Does Nihilus have the worst zeta?

Prev1
DatBoi
3615 posts Member
Nihilus' zeta upgrade for his passive ability inflicts health down on a random enemy for two turns at the beginning of every turn.

It would be one thing if it inflicted shock, daze, permanent health down on all enemies, but it sounds like the devs accidentally made an omega upgrade a zeta upgrade

Replies

• Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    At the start of each enemy turn. Seems pretty good together with 'Drain force'. Use 'Drain force' in his second turn and it removes about 5 turns from 'Annihilate'.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    At the start of each enemy turn. Seems pretty good together with 'Drain force'. Use 'Drain force' in his second turn and it removes about 5 turns from 'Annihilate'.

But nearly every other dark side character inflicts far more effective debuffs with their AOEs and without a zeta or even an omega.

I'm not saying that its a bad ability, just that its hardly worth an omega let along a zeta
  • Options
    If Nihilus had an outstanding zeta it'd just be cherries on the icing that is on the cake that is on the ocean of donuts.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    That honor belongs to Chewie.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    I'm thinking Nihilus is more of a GW thing. Chew through the nodes, but I doubt he will be meta. We'll see.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Malthael wrote: »

Chewy dispells all buffs on himself (the bane of all sith toons), gains turn meter, and gains health. Its not worth a zeta but its better than inflicting the most ineffective debuff on a single character
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

Chewy dispells all buffs on himself (the bane of all sith toons), gains turn meter, and gains health. Its not worth a zeta but its better than inflicting the most ineffective debuff on a single character

you know that the new sith ignore protection and reduces directly health. With health down there will be characters dies with full protection.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    BattlezeD wrote: »

you know that the new sith ignore protection and reduces directly health. With health down there will be characters dies with full protection.

Health down was essentially useless even before protection was added. Also, sith trooper barely does any damage. The only one who could possibly benefit is the assassin
  • Options
    BattlezeD wrote: »

Health down was essentially useless even before protection was added. Also, sith trooper barely does any damage. The only one who could possibly benefit is the assassin

You are forgetting Savage. Health Down + Trooper + Assassin = Instant Kill with Savage

Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options

I agree with this.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Tbf if arena becomes Nihilus vs Nihilus wars, health down would be pretty **** important
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I agree with this.

Zumi?

• Options
    Nah, Chewie beats that.
  • Options
    It's a great zeta.
    50k health tank-20% =40k health.

His unique would be amazing with zader lead on raids (he inflicts DOT at start of turn :))
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Nihilus zeta with Palpataters lead would be just sick.
    Nihilus would gain 20% health on ENEMY TURNS. 32,000 (base) HP under Palps, healing 6,000 on every enemy turn.
    Sign me up.
    Nevermind, health gain is only on the Sith's turn.
  • Options

Nihilus would gain 20% health on ENEMY TURNS. 32,000 (base) HP under Palps, healing 6,000 on every enemy turn.
    Sign me up.

Unfortunately sith only heal during their turn with an ep lead
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »

Sign me up.

Yeah, I thought Trooper was bugged, though I've seen Dooku heal on counters In the past, that's the bug.

I like it, effective damage boost can be useful, and more debuffs
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »

Sign me up.

awww son of a... LOL, way to deflate my broner. I totally overlooked that, thanks for the correction.
  • Options
    Chewbacca has the worst Zeta. Not worth 20, for sure.
  • Options
    a "Self cleanse" zeta is embarassing. Rex cleanses and buffs as a special ability.
    But seriously, even if his Zeta self cleansed AND gave him something like Old Ben's "If you Strike Me Down" buffs, Chewy would still be sorely lackluster.
  • Options
    a "Self cleanse" zeta is embarassing. Rex cleanses and buffs as a special ability.
    But seriously, even if his Zeta self cleansed AND gave him something like Old Ben's "If you Strike Me Down" buffs, Chewy would still be sorely lackluster.

It would literally have to give him every buff in the game, and cleanse everything, and he can use it while stunned/ability blocked. Still not worth it. :/
    Maybe if it gave him 2 revives every time he uses it and the revives can't be prevented?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Luminara or chewie are fighting for the podium here. I had to laugh when I saw Lumi's... who on earth would ever waste a zeta for a few heal over time dots?

Her zeta lead is probably still not a top 5 Jedi leadership ability.
  • Options
    K2 zeta is much better ;)
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »
    I'm thinking Nihilus is more of a GW thing. Chew through the nodes, but I doubt he will be meta. We'll see.

I'm wondering if you bring the cooldown down for Annihilate if it carries onto the next node since it says the ability starts on cooldown... ie. I'm not sure you can have it active then use it as your first move on Node 12.
  • Options
    Nerf K2 zeta....to much OP
  • Options

I'm wondering if you bring the cooldown down for Annihilate if it carries onto the next node since it says the ability starts on cooldown... ie. I'm not sure you can have it active then use it as your first move on Node 12.

Devs said it resets.
  • Options
    Don't worry, you don't have to zeta it but everyone else will and you will play catch up
  • Options

Devs said it resets.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Nihilus' zeta upgrade for his passive ability inflicts health down on a random enemy for two turns at the beginning of every turn.

It would be one thing if it inflicted shock, daze, permanent health down on all enemies, but it sounds like the devs accidentally made an omega upgrade a zeta upgrade
    Initial zetas (and ships) were meant to take good characters that had been left behind by the meta and make them relevant. They were characters who weren't bad enough that they needed a full rework a la Boba Fett, but weren't up to snuff either. So they were more dramatic to close that power gap.

Nihilus was designed from the ground up with the new power level in mond, so his zetas don't have to be dramatic.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Initial zetas (and ships) were meant to take good characters that had been left behind by the meta and make them relevant. They were characters who weren't bad enough that they needed a full rework a la Boba Fett, but weren't up to snuff either. So they were more dramatic to close that power gap.

Nihilus was designed from the ground up with the new power level in mond, so his zetas don't have to be dramatic.

I almost agree with this, except for Vader lol, he was already finding his way firmly into the meta and he was one of the first batch of zeta's which solidly cemented him into the very top of the meta, almost every other Zeta at that point just made the toon "relevant" whereas vader's made him a #1 pick (except for bariss when she was still bugged). Even after the recent "fix" to vader's Zeta he is still a very good contender for the #1 Zeta slot