4x speed up covers both arena?

Prev1
Or it only covers fleet arena.

I don't think the toon arena needs any speed up. Well, sniping issue. If they speed up toon arena as well, it's not quality of life but more unneeded stress.

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Its in both
  • That gonna suck.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    I don't think you understand what it is.
  • Tactyou wrote: »
    Or it only covers fleet arena.

I don't think the toon arena needs any speed up. Well, sniping issue. If they speed up toon arena as well, it's not quality of life but more unneeded stress.

I totally agree, please devs, do not speed up the regular arena
  • I dont see why being able to finish a battle is an issue
  • The end of the draw?
  • Jordison
    65 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Yes, because a lot of teams defense is based on time running out.
  • Welcome to the 20 seconds snipes QoL improvement =)
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    I dont see why being able to finish a battle is an issue

My toon arena shard doesn't snipe anymore out of courtesy but I know a lot of sniping still happen in other shards. Typically you know your team can't be snipe within the last 2 mins or not. Now for those experiencing sniping, that means they need to keep an eye out the last 30 sec. Thats stress added.

Though, I totally support to speed up the fleet arena as there's a lot of time outs.

• Malthael wrote: »
    Welcome to the 20 seconds snipes QoL improvement =)

Or this. Regular toon arena doesn't need speed ups. Only fleet arena needs the speed up.
  • I do not actually think that the speeded up fights will have an effect on waiting time.

Probably players are going to have to wait the initial wait time + the time they speeded up before going to another fight.
    Malthael wrote: »

Or this. Regular toon arena doesn't need speed ups. Only fleet arena needs the speed up.

Maybe its me, but even fleet arena, once you get your ships and crews maxed, time outs aren't an issue.

I truly doubt people complaining about timeouts in fleet have their squads (crew, ships, mods) maxed, and if they do, maybe its time to change the squad...
    I fight vs maxed republic squads under Mace and don't get timed out in ages.
  • I do not actually think that the speeded up fights will have an effect on waiting time.

Probably players are going to have to wait the initial wait time + the time they speeded up before going to another fight.

Yes you're right on that, it won't have an effect on waiting time. Instead of doing the battle with 7 mins left with the existing structure now, all you have to do is do it with 5mins and 30 sec left before payout.

What I am saying is there's no need to speed up arena fight, adding the speed ups means you're giving more options for sniping, which is added stress. It's not quality of life anymore.

Regular arena doesn't have any problem or complains. It's mostly for fleet arena. And again, giving the option to speed up regular arena is actually helping sniping. More stress.

• Malthael wrote: »
    Tactyou wrote: »

Maybe its me, but even fleet arena, once you get your ships and crews maxed, time outs aren't an issue.

I truly doubt people complaining about timeouts in fleet have their squads (crew, ships, mods) maxed, and if they do, maybe its time to change the squad...
    I fight vs maxed republic squads under Mace and don't get timed out in ages.

That's true, I don't experience time outs anymore even against maxed mace. But I didn't complain.

The complain for time outs are mostly from fleet arena, especially against mace. So the dev came out with this solution for those complaining for fleet arena.

The way I look at it, adding speed to regular arena will cause more stress than quality of life. But that's me. That's how I see it. If anyone disagrees, we are all entitled to our opinion.

• Using the speed up is optional. Use it or don't use it. It's your call.
  • MykCnoE wrote: »
    Using the speed up is optional. Use it or don't use it. It's your call.

That's not the thread is about.
  • MykCnoE wrote: »

It's not an option to turn off your enemy's speed up. In arena I move to #5 with like ten minutes to payout and then in less than a minute if enemies coordiante their attacks you can fall to like 24 in about a minute. But to move back up it will take much much longer due to the cooldown between matches.

So looks like what they want us to do with this "QOL" in arena is move to first and refresh immediately by paying money so you can lock yourself I suppose :neutral:
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    MykCnoE wrote: »

It's not an option to turn off your enemy's speed up. In arena I move to #5 with like ten minutes to payout and then in less than a minute if enemies coordiante their attacks you can fall to like 24 in about a minute. But to move back up it will take much much longer due to the cooldown between matches.

So looks like what they want us to do with this "QOL" in arena is move to first and refresh immediately by paying money so you can lock yourself I suppose :neutral:

That's another way to look at it, the crystals spending for lock ups.

The point is the update is supposed to improve "quality of life" , and by that it should look at any possibility that it can bring more unnecessary stress or spending. A few complained about the Tito team, but that's easily dealt with, unlike the fleet arena animation.

The dev should have just eliminate fleet arena animation, no thrill in seeing all the animations every time.

warmonkey wrote: »
    MykCnoE wrote: »

That's another way to look at it, the crystals spending for lock ups.

The point is the update is supposed to improve "quality of life" , and by that it should look at any possibility that it can bring more unnecessary stress or spending. A few complained about the Tito team, but that's easily dealt with, unlike the fleet arena animation.

The dev should have just eliminate fleet arena animation, no thrill in seeing all the animations every time.

