I don't understand speed

Prev1
So I went to attack the number one spot on my server. Check speeds, his boba is 182, mine is 186 both with Lando leads maxed. How come his boba goes first?????? Not only did he go first but all of his guys attack first, now his sth had 169 so my boba should have at LEAST gone before him, I'm so confused. Am I missing something??

Replies

• All of his toons went before any of yours?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Can you post an image of your boba's speed. Sometimes people miss read the way mod stats are added. (Sorry just have to check)

It sounds like you are missing something.
  • Yeah what are the rest of the squads? I feel like we are missing something.
  • Sorry if this is an obvious question, but when you look at your Boba speed, does it say this: 186 (39), or does it say 166 (20)? The first number is your actual speed, the number in parentheses is the portion of that speed that has been supplied by mods.

Who else was on the opposing squad? Sounds like somebody was stealing your turn meter. Somebody like Poe.
  • Grpeephole303
    1076 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    What was his leader?

Dont mind me i cant read
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    wild guess:
    enemy also had wiggs, st han was called to assist on biggs triple assist.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • 200.gif
  • leef wrote: »
    wild guess:

Lmao, I was thinking the exact same thing. Stop reading my mind @leef.
  • Mullato wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    wild guess:

Lmao, I was thinking the exact same thing. Stop reading my mind @leef.

I mean that was the answer to 99% of the "Why did this STH go before my STH?" threads two months ago.
  • Well so I'm reading just the left number of speed not looking at the mods number at all.
    His boba is 182, Biggs is 173, sth is 169. We both have maxed Lando leader. And my boba is 186. It happened in 2 fights his boba went first both times. Is there ever an error with the speeds like it doesn't show right or something? Maybe it actuality is higher than mine and not showing right?
  • Stuey wrote: »
    Well so I'm reading just the left number of speed not looking at the mods number at all.
    His boba is 182, Biggs is 173, sth is 169. We both have maxed Lando leader. And my boba is 186. It happened in 2 fights his boba went first both times. Is there ever an error with the speeds like it doesn't show right or something? Maybe it actuality is higher than mine and not showing right?

Did Boba go before EVERYONE or just before your Boba?
  • His boba was the first to go, in the first match is Biggs went second then han, then wiggs, then Lando, then my boba, second game I think only his boba went first then my boba, so I'm totally confused
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Stuey wrote: »
    His boba was the first to go, in the first match is Biggs went second then han, then wiggs, then Lando, then my boba, second game I think only his boba went first then my boba, so I'm totally confused

Who was his leader and who was yours? Lando lead gives boba +15 (all scoundrels and rebels).

Nevermind, you both had lando. Dunno. Battle some else in arena then. lol
  • Stuey wrote: »
    His boba was the first to go, in the first match is Biggs went second then han, then wiggs, then Lando, then my boba, second game I think only his boba went first then my boba, so I'm totally confused

Shouldn't Biggs go first with 173 speed + 15 (leader) + 45 (Wedge unique) so it'd be 233 effective speed. Whereas your Boba would only be 201 and his would be 197? Or did you already count the unique? But either way those speeds don't add up if yours is 4 speed higher than his and no one else is going first then your boba should go before his. I'd
    1) Double check that you have actually 186 speed on Boba and you didn't move around any mods recently
    2) Double check his speed and gear
    3) Post some screenshots of both teams and their speeds + ability levels so we can see more :)
  • there is definitely something dodgy with speed, 99% of the time works fine but every so often something is glitching.
    this is something ive experienced a few times (hardly any in context) and this is from a post i made about it a fair while ago now

in an arena fight despite my QGJ having highest speed and my aayla having second highest speed followed by enemy QGJ at third and enemy rey at 4th, enemy rey went first enemy qgj went second then my qgj then my aayla.
    in this instance not only did the fastest toons not go first, but the enemy rey wasnt even the fastest on their team?
    even if for some reason my leader bonus wasnt working my qgj was still the fastest even without it
    enemy qgj speed 175
    enemy rey speed 171
    my qgj speed 181 (+25L = 206)
    my aayla speed 151 (+25L =176)
    enemy team leader = phasma (no speed bonus) (full enemy team phasma (L), qgj, rey, royal guard, lumi
    my team leader = qui gon jin (+25 speed)
    (i have no idea what the phasma rework is/does but this was before it, and please note no one else had a turn, rey went first, not first after phasma speed down or anything BUT VERY FIRST TURN IN THE MATCH)

ive given up about it as it is very rare, the devs/whoever in bugs has not acknowledged even in the slightest (including to even say nah you wrong) and pretty much everyone when i posted just said nah you wrong
  • Vertigo wrote: »

