Thalia vs Dooku

InternetSwag
2658 posts Member
edited January 2016
Might seem like a dumb question, but hear me out.
I'm only lvl 42.

I am 43/50 Luminara, meaning I get a really good healer soon.
I am also 72/80 Sidious, meaning I get a really good DPS soon.

My Dooku is 16/50 (I got a few shards from Chromium).
My Thalia is 3* Gear V and 13/30. She is my highest hero power character at 1980.

So far she has been amazing alongside Jedi Consular for my GW, Arena etc.
But when I get Luminara... I replace Thalia right, not JC? I can't be running around with 3 healers?
And I still need to get Daka as well eventually so I'm kinda feeling stuck atm.

My current team is;
GS 3* Gear V (Very Powerful)
Jawa 3* Gear IV (Easily replaced by Sidious)
Jedi Consular 3* Gear IV (Unsure about him)
Thalia (See above)
Chewbacca 3* Gear IV (Not sure about Chewie either, I guess I need a tank?)

Then I'm also working on IG 86 who I've heard is just as amazing as GS.

So what are your thoughts? There's only two nodes to farm Dooku so it's not gonna happen anytime soon.
But all these shards are being farmed with excess energy so it's all moot anyways, because primary farming is already finished.
| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |

Replies

  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    for gw, triple healer with jc, lumi and daka wins it for me every day (I used talia before unlocking daka). other than that I can't offer much more insight for talia. I love dooku though. he's on every team I use
    mighty chlorians
  • Fher
    188 posts Member
    You should definitely keep JC, he does good damage and at higher levels he gets cooldown -1. Talia is a good healer (kinda, not really) only when there are no other healers, like in a dark only team. Talia works best also in a all nightsisters team. Other than that, I haven't found much use in her. Daka is ok for healing, and excellent stunning, but she is slow and has low HP. Keep working on Sidious, he's very useful at all levels. Lumi is ok, but JC should be able to do all the healing you need, if you add Lumi you're losing out on firepower as she's not the best per se, she's only ok.

    Don't have much experience with GS and IG-86, but I hear they're good, so you can keep them. Baetween Talia and Lumi, keep Lumi. Dooku is ok, but has low HP, makes him very vulnerable, and it's too much of a pain to get his stars up. In the time it's going to take you to get a 4* Dooku, (other that the $4.99 pack if they bring it back) you could easily farm, something else to 7*.

    If you can consistently complete GW, go for Phasma, then you should have a solid team. Good luck and may the Force be with you.


    ~Fher
  • reizse wrote: »
    for gw, triple healer with jc, lumi and daka wins it for me every day (I used talia before unlocking daka). other than that I can't offer much more insight for talia. I love dooku though. he's on every team I use

    Hmm, yeah it's interesting, because Dooku is my go to for ally assists and the constant counter attack/bonus attack is just amazing.

    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Fher wrote: »
    You should definitely keep JC, he does good damage and at higher levels he gets cooldown -1. Talia is a good healer (kinda, not really) only when there are no other healers, like in a dark only team. Talia works best also in a all nightsisters team. Other than that, I haven't found much use in her. Daka is ok for healing, and excellent stunning, but she is slow and has low HP. Keep working on Sidious, he's very useful at all levels. Lumi is ok, but JC should be able to do all the healing you need, if you add Lumi you're losing out on firepower as she's not the best per se, she's only ok.

    Don't have much experience with GS and IG-86, but I hear they're good, so you can keep them. Baetween Talia and Lumi, keep Lumi. Dooku is ok, but has low HP, makes him very vulnerable, and it's too much of a pain to get his stars up. In the time it's going to take you to get a 4* Dooku, (other that the $4.99 pack if they bring it back) you could easily farm, something else to 7*.

    If you can consistently complete GW, go for Phasma, then you should have a solid team. Good luck and may the Force be with you.


