How is a better leader Chewbacca or Lumi

Hi Guys,

Can you tell me who is a better Leader between both of them. I have a 4* Chewbacca and going to upgrade Lumi to 4*. I have seen lot of players using either of them.

So if you can suggest me.

Thanks.

Replies

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Hey Lego Anakin!

I think Chewie is the better leader early on. Later, you will probably not use Chewie very much though.

So I would use Luminara right away. You will keep her forever.
  • Well currently I use Phasma as leader, but between those 2 I would use Luminara for her leader healing ability. However, there are situations where I have used Chewbacca's leader ability. On a regular basis I feel Luminara's is more useful on a consistent basis.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    What does Chewie leadership does, exactly?
  • Triqui wrote: »

Chewie adds more defense points to team members.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    jedii_2040 wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »

Chewie adds more defense points to team members.

I know. What does it means? I don't see my chars get signifucatively less damage. Do you? I'm not sure how much is worth +30 defense
  • If you change to Lumi, your whole team gets an evasion bonus, plus at the start of each players turn, they get added health. The % of evasion and health bonuses are determined my leader level. Of the two, Lumi is the far superior leader. I haven't even used Chewie in Ages.
  • Between those two? Lumi, hands down. :)
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • I too, would like to know how much 20 or 30 defense affects damage.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Q
  • May I ask your curent level, Lego Anakin? :p

Earlier on sure, Chewie is a good leader..
    But after a while he drops in usability and not that good compared to other leaders.

Between the two, Lumi is far better. Especially on GW, her mini heal in the first few round is crucial!

For high damage burst, Sid!

For good synergy, Phasma all the waaay!! Usually in an arena fight, her leader skill proc at least 2 times for me. Most of the time, that is more than enough :)

Of course if you are high on rank you would see more variance of leader, HK47, Poggle, QGJ, Barris, etc.

I sometimes try Anakin as a leader to see how good tenacity is..

At least thats what I think, reading through others experience and playing through the game myself.

You can/should try out other leaders and toons with good synergy yourself! (Except Poe, apparently :( )
  • Poe seems like a must especially for FTP players in the current state
  • Chewie leadership skill boosting Defense does not scale well

Lumi health restore and dodge scales better
  • Raven wrote: »
    Poe seems like a must especially for FTP players in the current state

Pretty mandatory unless you struck bronzium lottery early like those ppl who got barris and lumi from bronzium
  • Lumi really only makes sense if you have a mostly Jedi team. Chewie is useful early on but less on higher levels. I'd start thinking of another leader to farm.
  • Thanks guys for all the input. I will choose Lumi for sure. :)
  • Thanks guys for all the input. I will choose Lumi for sure. :)
  • Raven wrote: »
    May I ask your curent level, Lego Anakin? :p

But after a while he drops in usability and not that good compared to other leaders.

Between the two, Lumi is far better. Especially on GW, her mini heal in the first few round is crucial!

For good synergy, Phasma all the waaay!! Usually in an arena fight, her leader skill proc at least 2 times for me. Most of the time, that is more than enough :)

Of course if you are high on rank you would see more variance of leader, HK47, Poggle, QGJ, Barris, etc.

At least thats what I think, reading through others experience and playing through the game myself.

You can/should try out other leaders and toons with good synergy yourself! (Except Poe, apparently :( )
    Raven wrote: »
    May I ask your curent level, Lego Anakin? :p

Thanks Raven for the detailed information. I am at lvl 47, and both player are at gear 5.
  • jedii_2040 wrote: »

Thanks Raven for the detailed information. I am at lvl 47, and both player are at gear 5.

Most welcome.. I got most of the info from other players as well :)

Just realized my mistake, tenacity leader is actually Luke, not his father Anakin lol..

GLHF!