Shouldn't Biggs go first with 173 speed + 15 (leader) + 45 (Wedge unique) so it'd be 233 effective speed. Whereas your Boba would only be 201 and his would be 197? Or did you already count the unique? But either way those speeds don't add up if yours is 4 speed higher than his and no one else is going first then your boba should go before his. I'd
    1) Double check that you have actually 186 speed on Boba and you didn't move around any mods recently
    3) Post some screenshots of both teams and their speeds + ability levels so we can see more :)

This. And if Boba was the other guys lead, and was the third in on the opening Wiggs, he probably landed a DoT....which would give him a +15 speed boost for a debuffed opponent.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Focus on one battle at a time. If his boba is going first then we are really missing something.

There are no bugs or anything like what you say earlier. It's just that not all the facts are here.

Are you sure of the speeds?
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »

This. And if Boba was the other guys lead, and was the third in on the opening Wiggs, he probably landed a DoT....which would give him a +15 speed boost for a debuffed opponent.

He said both were maxed out Lando leads, I had considered the idea of Boba getting an extra speed boost from debuffs landing, but realized my mistake and took that part out.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »

He said both were maxed out Lando leads, I had considered the idea of Boba getting an extra speed boost from debuffs landing, but realized my mistake and took that part out.

Yeah, I saw that. Based on the facts as presented, you are, of course correct.

I am presuming that there was a mistake (as Biggs would have gone first overall, not Boba). That was the only scenario that I thought explained why the other Boba went first.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    I've seen these threads a million times now and honestly all I can say is that I've never seen a toon go before he was supposed to. Someone's always forgetting to take something into account.
  • Zooey wrote: »
    I've seen these threads a million times now and honestly all I can say is that I've never seen a toon go before he was supposed to. Someone's always forgetting to take something into account.

Same, we're just trying to figure out what's been left out/miscalculated here.
  • Before everyone
  • Zooey wrote: »
    I get weird results with my droids. Jawa Engineer always goes first, as expected, and then IG-88 should go next after the TM boost. But sometimes IG-86 goes ahead of 88 for no reason I can figure out.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Zooey wrote: »
    I get weird results with my droids. Jawa Engineer always goes first, as expected, and then IG-88 should go next after the TM boost. But sometimes IG-86 goes ahead of 88 for no reason I can figure out.

Droids will sometimes end up in ties after the je tm boost. In the case of a tie, rng determines who goes next. Would be nice if top speed did.
  • Interesting. That's probably it. I don't know 86's speed off the top of my head, but I know he doesn't have a speed mod, while 88 does. I'll have to check it out.

Thanks!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I swear I had this problem when my boba was 180-200 speed. Enemy boba's would sometimes go before me to start the match when mine was clearly faster. I couldn't figure it out. He's up in the 240's now and haven't experienced the problem since.
  • Answer should be that sth reduce your tm each time
  • I think speed works on a 0-1000 scale and ties are resolved randomly. So if both bobas are over 200 they reach 1000 at the same time and who goes first is random
  • LorneMalvo wrote: »
    I think speed works on a 0-1000 scale and ties are resolved randomly. So if both bobas are over 200 they reach 1000 at the same time and who goes first is random

That is no longer true.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Huatimus wrote: »
    LorneMalvo wrote: »
    I think speed works on a 0-1000 scale and ties are resolved randomly. So if both bobas are over 200 they reach 1000 at the same time and who goes first is random

That is no longer true.

Yea speed hasn't worked like that in a year