    ~Fher

    Thanks for the informative reply, I appreciate it.
    I wasn't aware that Lumi wasn't that great, I was under the impression that she was the best healer in the game.
    If they bring back the bundle I would buy Dooku at that price. Well if it is going to take that long to 7* him I might as well farm someone else.
    It's interesting now to me, reading your post. There seems to be so many angles you can take in this game.

    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    Use Talia until you get three healers, and start farming Kylo in cantina battle ASAP. Shelf Talia afterwards

    I'm only lvl 42, I have no idea where to get Kylo in Cantina.
    Why do you recommend him?
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Fher wrote: »
    You should definitely keep JC, he does good damage and at higher levels he gets cooldown -1. Talia is a good healer (kinda, not really) only when there are no other healers, like in a dark only team. Talia works best also in a all nightsisters team. Other than that, I haven't found much use in her. Daka is ok for healing, and excellent stunning, but she is slow and has low HP. Keep working on Sidious, he's very useful at all levels. Lumi is ok, but JC should be able to do all the healing you need, if you add Lumi you're losing out on firepower as she's not the best per se, she's only ok.

    Don't have much experience with GS and IG-86, but I hear they're good, so you can keep them. Baetween Talia and Lumi, keep Lumi. Dooku is ok, but has low HP, makes him very vulnerable, and it's too much of a pain to get his stars up. In the time it's going to take you to get a 4* Dooku, (other that the $4.99 pack if they bring it back) you could easily farm, something else to 7*.

    If you can consistently complete GW, go for Phasma, then you should have a solid team. Good luck and may the Force be with you.


    ~Fher

    Thanks for the informative reply, I appreciate it.
    I wasn't aware that Lumi wasn't that great, I was under the impression that she was the best healer in the game.
    If they bring back the bundle I would buy Dooku at that price. Well if it is going to take that long to 7* him I might as well farm someone else.
    It's interesting now to me, reading your post. There seems to be so many angles you can take in this game.


    Lumi IS the best healer in the game, HOWEVER, JC is very easy to star up and gear up = powerfull.

    It gives you the option of farming someone else in GW shipment instead of Lumi

    But Lumi, once star, ability and geared up, is stronger then JC, much stronger. (just a longer process)

  • Lumi IS the best healer in the game, HOWEVER, JC is very easy to star up and gear up = powerfull.

    It gives you the option of farming someone else in GW shipment instead of Lumi

    But Lumi, once star, ability and geared up, is stronger then JC, much stronger. (just a longer process)

    Ah, so there is always a catch 22.
    I understand now.
    Lumi better, but harder to raise.

    Thanks, appreciate the help.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    JC is good because he can hit for moderate dmg, and has a short cooldown, with a chance for an even shorter cooldown. Lumi is good because her heal lasts for 2 more rounds, and heals more than JC, by a little, and her force push packs a good punch. She has leader ability as well.

    When I do GW, I use her with Daka and JC, Sid and Kylo, and my first switch is to dump Daka for Fives. Also, Barriss can heal, at least in part, through a heal block, which is indispensable when facing toons with heal immunity like Dooku, Kylo, and Sid. Keep that in mind.

    Basically, JC can heal often, and isn't too too squishy, but Lumi hits hard and her heal does more, but has a much longer cooldown. Dake has the worst heal, but gives turn meter manipulation and a chance to revive. Pick your poison.

    I get it now. Definitely a case of pick your poison.
    I'm starting to form a mental image of how I'm going to go about it.

    This really answers all my questions(and more) guys.
    Thanks!
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • YGB
    11 posts Member
    once you get luminara replace thalia with her and once you get sidious replace gs with him not jawa.

    Trust me jawa can do a lot of damage at high enough levels (mine is 4* and i love him).

    I wouldn't run 3 healers together unless those are 3 of your most powerful characters.

    JC is great but lumi is better and in my experience can do a lot more damage + is a better healer.

    If you run them together in gw for me that's all you really need and then you can put more attackers in.

    Like someones else said before me thalia is good early but later on as you get stronger she won't be as effective and easier to kill.

