We need an Empire Faction Pass.

Prev13
War
932 posts Member
Yes Empire got two new characters and a Ship. After that though, the entire First Order received reworks. Then we got three new Sith characters and buffs across the board for the existing Sith in the game. We even recently got a bundle for a new First Order Ship.

Empire deserves to get the same treatment those two factions got. Before being forgotten when factions X,Y, and Z are getting their new characters and reworks/buffs.

Stormtrooper and General Veers need reworks and Zeta's. Like what First Order characters got.

Snowtrooper and Magmatrooper need buffs. Similar to how the Sith were handled with their Faction Pass.

Grand Moff Tarkin absolutely needs a Zeta on his leader ability, to make Empire viable again.

Replies

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Plenty of other factions need some love to, like Nightsisters, Droids, Seperatists etc. Empire is currently one of the best chocies for arena right now.
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Tuskens need one first, they were here first
  • Mzee wrote: »
    Plenty of other factions need some love to, like Nightsisters, Droids, Seperatists etc. Empire is currently one of the best chocies for arena right now.

This. Empire is very good at arena atm with solid toons, might as well focus on the factions that arent so good just yet.
    This is a signature.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Mzee wrote: »

No it's not. How many Empire teams do you see at the top that aren't hybrids using Empire leads. Certainly none of the toons I mentioned are at the top or even close to it. Just EP, Vader, TFP, and SHT.

And yes other Factions need some love, but Empire was already lined up. I just want devs to take a step backwards, fix these five characters, and then move forward to Nightsisters, Tuskans, or whoever else.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Mzee wrote: »

This. Empire is very good at arena atm with solid toons, might as well focus on the factions that arent so good just yet.

The reason Empire is good, is because Vader and EP are Sith. Sith are good, Empire is not. I ran Zader lead with full Empire rather than some hybrid and it failed.

The other factions will get their turns, but Empire should have already gotten theirs when Krennic and DT were released.
  • anonidude
    703 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Put zader up front boost up magmatrooper and with the others you mentioned ep sht tfp.....well thats an a grade arena team right now.

Sith 1st order and resistance (recent faction reworks) were all universally poor in arena before.

I would suggest empire is still viable in arena and if you are losing on defence well thats just good game balance. If you are losing on offence you might want to rethink your strategy.

And if you need other options like dispell there are other darkside options - b2 / boba
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    anonidude wrote: »
    Put zader up front boost up magmatrooper and with the others you mentioned ep sht tfp.....well thats an a grade arena team right now.

Sith 1st order and resistance (recent faction reworks) were all universally poor in arena before.

I would suggest empire is still viable in arena and if you are losing on defence well thats just good game balance. If you are losing on offence you might want to rethink your strategy.

And if you need other options like dispell there are other darkside options - b2 / boba

I have Magmatrooper in my team, who I think is bugged, still collecting data on that. But General Veers and Stormtrooper are universally poor in arena, and Tarkin still only has a level 7 leader ability.

I shouldn't have to wait through every other faction, Rebels included, before getting my Empire Zetas.
  • Seriously? Empire has the best toons as of now with best non Zeta lead (maybe second best). EP TFP Shore DT Krennic Vader?

It is team that is widely used already...
  • DT and Krennic do not have Zetas?
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Seriously? Empire has the best toons as of now with best non Zeta lead (maybe second best). EP TFP Shore DT Krennic Vader?

We all know EP Vader and TFP are widely used at the moment. Krennic and DT however aren't because they're truthfully not that great. I'm wanting Stormtrooper, Veers, Snow, Magma, and Tarkin to get touch ups.
    DT and Krennic do not have Zetas?

