Help planning for the future!

Hey guys, first I want to say we have an awesome community here, thanks everyone for making it such a great place to chat and ask questions.

So I'm level 77 and FTP. I have the common FTP arena team of Lando, sth, boba, and wiggs. I have no problems getting top 3 each day but really right now my arena seems full of other FTP players so we all have the same combo. I have a feeling though soon we might get some chirrut and base combos coming.

My question is where do I focus now??? Since I have a pretty good rebel team I'm hoping to get ep this next time... We'll see :-P but should I start going for a sith team? Or empire? I don't really have access to base chirrut unless I spend crystals on em from the shop? But that seems like a super long grind. Do I just get a b2 Incase those combos pop up? Would that be enough?

Sorry a lot of questions, but I just don't know what to expect, and it seems in this game if I don't plan for the future, I'll be behind for months! Thanks anyone that has some suggestions :-)
Here's my profile if someone wants to peek

Replies

• You should probably focus on nightsisters. You're late to the empire/sith party. By the time you get your nightsisters geared up and 7*'d they will probably be getting their rework, and you will be ahead of the game and rule your shard when that meta hits.

You can also go with jawas or ewoks for the same reason
  • Now that's what I call hope! :-) Lol but it could be true!
  • Don't listen to Mike1980. He's either joking or clueless.

Keep progressing your wiggs combo. They are productive through every stage of the game. Especially for EP event and raids. Unfortunately you won't have a complete Rebel team without Chaze. Chaze is the only reason that Rebels are still on the leaderboard.

You're only 77 with toons around g8-9. I know right now it seems that it took forever to get them to that gear level. The truth is.. the real grind is g10+. That being said, I would start to transition into the dark side. It's quickly starting to take over the meta. The dark side is actually beneficial for FTP. It offers great toons such as Maul, Vader, EP, TFP, Sun fac, Dooku, Sid, and the three new Sith.

Ideal FTP team: Zaul, EP, Vader/TFP, SunFac/Shore, Boba.

I hope this helps.
  • Don't listen to Mike1980. He's either joking or clueless.

Keep progressing your wiggs combo. They are productive through every stage of the game. Especially for EP event and raids. Unfortunately you won't have a complete Rebel team without Chaze. Chaze is the only reason that Rebels are still on the leaderboard.

You're only 77 with toons around g8-9. I know right now it seems that it took forever to get them to that gear level. The truth is.. the real grind is g10+. That being said, I would start to transition into the dark side. It's quickly starting to take over the meta. The dark side is actually beneficial for FTP. It offers great toons such as Maul, Vader, EP, TFP, Sun fac, Dooku, Sid, and the three new Sith.

I hope this helps.

Yeah I'm pretty clueless huh. They already reworked resistance, first order, sith, empire, etc. but in no way will they ever buff and rework the other factions as well, because that wouldn't make any sense. But you are probably right, now that all of the important factions already got reworked they will probably just kill the game and shut the servers down
  • Mike1980 wrote: »
    Don't listen to Mike1980. He's either joking or clueless.

I hope this helps.

Yeah I'm pretty clueless huh. They already reworked resistance, first order, sith, empire, etc. but in no way will they ever buff and rework the other factions as well, because that wouldn't make any sense. But you are probably right, now that all of the important factions already got reworked they will probably just kill the game and shut the servers down

I was hoping that you were joking. It turns out that you are clueless.

You're recommending a FTP to go on a snipe hunt and correctly guess the next "upcoming" meta by farming ewoks, nightsisters, and jawas.

I'm sure they will get a respectable rework in several months. A rework that will make them viable. Definitely not meta. Just like what they did to First Order and Resistance.

If you can't see past that, you are either clueless or on a November 16' shard.
  • Thanks for the advise, zaul does sound pretty fun :-) any other opinions?
  • As a fellow F2P, I'm going to recommend you focus on characters that are "plug and play" and are useful in a variety of areas and team comps. A big thing is continuing to gear the characters you have. Better to work on higher gear than getting more people to g8. If you can hold first without any g10 characters, then you have some time before your arena is going to be overrun with squads you can't regularly beat with rebels. So I would continue to work on your rebels -- they are solid in many phases of the game, and continue to gear up Boba -- he's plug and play. I would farm Rex out of the guild store. He's been solid since the beginning of the game, is a relatively easy gear, and is very helpful in this shift to dark side. He's about as plug and play as you get. You should be able to get Palpatine to 7* with your squad, and he's another plug and play character, and also isn't bad to gear, so I'd work on him when you unlock him. B2 is a solid farm from cantina as well.

Chasing the flavor of the month isn't a good idea. You can never keep up with the P2P on that, and you never know how long a meta will last. Build up a solid core of people who are versatile, and then you are better equipped to deal with what comes up.
  • Thanks @Indominable_J I appreciate the advice