    GS and IG - 86 for me are interchangeable in my line up, depending on my mood really. if GS works for you then you should star him up as they can bith do a lot of dmg with crits on their specials.

    Lastly chewbacca is slow but a great tank and someone to use as a distraction for a couple of turns with his taunt + health.
    good luck
  • At end game, and especially in GW, Luminara is hands down the best healer. She hits hard, has a great leader skill and her heal works for a couple of turns.

    JC will last into the end game as is always a good asset in GW due to ease of starring and gearing. You'll want all the heals you can get during higher GW battles.

    Dooku, while being hard to star up, provides a ton of utility. And after level 69 you can farm him in cantina battles.

    Talia is strong in NS teams, but fairly worthless otherwise. She is a liability in arena on defense and she is just outmatched by a ton of heroes. Jawa is in the same boat, he hits hard and will always have a place when fighting droids but mediocre otherwise.

    IG-86 is great in droid teams and good in almost any other team. Plus you'll get free shards this month for him and he very easy to star up. GS is similar.

    Chewie is ok as a tank but at high levels I just use him for my suicide teams. He is super slow and his taunt only lasts one turn. Poe and Han are both much better at higher levels.

    The key in this game is to balance what you need now with what you will need in a couple weeks and beyond. Focus on your team and choose a focus to farm from each source. The game changes a lot as you approach 70 so enjoy it.
  • YGB wrote: »
    once you get luminara replace thalia with her and once you get sidious replace gs with him not jawa.

    Trust me jawa can do a lot of damage at high enough levels (mine is 4* and i love him).

    I wouldn't run 3 healers together unless those are 3 of your most powerful characters.

    JC is great but lumi is better and in my experience can do a lot more damage + is a better healer.

    If you run them together in gw for me that's all you really need and then you can put more attackers in.

    Like someones else said before me thalia is good early but later on as you get stronger she won't be as effective and easier to kill.

    GS and IG - 86 for me are interchangeable in my line up, depending on my mood really. if GS works for you then you should star him up as they can bith do a lot of dmg with crits on their specials.

    Lastly chewbacca is slow but a great tank and someone to use as a distraction for a couple of turns with his taunt + health.
    good luck

    Hmm, the thing with Jawa is that I have no means to farm him atm at all, there are no shipments or nodes for him. Or I would have considered him, I have his abilities upgraded and yeah he does hit hard. +15% on his AoE is very nice and droids are all over the place.

    But I feel like he suffers from Vader syndrome, where by the time you actually get him, the rest of your team has formed without him.

    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    Use Talia until you get three healers, and start farming Kylo in cantina battle ASAP. Shelf Talia afterwards

    Why Kylo? He should farm GS or a good char. Kylo is very meh for anything EXCEPT as opponent in GW which has no benefit.
  • Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    At end game, and especially in GW, Luminara is hands down the best healer. She hits hard, has a great leader skill and her heal works for a couple of turns.

    JC will last into the end game as is always a good asset in GW due to ease of starring and gearing. You'll want all the heals you can get during higher GW battles.

    Dooku, while being hard to star up, provides a ton of utility. And after level 69 you can farm him in cantina battles.

    Talia is strong in NS teams, but fairly worthless otherwise. She is a liability in arena on defense and she is just outmatched by a ton of heroes. Jawa is in the same boat, he hits hard and will always have a place when fighting droids but mediocre otherwise.

    IG-86 is great in droid teams and good in almost any other team. Plus you'll get free shards this month for him and he very easy to star up. GS is similar.

    Chewie is ok as a tank but at high levels I just use him for my suicide teams. He is super slow and his taunt only lasts one turn. Poe and Han are both much better at higher levels.

    The key in this game is to balance what you need now with what you will need in a couple weeks and beyond. Focus on your team and choose a focus to farm from each source. The game changes a lot as you approach 70 so enjoy it.

