A tale of two Clones

So I'm getting close to maxing out much of my A team and I've been quietly working on a Clone based synergy team in the background. More for fun then any real belief that it will out perform my A team. And with the idea that when (I hope, I hope, I hope) they drop more Clones, I'll already have two preped and ready.

It's a turn manipulation squad borrowing two BAMF's from my A team.

7* almost maxed Sid as leader for crit chance. 5* maxed Fives for slow and Clone synergy, 5* Plo for Clone turn meter gain. 4* Clone Sgt for opponent turn meter reduction and self turn meter gain. (Side note. Clone Sgt is turning into a real **** to farm. He has 3 available Hard battles to farm, 9 chances, and I average 1 or 2 a day. Dooku was easier!)

Now I'm stumped on choosing between Poe or ST Han. I've read great things about both on this forum and I've been proper messed up by opponents with either on their team.

Poe has the a high speed and a taunt that reduces opponent turn meter and has a chance of expose, but I've only got it at lvl 3 so I don't know good the turn meter reduction really is. Also he's squishy for a taunting tank. Low survivability chance beyond first turn.

ST Han has a personal turn gain on his primary, and squad turn gain on his taunt AND a passive that has a chance of opponent turn reduction at the start of each of his turns. Although again, I don't know how good they get with ability mats because I haven't unlocked him yet. He's also squishy for a taunting tank, but not as squishy as Poe. And a he's more easily farmed then Poe. I can get 10 shards a day for Han where as I would only be gaining 5 shards roughly every two days for Poe. (Making it exponentially faster to get him to 5* or even 7* if I want to commit.) On the flip side, his speed is mediocre at best. Reducing his chance to pop these abilities.

So, all you Poe and ST Han loving Heroes. Enlighten me with your experience! What do those abilities look like maxed out? If you have both leveled, how do they compare on the field?

And please don't just say one or the other sucks. I can read that in a dozen other places in this forum.

Thanks!

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    In current meta, if you are fighting in the top of the arena, Poe's speed trumps everything. Other thsb that, if you don't face los of 1HKO fast guys, and you can actually use Han, his manipulation is awesome.

So the question is: does Han survive in your meta long enough to taunt?
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Poe is better as a standalone character. If you get Ackbar as lead, I'd choose Han.

Both are pretty straightforward: they improve your turn meter and protect your glass cannon characters. I don't think 5's is great to use with either, since he's not really a target I'm trying to focus down. I haven't seen a high level clone trooper, so I can't really comment on his hp pool and damage
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    7* max gear Han is a staple on my arena team. hilariously fun to use until sid or kylo drops healing immunity on him. even against Poe team, I'm able to pull a clutch win on the second round with 4 v 5 since I move 3x to their 1
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    I should mention that I also run foo and phasma. Han on his own wouldn't really compliment any team the way Poe does
    mighty chlorians
  • Ac
    l3end3r wrote: »
    Poe is better as a standalone character. If you get Ackbar as lead, I'd choose Han.

Both are pretty straightforward: they improve your turn meter and protect your glass cannon characters. I don't think 5's is great to use with either, since he's not really a target I'm trying to focus down. I haven't seen a high level clone trooper, so I can't really comment on his hp pool and damage

According to swgohcantina.com, Clone Sgt runs about middle of the field for health, Dmg, speed, and armor. I'm counting on turn manipulation for frequent attacks to balance this. And again, this is more for fun and anticipation of more clone Chars in the future.
  • reizse wrote: »
    7* max gear Han is a staple on my arena team. hilariously fun to use until sid or kylo drops healing immunity on him. even against Poe team, I'm able to pull a clutch win on the second round with 4 v 5 since I move 3x to their 1

So you have a maxed Han. What does Draw Fire and Bluff look like maxed out?