Please fix zKylo in P1 of AAT

DarthBarron
339 posts Member
edited February 2017
The fact that a zeta'd Kylo - by himself - can solo P1 of HaaT is ridiculous and dangerous to Guilds. A single toon should not be able to do that kind of damage. It places stress on guilds, as a member, with some free time, can solo P1 and this will become worse with the QoL update, as they can now do it 4x as quick. There is no strategy or planning or risk. Surely, this is not WAI for a character to be able to do this.

Enrage was tweaked in part becasue of Maul. Tweak the escape the function to only allow escape of the same character once per raid or make some other adjustment. Thanks.
Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• I have a list of characters i don't have that i wish to be nerfed too
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    non-issue.
    if 20 other members are online, p1 is already done by the time kylo has escaped twice.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • vazelos81 wrote: »
    I have a list of characters i don't have that i wish to be nerfed too

It's not a nerf and I have Kylo and by Monday can Zeta him. Don't assume. And I am not talking about a nerf, it's a change in a mechanic that appears to be broken, unless you think that the HAAT raid was designed for a single toon to be able to solo a phase..... But thanks for playing.
    Do or Do not.

It's not a nerf and I have Kylo and by Monday can Zeta him. Don't assume. And I am not talking about a nerf, it's a change in a mechanic that appears to be broken, unless you think that the HAAT raid was designed for a single toon to be able to solo a phase..... But thanks for playing.

Simple fix: if guild leadership doesn't want players soloing P1, kick them if they do so.
  • leef wrote: »
    non-issue.
    if 20 other members are online, p1 is already done by the time kylo has escaped twice.

Again assumption.....assumes that 20 members are online a ready to play at raid launch and have teams capable of 5% in P1. And even with that, with the QoL update, playing zKylo will be quicker.

The question is, given the level of difficulty of HAAT and all the raid mechanics placed in it, is this WAI.
    Do or Do not.

• I'm sure the devs allready know the zKylo solo. If it's a bug it will be fixed. If it's not a bug and will be "fixed" then it's a nerf.
  • What's YOUR beef?
  • Who cares.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    non-issue.

Again assumption.....assumes that 20 members are online a ready to play at raid launch and have teams capable of 5% in P1. And even with that, with the QoL update, playing zKylo will be quicker.

The question is, given the level of difficulty of HAAT and all the raid mechanics placed in it, is this WAI.

I still don't see the problem. Who cares if it's WAI or not? Who cares that 1 person, given the right circumstances, is able to clear p1 by himself with just 1 character?
    It's easy to avoid such a situation. For most guilds who've been finishing hAAT reguraly it's not even a possibility to clear p1 with kylo by yourself.
  • leef wrote: »
    non-issue.

You're making a bigger assumption that no one else is on.

Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.

Baze, Chirrut, Jyn, Cassian, Kylo, Kenobi, and while we're at it, let's nerf the zeta clones. doing that much damage in Haat shouldn't be allowed for them either.
  • doesn't it take forever for him to solo the first phase? Who has that kind of time? in short, if they have the time to do it then who cares
  • I don't think this is a big issue: if several try the trick they will do most 1M in P1. Zeta Cody can do 2M/toon and Resistance can do 800k/toon.

Plus you should consider the time required to do the Zylo trick.
  • The OP is asking for the retreat button to be removed. Thanks OP
  • WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    The OP is asking for the retreat button to be removed. Thanks OP

Lol

Yeah who cares if one person can solo the whole raid haha.
  • Zeta Kylo helps weaker guilds on phase 1, I see nothing wrong with that.
  • Dhoey321 wrote: »
    doesn't it take forever for him to solo the first phase? Who has that kind of time? in short, if they have the time to do it then who cares

^This. It takes over an hour to do it that way. Ren is just a cry for help, but lets weaker guilds get a chance to do the HAAT. He's hardly dangerous or game breaking.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I forgot what a wonderful place the forums are. lol.

I am not asking for a nerf, I am not asking for the retreat button to be removed, I am not complaining about the damage, I can have zKylo myself in a few days if I choose.