    I got lucky with a level up and was able to farm Thalia and Dooku tonight. But yeah looking over your post it seems she's not that great end game and that's where I'm headed.

    I'll still raise her occasionally when I have free energy, because I need to finish the dark side missions. But end game will take priority.

    I got 3 Dooku shards tonight so I was somewhat lucky. It'll probably take me another 16-18 days to finish Dooku depending on my RNG.
    So it is quite a farm, but hey, I gotta spend that energy somewhere :)

    Thanks for the informative post.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Ser_Phoenix
    142 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    There is some monumentally bad misinformation being distributed in here (not all posts, but most) so I will just ignore the previous replies and focus on the OP.
    A summary of all the toons you mentioned, I feel, is the best way for me to help. As such:

    Luminara - someone here said she was mediocre (or something to that effect). Absolute absurdity. Lumi has the most powerful heal in the game, her evasion leader is broken, she hits hard and has 100% ability block (barring tenacity). She will replace Talia as your big heal toon. You will probably find she is a staple for a long time.

    JC - What he lacks in capabilities in Arena, he more than makes up for in GW and PvE. With his heal fully upgraded and his basic at skill level 3, he can potentially heal every other turn. He will be your main healer in GW. If you have no trouble with GW you could prioritise building others, but I guarantee he is useful.

    Jawa - Can be used as a high damage attacker for single target or AoE builds. Honestly, there are better options. His basic is decent, but there are far more high powered single target DPS (your GS for example). His AoE is good particulaly with offense up, but there are better AoE damage toons also. Sidious is one of them. Replace him with Sid when you are ready.

    Talia - Mostly used in a full Nightsisters team. Her heal is excellent however, so she makes a good backup heal for GW, and is very helpful in dark side missions (at least until you get Daka). I would suggest prioritising others as she will likely not be a part of your main crew in any game mode once you get Daka. I would still build her slightly for her usefulness as a backup healer.

    GS - Probably the best single target DPS toon in the game. If someone tells you to replace him, you can safely assume they have no clue when it comes to anything SWGOH. Build him. Focus on him. You will never regret it.

    Chewie - can be useful in GW and PvE, is generally outclassed by other tanks. More of a nuisance than a threat. I would bench him as he is also difficult to gear up.

    IG-86 - Extreme single target DPS. That's really all he can do. He does do it very well however. With Poggle he is capable of doing 13k crits on his special and calling and ally to assist. Very few toons can survive such a hit. Whether or not you build him depends on your long term goals. If you want to run a droid team, prioritise him. If not, he can be a slow side project to give you more options later on. There are better single target DPS toons for general use, like GS or QGJ as examples.

    Dooku - Excellent toon. Everybody should build Dooku. He is useful in all game modes. His stun is fantastic is GW (in fact he can carry you the entire way through it with his speed and stun removing the main threat each battle) and he all but guarantees a victory against jedi based teams in arena and PvE. He is often a liability on defense in arena at end game more than he is a help, but he is superb on offense. You will get a lot of use out of Dooku. Hard mode farm him for your daily achievements every day until you hit level 69 and can Cantina farm him.

    Saw somebody else mentions Kylo Ren, he is a highly underrated character. Has a lot of potential in the right setups. Since you already have GS however, I would focus on him from Cantina.

    Hope that helps, and good luck!
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • There is some monumentally bad misinformation being distributed in here (not all posts, but most) so I will just ignore the previous replies and focus on the OP.
    A summary of all the toons you mentioned, I feel, is the best way for me to help. As such:

    Luminara - someone here said she was mediocre (or something to that effect). Absolute absurdity. Lumi has the most powerful heal in the game, her evasion leader is broken as hell, she hits hard and has 100% ability block (barring tenacity). She will replace Talia as your big heal toon. You will probably find she is a staple for a long time.

    JC - What he lacks in capabilities in Arena, he more than makes up for in GW and PvE. With his heal fully upgraded and his basic at skill level 3, he can potentially heal every other turn. He will be your main healer in GW. If you have no trouble with GW you could prioritise building others, but I guarantee he is useful.