I agree and like the idea of just get rid of animation in ships. Or instead of speed up on auto how about an option to turn off/on capital ship animations. That would be a welcomed qol
  • Agree, speeding up regular battles are unnecessary...if anything, 2x maybe okay, but 4x is totally overkill and takes away the fun of actually playing the game...
    Ships needs it though, but again, just 2x.

This. If they release speed up to regular arena battles, just realize it has NOTHING to do with "quality of life" and everything to do with "more crystals for sniping refreshes". The 20 second snipe isn't far off. I have been sniped in under 90 seconds (it was about 3 months ago) - at 4x speed, 20-25 seconds would be about right.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Instead of doing the battle with 7 mins left with the existing structure now, all you have to do is do it with 5mins and 30 sec left before payout.

I agree that the speed ups just changes when the ideal time to lock your last battle in.
    What I am saying is there's no need to speed up arena fight, adding the speed ups means you're giving more options for sniping, which is added stress. It's not quality of life anymore.

Regular arena doesn't have any problem or complains. It's mostly for fleet arena. And again, giving the option to speed up regular arena is actually helping sniping. More stress.

I don't think it will really cause more stress you just need to time things better to lock your last battle. Remember if someone is using the 4X speed up they are not really going to be able to control the match that much and will pretty much be on full auto making it harder for them to win. Sure there will be teams that can full auto in the future and win most battles. I think overall the Speed Up is a huge benefit to the game.

It makes GW so much less of a chore each day and the fleet battles will be a lot better. Not to mention the raids! Overall it will be greatly reducing the amount of time needed to be in game.

I can see why people may not like it in regular arena but I don't think it will be as bad as you think and overall it makes the entire game much better.
  • Serya wrote: »
    Instead of doing the battle with 7 mins left with the existing structure now, all you have to do is do it with 5mins and 30 sec left before payout.

I agree that the speed ups just changes when the ideal time to lock your last battle in.

I don't think it will really cause more stress you just need to time things better to lock your last battle. Remember if someone is using the 4X speed up they are not really going to be able to control the match that much and will pretty much be on full auto making it harder for them to win. Sure there will be teams that can full auto in the future and win most battles. I think overall the Speed Up is a huge benefit to the game.

It makes GW so much less of a chore each day and the fleet battles will be a lot better. Not to mention the raids! Overall it will be greatly reducing the amount of time needed to be in game.

I can see why people may not like it in regular arena but I don't think it will be as bad as you think and overall it makes the entire game much better.

I respect your view. Just from experience from the game, anything as small as what they called improvements are exploited or abused. And there **** always an agenda behind.

And I think the speed ups only cover arenas. No raid speed up yet, which make the "quality of life" very questionable. I am all for speed ups for fleet arena but then as said, the solution can be easily resolved just be removing the animations.

Now if they do really speed up gw and raids, then that's improving quality of life.
  • I really cannot get it - what are you complaining of?!? It is optional - if you don't like it - use 1x ?!? I think it is great update
  • pargame wrote: »
    I really cannot get it - what are you complaining of?!? It is optional - if you don't like it - use 1x ?!? I think it is great update

Read nikoms and warmonkey comment. You just don't get it.

I respect your view. Just from experience from the game, anything as small as what they called improvements are exploited or abused. And there **** always an agenda behind.

And I think the speed ups only cover arenas. No raid speed up yet, which make the "quality of life" very questionable. I am all for speed ups for fleet arena but then as said, the solution can be easily resolved just be removing the animations.

Now if they do really speed up gw and raids, then that's improving quality of life.

Haha yeah if it's not in Raids and GW then it's pretty much pointless. I agree that speeding up Arena is not ideal but I would deal with it to have Raids and GW sped up!

It should be available in all aspects of the game.

pargame wrote: »
    I really cannot get it - what are you complaining of?!? It is optional - if you don't like it - use 1x ?!? I think it is great update

Sorry, you are right, I should have read it more careful. In some shards this can be a problem - I think they should lock team as it was x1 - I mean if you finish battle for 1 min at speed x4 - should lock team for 4 min.
  • pargame wrote: »
    pargame wrote: »

Sorry, you are right, I should have read it more careful. In some shards this can be a problem - I think they should lock team as it was x1 - I mean if you finish battle for 1 min at speed x4 - should lock team for 4 min.

Thank you sir for taking time to read it.

• Surprisingly there are people other than me who do not think that this new update is going to be an improvement despite it being named an improvement.

I guess most people should benefit some way or another but for me personally who spent all his resources building a full Republic fleet to 'time out' on fleet defense, I'm royally screwed.

And if that wasn't bad enough, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be an improvement on Arena payout clock blocking either. Definitely NOT looking forward to the upcoming 'ímprovements'
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Surprisingly there are people other than me who do not think that this new update is going to be an improvement despite it being named an improvement.

I guess most people should benefit some way or another but for me personally who spent all his resources building a full Republic fleet to 'time out' on fleet defense, I'm royally screwed.

And if that wasn't bad enough, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be an improvement on Arena payout clock blocking either. Definitely NOT looking forward to the upcoming 'ímprovements'

Yeah my republic time out fleet is also screwed but I hope they make some fleet balance changes since they have not done that yet.