Question about the new way we get toons

I am wondering if all the new guys go to one node in 3 months basically doesn't that mean it takes a year to 7 star them? If that is the case is free to play going to continue to be viable? I am kinda confused about it.

Replies

• I can't remember whether the release cadence was going to be used exclusively or not, but I imagine now we're on to sort of a new generation of toons again (Rogue One, Shoretrooper, Krennic, DT, Sith Trooper, Sith Assasin, DN etc.) one of the shops (GW/Arena etc) may get some of the generic toons. Someone counted the unused nodes and there were 20 in total, the above is 11, and with more surely to come I think some are most probably going to end up in shops
  • Seltgar wrote: »
    I am wondering if all the new guys go to one node in 3 months basically doesn't that mean it takes a year to 7 star them? If that is the case is free to play going to continue to be viable? I am kinda confused about it.

Nope free to play is not viable now. Go ahead and delete app.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Toons are viable at 3-4*. They get more useful at 7*, better in ships, raids and marginally better in arena. Not sure how f2p is not viable just because it will take longer to reach 7*.

The details have not been fully explained but they will move to decreasing costs over the course of the plan. So packs, then chromium, then main shipment.... then maybe another shipment or hard node or cantina node.

There are many options and I guess if you want to make the most pessimistic view, a hard node would be it, but that's still not a year if you really want a toon.
  • This is the most money hungry game I have ever played hands down. The game is soo fun but wow they force you to spend money to keep up.
  • This is the most money hungry game I have ever played hands down. The game is soo fun but wow they force you to spend money to keep up.

Must have never have played game of war fire age then lol
  • Ok but in the future doesn't that mean it could be impossible to keep up with the power creep for ftp.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    They didn't say they all go to one node. Some will go to nodes, some to shops (GW, cantina, etc.). So some will be easier to obtain for FTP than others.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Liath wrote: »
    They didn't say they all go to one node. Some will go to nodes, some to shops (GW, cantina, etc.). So some will be easier to obtain for FTP than others.

This ^^