    Jawa - Can be used as a high damage attacker for single target or AoE builds. Honestly, there are better options. His basic is decent, but there are far more high powered single target DPS (your GS for example). His AoE is good particulaly with offense up, but there are better AoE damage toons also. Sidious is one of them. Replace him with Sid when you are ready.

    Talia - Mostly used in a full Nightsisters team. Her heal is excellent however, so she makes a good backup heal for GW, and is very helpful in dark side missions (at least until you get Daka). I would suggest prioritising others as she will likely not be a part of your main crew in any game mode once you get Daka. I would still build her slightly for her usefulness as a backup healer.

    GS - Probably the best single target DPS toon in the game. If someone tells you to replace him, you can safely assume they have no clue when it comes to anything SWGOH. Build him. Focus on him. You will never regret it.

    Chewie - can be useful in GW and PvE, is generally outclassed by other tanks. More of a nuisance than a threat. I would bench him as he is also difficult to gear up.

    IG-86 - Extreme single target DPS. That's really all he can do. He does do it very well however. With Poggle he is capable of doing 13k crits on his special and calling and ally to assist. Very few toons can survive such a hit. Whether or not you build him depends on your long term goals. If you want to run a droid team, prioritise him. If not, he can be a slow side project to give you more options later on. There are better single target DPS toons for general use, like GS or QGJ as examples.

    Dooku - Excellent toon. Everybody should build Dooku. He is useful in all game modes. His stun is fantastic is GW (in fact he can carry you the entire way through it with his speed and stun removing the main threat each battle) and he all but guarantees a victory against jedi based teams in arena and PvE. He is often a liability on defense in arena at end game more than he is a help, but he is superb on offense. You will get a lot of use out of Dooku. Hard mode farm him for your daily achievements every day until you hit level 69 and can Cantina farm him.

    Saw somebody else mentions Kylo Ren, he is a highly underrated character. Has a lot of potential in the right setups. Since you already have GS however, I would focus on him from Cantina.

    Hope that helps, and good luck!

    I feel like this could be its own sticky. Much appreciated wall of information.

    I'm feeling pretty good about my choices now, I've for the most part been following things as you describe here. I'm glad IG 86 and (especially) GS are as good as you say, because I basically went on hearsay from another thread.
    Yeah GS is totally a beast, he crit for 1.4k already and that's more than some level 48 Sidious' I call for ally.

    So in your opinion is it better to replace Chewie with another tank, dps or healer?
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    At end game, and especially in GW, Luminara is hands down the best healer. She hits hard, has a great leader skill and her heal works for a couple of turns.

    JC will last into the end game as is always a good asset in GW due to ease of starring and gearing. You'll want all the heals you can get during higher GW battles.

    Dooku, while being hard to star up, provides a ton of utility. And after level 69 you can farm him in cantina battles.

    Talia is strong in NS teams, but fairly worthless otherwise. She is a liability in arena on defense and she is just outmatched by a ton of heroes. Jawa is in the same boat, he hits hard and will always have a place when fighting droids but mediocre otherwise.

    IG-86 is great in droid teams and good in almost any other team. Plus you'll get free shards this month for him and he very easy to star up. GS is similar.

    Chewie is ok as a tank but at high levels I just use him for my suicide teams. He is super slow and his taunt only lasts one turn. Poe and Han are both much better at higher levels.

    The key in this game is to balance what you need now with what you will need in a couple weeks and beyond. Focus on your team and choose a focus to farm from each source. The game changes a lot as you approach 70 so enjoy it.

    I got lucky with a level up and was able to farm Thalia and Dooku tonight. But yeah looking over your post it seems she's not that great end game and that's where I'm headed.

    I'll still raise her occasionally when I have free energy, because I need to finish the dark side missions. But end game will take priority.