They do have Zetas. Stormtrooper, General Veers, and Tarkin do not have their Zetas yet.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Just because a few characters in a faction aren't up to par doesnt mean the faction needs a buff. Do rebels need a buff because lobot and luke arent very good? Nope
  • War
    932 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Just because a few characters in a faction aren't up to par doesnt mean the faction needs a buff. Do rebels need a buff because lobot and luke arent very good? Nope

That's fair I guess. Who'd want a Mace Windu rework, lol.
  • Outside of EP, Vader, TFP, DT and DK, I do agree Empire characters need some sort of buff/update. However, other Factions need it more badly, like Separatists, Nightsisters and (even though I hate to admit it) Tuskens.
    By the way, check out my ideas on Tarkin and Stormtrooper reworks if you want.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/91591/stormtrooper-rework-ideas/p1
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/89687/grand-moff-tarkins-kit
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Outside of EP, Vader, TFP, DT and DK, I do agree Empire characters need some sort of buff/update. However, other Factions need it more badly, like Separatists, Nightsisters and (even though I hate to admit it) Tuskens.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/91591/stormtrooper-rework-ideas/p1
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/89687/grand-moff-tarkins-kit

The difference though, is it's Empire/FO/Sith factions turns for buffs. I don't want Stormtrooper, Veers, Snow, Magma, and Tarkin to be missed during their factions buff period, and then have to wait through all those other factions turns.
  • War wrote: »
    Outside of EP, Vader, TFP, DT and DK, I do agree Empire characters need some sort of buff/update. However, other Factions need it more badly, like Separatists, Nightsisters and (even though I hate to admit it) Tuskens.

The difference though, is it's Empire/FO/Sith factions turns for buffs. I don't want Stormtrooper, Veers, Snow, Magma, and Tarkin to be missed during their factions buff period, and then have to wait through all those other factions turns.

I get your point. I even agree with you. The thing is that, on EA/CG and many players eyes, Empire is viable right now. They are right too. Other factions like the ones previously mentioned are not viable at all and have more priority in their eyes. We don't know whose month will be March. I expect Separatists, but they could buff some other characters too. In any case, they'll get that buff eventually.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    War wrote: »

I get your point. I even agree with you. The thing is that, on EA/CG and many players eyes, Empire is viable right now. They are right too. Other factions like the ones previously mentioned are not viable at all and have more priority in their eyes. We don't know whose month will be March. I expect Separatists, but they could buff some other characters too. In any case, they'll get that buff eventually.

If were playing the what's viable in arena game, a lot of Jedi fanboys are gonna be upset. They won't be last to get buffs, that'll be Rebels, but expect months of no Jedi buffs.
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    EP TFP Shore DT Krennic Vader?

you can't put 6 characters on an arena team. :)

Just take 5 of these... and also put RG into it. Empire has two of the best tanks of the games whereas Jedi still lacks a real taunter (GK is useless if Sith don't crits...).

I run a half Empire team on arena and I still destroy most team. I ran a Resistance ZFinn for 2 hours and I fell from first to 25 :/ whereas I never drop top 10 after 23 hours with the Frankenstein team.
  • If we areally talking about buff, I would gladly give Empire all the buff they want if Jedi gets a pure glass canon, a real taunter and a cleanse to Yoda. My 6* GK Will be happy :)
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    If we areally talking about buff, I would gladly give Empire all the buff they want if Jedi gets a pure glass canon, a real taunter and a cleanse to Yoda. My 6* GK Will be happy :)

With what some of the comments on the thread are saying and implying, it seems Jedi won't be buffed until they're no longer arena viable.

Kind of shame really. Viable EP, Vader, and TFP makes it so Stormtrooper doesn't qualify for a rework. And in that same regard, Jedi won't get buffed because GK, Yoda, and Qui-Gon are viable.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Nothing wrong with Royal Guard
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Olga wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with Royal Guard

No one mentioned Royal Guard. It's General Veers, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, and Magmatrooper I want buffed. As well as Grand Moff Tarkin to receive his Leadership Zeta Upgrade.

Royal Guard's great and needs no changes.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i think empire is at a pretty solid place at the moment. no need for an empire faction pass at all imo.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • IMO that Stormtrooper shouldn't be a tank! We already got two good empire tanks in ShT and Royal Guard..