The question is simple, is the setup and intended mechanics of the HAAT raid consistent with the ability of zKylo? HAAT was tweaked because of zMaul and all of the features seemed to be geared towards eliminating this type of action.

With the QoL update, assuming a 1:1 correspondence... the hour time just turned to 15 minutes, so timing just became easier.

So, if someone would like to comment on if the quirks in zKylo's ability match the intended mechanics of the raid, that would be awesome.
    Do or Do not.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    I forgot what a wonderful place the forums are. lol.

I am not asking for a nerf, I am not asking for the retreat button to be removed, I am not complaining about the damage, I can have zKylo myself in a few days if I choose.

The question is simple, is the setup and intended mechanics of the HAAT raid consistent with the ability of zKylo? HAAT was tweaked because of zMaul and all of the features seemed to be geared towards eliminating this type of action.

With the QoL update, assuming a 1:1 correspondence... the hour time just turned to 15 minutes, so timing just became easier.

So, if someone would like to comment on if the quirks in zKylo's ability match the intended mechanics of the raid, that would be awesome.

who knows, they might adjust it, they might not adjust it. In the end it doesn't matter what they decide.
    /thread
  • In my guild (and many others) you have one attempt per phase, so anyway ....
  • This is WAI, Kylo is finally feasable, no reason to nerf for no reason ...Might wana find a real problem to whine about dude, for real :/
  • This is WAI, Kylo is finally feasable, no reason to nerf for no reason ...Might wana find a real problem to whine about dude, for real :/

Lol - if you want it make a legitimate argument I'll listen, although it appears tough for people on here. Nerfing is not my argument, so thanks for playing. Not even whining, I can have zKylo and do the same thing.

All of the mechanics of the AAT raid appear to be geared to prohibit this type of function, including the recent bug fix. So far, there has not been one argument to the contrary on why this isn't the case.
    Do or Do not.

• Waaaaaaaa my clones and zeta maul got nerfed.

If I can't feel OP anymore why can the Z Kylo Ren people?

Waaaaaaaa

Etc.
  • I really dont understand your concern with this. This can help weaker guilds move towards finally doing a sucessful Haat. If you have a problem with your own guildmates getting 1st rank because of a zylo then just limit the attempts someone can do/phase.
  • Aitken
    19 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Dude you're like the teachers pet asking for more homework. Lesser guilds had zylo as a life line in haat. This was never "dangerous to guilds" the haat caused enough splits on its own. Zylo kept some guilds together or did until now. So thanks for being "that guy"
  • Aitken wrote: »
    Dude you're like the teachers pet asking for more homework. Lesser guilds had zylo as a life line in haat. This was never "dangerous to guilds" the haat caused enough splits on its own. Zylo kept some guilds together or did until now. So thanks for being "that guy"

Teacher's pet or not, doesn't change the inconvenient truth that zKylo was not WAI. See the latest update. If your guild needs zKylo to clear HAAT, then it just isn't ready. Like many have said, including the Devs, one toon should not have that kind of power, see Nute and Jawas... so thanks for being "that guy" and offer nothing constructive and pointless criticism. Hopefully your guild is strong enough to get by with zKylo working correctly.
    Do or Do not.

• Bobafeit
    139 posts Member
    Aitken wrote: »

Teacher's pet or not, doesn't change the inconvenient truth that zKylo was not WAI. See the latest update. If your guild needs zKylo to clear HAAT, then it just isn't ready. Like many have said, including the Devs, one toon should not have that kind of power, see Nute and Jawas... so thanks for being "that guy" and offer nothing constructive and pointless criticism. Hopefully your guild is strong enough to get by with zKylo working correctly.

Care to explain how he was not WAI? The escape can be ability blocked and dots reduce his cds so actually he is not WAI now
    And by seeing when this post was made he has been able to solo p1 for a very long time still is just takes longer now
    Took them a weekend to "fix Nute" so if this was game breaking im sure they would have been fixed 6 months ago
    This was a non issue and its not like there isnt other stuff that needs fixing like daily raid tickets to mention 1
    But i guess its more important for CG to annoy their players