    I got 3 Dooku shards tonight so I was somewhat lucky. It'll probably take me another 16-18 days to finish Dooku depending on my RNG.
    So it is quite a farm, but hey, I gotta spend that energy somewhere :)

    Thanks for the informative post.

    But when you reach level 69 you can farm Dooku very fast from Cantuna SIMs. So I am not so sure that forfeiting all the gear leveling to slowly shard Dooku is the best plan.

    Talia is very niche and your current plan is very good. But beware about Dooku as you'll be blowing 80 energy per day or more while (end game) you'll have him anyway from Cantina.
  • But when you reach level 69 you can farm Dooku very fast from Cantuna SIMs. So I am not so sure that forfeiting all the gear leveling to slowly shard Dooku is the best plan.

    Talia is very niche and your current plan is very good. But beware about Dooku as you'll be blowing 80 energy per day or more while (end game) you'll have him anyway from Cantina.
    Ahh, of course, it's still the question of gear vs shards, I forgot about that for a moment.

    Atm all my main characters require gear from areas I haven't unlocked yet, so that's most likely why I've been able to spend so much energy elsewhere.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • There is some monumentally bad misinformation being distributed in here (not all posts, but most) so I will just ignore the previous replies and focus on the OP.
    A summary of all the toons you mentioned, I feel, is the best way for me to help. As such:

    Luminara - someone here said she was mediocre (or something to that effect). Absolute absurdity. Lumi has the most powerful heal in the game, her evasion leader is broken as hell, she hits hard and has 100% ability block (barring tenacity). She will replace Talia as your big heal toon. You will probably find she is a staple for a long time.

    JC - What he lacks in capabilities in Arena, he more than makes up for in GW and PvE. With his heal fully upgraded and his basic at skill level 3, he can potentially heal every other turn. He will be your main healer in GW. If you have no trouble with GW you could prioritise building others, but I guarantee he is useful.

    Jawa - Can be used as a high damage attacker for single target or AoE builds. Honestly, there are better options. His basic is decent, but there are far more high powered single target DPS (your GS for example). His AoE is good particulaly with offense up, but there are better AoE damage toons also. Sidious is one of them. Replace him with Sid when you are ready.

    Talia - Mostly used in a full Nightsisters team. Her heal is excellent however, so she makes a good backup heal for GW, and is very helpful in dark side missions (at least until you get Daka). I would suggest prioritising others as she will likely not be a part of your main crew in any game mode once you get Daka. I would still build her slightly for her usefulness as a backup healer.

    GS - Probably the best single target DPS toon in the game. If someone tells you to replace him, you can safely assume they have no clue when it comes to anything SWGOH. Build him. Focus on him. You will never regret it.

    Chewie - can be useful in GW and PvE, is generally outclassed by other tanks. More of a nuisance than a threat. I would bench him as he is also difficult to gear up.

    IG-86 - Extreme single target DPS. That's really all he can do. He does do it very well however. With Poggle he is capable of doing 13k crits on his special and calling and ally to assist. Very few toons can survive such a hit. Whether or not you build him depends on your long term goals. If you want to run a droid team, prioritise him. If not, he can be a slow side project to give you more options later on. There are better single target DPS toons for general use, like GS or QGJ as examples.

    Dooku - Excellent toon. Everybody should build Dooku. He is useful in all game modes. His stun is fantastic is GW (in fact he can carry you the entire way through it with his speed and stun removing the main threat each battle) and he all but guarantees a victory against jedi based teams in arena and PvE. He is often a liability on defense in arena at end game more than he is a help, but he is superb on offense. You will get a lot of use out of Dooku. Hard mode farm him for your daily achievements every day until you hit level 69 and can Cantina farm him.

    Saw somebody else mentions Kylo Ren, he is a highly underrated character. Has a lot of potential in the right setups. Since you already have GS however, I would focus on him from Cantina.

    Hope that helps, and good luck!

    I feel like this could be its own sticky. Much appreciated wall of information.