He needs to become an attacker or atleast something else...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I kinda think they got theirs, directly and indirectly. They have had zetas added and 2 new toons added.

Indirectly because the 2 best empire leads also include sith who just go a big boost.

I am sure this type of event/zeta/rework/light buffs will happen all around on some rotation Empire seems to be pretty current and I don't see them being high on the list.

Separatists, jedi, NS, ewok, resistance (slightly less so) are more likely to be in line next. Possibly jawa, tuskan, but they are not know for ships so I see then getting sidelined slightly.
  • War wrote: »
    If we areally talking about buff, I would gladly give Empire all the buff they want if Jedi gets a pure glass canon, a real taunter and a cleanse to Yoda. My 6* GK Will be happy :)

With what some of the comments on the thread are saying and implying, it seems Jedi won't be buffed until they're no longer arena viable.

Kind of shame really. Viable EP, Vader, and TFP makes it so Stormtrooper doesn't qualify for a rework. And in that same regard, Jedi won't get buffed because GK, Yoda, and Qui-Gon are viable.

ZGJ teams works, only thanks to:
    - 40 Zeta materials
    - insane mods with speed secondaries (like +15 on each mod)
    - an OP toons that punishes debuffs, gives Crit immunity and make assist call of a full team
    - Gearing three of the most difficult toons to gear (GK, Aayla, JKA).

Empire works:
    - RG, best tank in the game at G10
    - TFP, fastest toon in the game
    - 0 Zeta needed to make it viable
    - EP, the best character in the game
    - SHT, first auto-taunt release

Sorry, Empire are the second best faction as of now and probably the most represented among top arena ranks. What you are asking just does not make any sense.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    I kinda think they got theirs, directly and indirectly. They have had zetas added and 2 new toons added.

Indirectly because the 2 best empire leads also include sith who just go a big boost.

I am sure this type of event/zeta/rework/light buffs will happen all around on some rotation Empire seems to be pretty current and I don't see them being high on the list.

Separatists, jedi, NS, ewok, resistance (slightly less so) are more likely to be in line next. Possibly jawa, tuskan, but they are not know for ships so I see then getting sidelined slightly.

There have been no new Empire Zetas, yes Empire got two overdue characters, and take Jedi off that list.

It's been said numerous times Empire doesn't deserve buffs, because of the EP and Zader leads in arena. So it makes no sense to buff Jedi while Yoda, Qui-Gon, and GK are still at large.
  • The difference is that EP, TFP Zader can win a 3v5 situation while QGJ, Yoda and GK can't.

Moreover the three Jedis are neutralized easily with B2, TFP and EP while there is no natural counter to TFP and EP.

And we are talking about at least 6/7 viable toons for Empire vs 2/3 de facto Jedi in a Jedi team...
  • Mzee wrote: »

Droid?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    The only faction more arena viable than Empire right now is Sith - and only because they just got a big boost. Rebels might be close by virtue of the fact that there are simply so many to choose from (and most players have several already geared an leveled).

Empire is more than capable as is. No need for another boost for them at this time. Sure, there are some weaker toons in the faction - but you could say that about any faction (Rebels Luke Skywalker, Lobot, K2SO, Raid Han, Scariff Rebel Pathfinder, etc. all say "Hello") - but Empire is more than capable of fielding an arena team that would give virtually any other faction a run for it's money. In fact, try a Sith team in arena without B2 or one of the other faction's tanks. It still doesn't work nearly as well.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Why is is that because Vader, EP, and TFP are so good, none of the other Empire characters get to be good? How many Empire teams do you see in arena. Or are they all Empire/Sith hybrids running B2 and Boba two NON-Empire characters. All I want is while it's still Empire month, for Stormtrooper, Veers, snow, Magma,and Tarkin to get their dues.

What if during Jedi month all we got were couple new Jedi and then skipped to Ewoks who get new characters and reworks. I guarantee you there would be a thread just like this for Mace Windu, Plo Koon, and other non viable Jedi.