Shipment Gear Pricing

As I am a F2P'er, I never really thought about how much crystals cost with actually money.

I decided to look at the current pricing as I'm considering purchasing the nihilus pack when it comes out, and I realized for $14 (Cnd) you can only get approx. 1,340 crystals...

That means gear pieces are priced at approximately $15 per gear which is ridiculous...

Any thoughts? And what do you think an appropriate price would be for gear in shipments?

Replies

• scuba
    14040 posts Member
    Free crystals buy gear just as easily as purchased crystals. Would I like to see them cheaper? Of course who wouldn't.
    If they were too cheap, gear would be the progress gate that it is.

You always have the option to not purchase.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Free crystals buy gear just as easily as purchased crystals. Would I like to see them cheaper? Of course who wouldn't.
    If they were too cheap, gear would be the progress gate that it is.

You always have the option to not purchase.

Fair point I suppose.
  • Whoever did the pricing needs to be fired lol the random numbers just thrown together are agitating to look at every day lol should all be even numbers but oh well I still buy them :)
  • A furnace is roughly $10 usd. Seems fair enough to me. Wish one would show up so I could buy it right now.
  • Compared to other games I find this one ridiculously expensive

Mobile strike for example....I threw £5 at it and the pack content was huge....and has seen me through from lvl 6 to 19 at moment and I still am only about a third of the way through what I got

Thing with this game is it has Star Wars in the title which they think....and in some cases its true....ppl will just pay for.

If they put together cheaper better value for money packs I think more ppl would spend
  • $15 for a single piece of gear, when you need multiple, is crazy high. $15 is even the cost of some DLC on full priced $60 games
  • Athusk wrote: »
    As I am a F2P'er, I never really thought about how much crystals cost with actually money.

I decided to look at the current pricing as I'm considering purchasing the nihilus pack when it comes out, and I realized for $14 (Cnd) you can only get approx. 1,340 crystals...

That means gear pieces are priced at approximately $15 per gear which is ridiculous...

Any thoughts? And what do you think an appropriate price would be for gear in shipments?

Is anyone really that surprised? Wouldn't be Disney-related if it isn't way overpriced.

giphy.gif
  • Winstar wrote: »
    Athusk wrote: »

Is anyone really that surprised? Wouldn't be Disney-related if it isn't way overpriced.

giphy.gif

Hahaha! that made my night
  • The gear is priced adequately I'd say. If the gear was cheaper, many more people would buy it up. People who buy the whole game will more likely get bored and quit playing because they have everything done. This might not be true for everyone, but I know many people in my guild from day one that were whales have quit playing because they were bored with it. The grind is what keeps the game fun. Quit worrying about being the best, it'll never happen unless you buy everything, but then you'll lose interest.