    I'm feeling pretty good about my choices now, I've for the most part been following things as you describe here. I'm glad IG 86 and (especially) GS are as good as you say, because I basically went on hearsay from another thread.
    Yeah GS is totally a beast, he crit for 1.4k already and that's more than some level 48 Sidious' I call for ally.

    So in your opinion is it better to replace Chewie with another tank, dps or healer?

    Regarding Dooku, I would absolutely continue farming him from hard mode until level 69 - you need to do hard mode nodes every day for your daily achievements anyway.
    GS is truly exceptional, you will still be using him at end game.
    As for replacing Chewy, try not to think about squad composition in terms of attacker/support/healer/tank. The game lays it out like that but it means absolutely nothing. Use what fits your squad best. In GW, healers reign supreme. 3 healers will see you sail through most GW fights. In Arena, healers are not very useful and [fast] high damage toons are dominant. Of the characters mentioned (I'm sure you have/will have others) Lumi, GS, Dooku, Sid, IG-86 are probably your best options for arena. You can run Lumi or Sid as leader, though I would lean towards Sid. You will see some big numbers coming from 86, GS and Lumi with Sid as leader. I. GW I would use Lumi as leader with JC, Talia, Sid and GS. Replace Talia with Daka when you get her. For harder fights sub out 86 for Dooku and use the retreat function (and change targets at the beginning) for each match until Dooku stuns at least one character.
  • There is some monumentally bad misinformation being distributed in here (not all posts, but most) so I will just ignore the previous replies and focus on the OP.
    A summary of all the toons you mentioned, I feel, is the best way for me to help. As such:

    Luminara - someone here said she was mediocre (or something to that effect). Absolute absurdity. Lumi has the most powerful heal in the game, her evasion leader is broken as hell, she hits hard and has 100% ability block (barring tenacity). She will replace Talia as your big heal toon. You will probably find she is a staple for a long time.

    JC - What he lacks in capabilities in Arena, he more than makes up for in GW and PvE. With his heal fully upgraded and his basic at skill level 3, he can potentially heal every other turn. He will be your main healer in GW. If you have no trouble with GW you could prioritise building others, but I guarantee he is useful.

    Jawa - Can be used as a high damage attacker for single target or AoE builds. Honestly, there are better options. His basic is decent, but there are far more high powered single target DPS (your GS for example). His AoE is good particulaly with offense up, but there are better AoE damage toons also. Sidious is one of them. Replace him with Sid when you are ready.

    Talia - Mostly used in a full Nightsisters team. Her heal is excellent however, so she makes a good backup heal for GW, and is very helpful in dark side missions (at least until you get Daka). I would suggest prioritising others as she will likely not be a part of your main crew in any game mode once you get Daka. I would still build her slightly for her usefulness as a backup healer.

    GS - Probably the best single target DPS toon in the game. If someone tells you to replace him, you can safely assume they have no clue when it comes to anything SWGOH. Build him. Focus on him. You will never regret it.

    Chewie - can be useful in GW and PvE, is generally outclassed by other tanks. More of a nuisance than a threat. I would bench him as he is also difficult to gear up.

    IG-86 - Extreme single target DPS. That's really all he can do. He does do it very well however. With Poggle he is capable of doing 13k crits on his special and calling and ally to assist. Very few toons can survive such a hit. Whether or not you build him depends on your long term goals. If you want to run a droid team, prioritise him. If not, he can be a slow side project to give you more options later on. There are better single target DPS toons for general use, like GS or QGJ as examples.

    Dooku - Excellent toon. Everybody should build Dooku. He is useful in all game modes. His stun is fantastic is GW (in fact he can carry you the entire way through it with his speed and stun removing the main threat each battle) and he all but guarantees a victory against jedi based teams in arena and PvE. He is often a liability on defense in arena at end game more than he is a help, but he is superb on offense. You will get a lot of use out of Dooku. Hard mode farm him for your daily achievements every day until you hit level 69 and can Cantina farm him.

    Saw somebody else mentions Kylo Ren, he is a highly underrated character. Has a lot of potential in the right setups. Since you already have GS however, I would focus on him from Cantina.

    Hope that helps, and good luck!

    This.

    The toons who are mainstays in both my arena and GW lines are Sid, Lumi, and GS, with honorable mentions to Daka and Phasma. DO NOT invest in Talia beyond what is necessary. DO invest in JC because he is very useful in GW, almost like a lower powered Lumi. You'll want 3 healers for GW, some combination of Lumi, JC, Daka, and Barriss. You'll want 1-2 DPS toons for arena, the easiest to farm and most powerful being GS (lvl 8 special has no cool down). The two most predominant successful builds I usually see in arena are Phasma led multi attack lines (dooku, FOTP, QGJ, etc) and crit based lines with Sid leading. Droid builds may end up being very very strong depending on if there is or is not a change to Poe. Without Poe a strong taunter droid builds aren't very threatening.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I wouldnt listen to anyone trying to claim Talia to be any good, I made the mistake of farming for her and shes terrible.

    Regardless of if you need a healer or not, Dooku is your better farming choice in the long run.
  • There is some monumentally bad misinformation being distributed in here (not all posts, but most) so I will just ignore the previous replies and focus on the OP.
    A summary of all the toons you mentioned, I feel, is the best way for me to help. As such:

    Luminara - someone here said she was mediocre (or something to that effect). Absolute absurdity. Lumi has the most powerful heal in the game, her evasion leader is broken, she hits hard and has 100% ability block (barring tenacity). She will replace Talia as your big heal toon. You will probably find she is a staple for a long time.

    JC - What he lacks in capabilities in Arena, he more than makes up for in GW and PvE. With his heal fully upgraded and his basic at skill level 3, he can potentially heal every other turn. He will be your main healer in GW. If you have no trouble with GW you could prioritise building others, but I guarantee he is useful.

    Jawa - Can be used as a high damage attacker for single target or AoE builds. Honestly, there are better options. His basic is decent, but there are far more high powered single target DPS (your GS for example). His AoE is good particulaly with offense up, but there are better AoE damage toons also. Sidious is one of them. Replace him with Sid when you are ready.

    Talia - Mostly used in a full Nightsisters team. Her heal is excellent however, so she makes a good backup heal for GW, and is very helpful in dark side missions (at least until you get Daka). I would suggest prioritising others as she will likely not be a part of your main crew in any game mode once you get Daka. I would still build her slightly for her usefulness as a backup healer.

    GS - Probably the best single target DPS toon in the game. If someone tells you to replace him, you can safely assume they have no clue when it comes to anything SWGOH. Build him. Focus on him. You will never regret it.

    Chewie - can be useful in GW and PvE, is generally outclassed by other tanks. More of a nuisance than a threat. I would bench him as he is also difficult to gear up.

    IG-86 - Extreme single target DPS. That's really all he can do. He does do it very well however. With Poggle he is capable of doing 13k crits on his special and calling and ally to assist. Very few toons can survive such a hit. Whether or not you build him depends on your long term goals. If you want to run a droid team, prioritise him. If not, he can be a slow side project to give you more options later on. There are better single target DPS toons for general use, like GS or QGJ as examples.

    Dooku - Excellent toon. Everybody should build Dooku. He is useful in all game modes. His stun is fantastic is GW (in fact he can carry you the entire way through it with his speed and stun removing the main threat each battle) and he all but guarantees a victory against jedi based teams in arena and PvE. He is often a liability on defense in arena at end game more than he is a help, but he is superb on offense. You will get a lot of use out of Dooku. Hard mode farm him for your daily achievements every day until you hit level 69 and can Cantina farm him.

    Saw somebody else mentions Kylo Ren, he is a highly underrated character. Has a lot of potential in the right setups. Since you already have GS however, I would focus on him from Cantina.

    Hope that helps, and good luck!

    This. All of this.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
Sign In or Register to comment.