Dooku potency buff?

Someone else commented on this saying it's coming soon - anyone have a link to the info? where is this from?

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    Someone else commented on this saying it's coming soon - anyone have a link to the info? where is this from?

It would be nice and make him a little more useable at endgame because uless u fire at jedi, unreliable does not begin to describe how un-trusting i am of his stun lol
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @Abyss , @DiscoSlice

There is no potency buff coming his way that I know of. Dooku does gain 50% poetency at gear level 8 which puts him at 170% potency. I think this may but what you're referring to. Hope this helps. GL

Edit** TY Reizse for the correction. It s 170 + 50 for 220% potency
    Post edited by Llewella on
  • The character with the highest potency in the game needs a potency buff? Man, these forums...
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    he has 220% potency. what's unreliable is the chance to initiate the stun. two different things
    mighty chlorians
  • ok I saw something about it in another thread, guess i'm wrong!
  • Oh yes, I was so worried that Grampa Dooku was vastly underpowered when he wipes out one or two of my squad before I can get a shot off. So glad he's getting a buff!
  • I recently got him seems very hard to farm but I'm about to unlock his second node.

At low Lvl he seems so squishy and doesn't hit hard.

When does he curve up? What lvl / gear / star!
  • Dooku is the most OP toon in the game.

It's a love/hate relationship with him and I. I have him but he's too low star/gear to be used (and likely won't be because I can't bear the time it takes to get even one character up to par).
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    THIS SHOULD BE OP!!:

tumblr_m8vqjqnXBk1rv5zh8o1_400.gif#Yoda%20vs%20Count%20Dooku%20gif%20400x240
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Dooku is not OP unless your stupid enough to run a mostly jedi team after patch 66. Dooku is in desperate need for an end game buff. Based on the movie/show dooku should be somewhat OP and right now hes not
  • Pindasauskanon
    1803 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Dooku is not OP unless your stupid enough to run a mostly jedi team after patch 66. Dooku is in desperate need for an end game buff. Based on the movie/show dooku should be somewhat OP and right now hes not

Did you already see a lot of 7* dookus? I think we should wait the buff-nerf calling and see what he's like at 7*. A guy in my bracket runs a high star dooku and I always have trouble with his squad. When he hits his double stun 1st turn its instant gg. The counter is still annoying and his basic hits around 2k. With a phasma lead and his turn meter gain every attack I think he's still doing pretty good.

Oh I have to say I run an AOE comp so dooku is a hard counter for me :p But still he seems pretty good.
  • Dooku is not OP unless your stupid enough to run a mostly jedi team after patch 66. Dooku is in desperate need for an end game buff. Based on the movie/show dooku should be somewhat OP and right now hes not

Did you already see a lot of 7* dookus? I think we should wait the buff-nerf calling and see what he's like at 7*. A guy in my bracket runs a high star dooku and I always have trouble with his squad. When he hits his double stun 1st turn its instant gg. The counter is still annoying and his basic hits around 2k. With a phasma lead and his turn meter gain every attack I think he's still doing pretty good.

Oh I have to say I run an AOE comp so dooku is a hard counter for me :p But still he seems pretty good.

What level and gear level is your squad? Because in end game Dooku gets one shot by a hand full of toons.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Pindasauskanon
    1803 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Fabzorz wrote: »
    Dooku is not OP unless your stupid enough to run a mostly jedi team after patch 66. Dooku is in desperate need for an end game buff. Based on the movie/show dooku should be somewhat OP and right now hes not

What level and gear level is your squad? Because in end game Dooku gets one shot by a hand full of toons.

Level 68 all max gear and level, I run Sid 7*, Poe 6*, Poggle 6*, Kylo 7* and Ig88 7*. Like I said, dooku counters the aoe comp. And can do some damage, his lightning crits for 4-5k with a sid lead and the double stun is fatal if it hits.
    It's absolutely possible to one hit a dooku, but most dont consider him a priority target and he often goes first. Just checked swgohcantina, at 7* he has 11K health only a GS with a good assist can oneshot him before he moves.
  • Fabzorz wrote: »

my ig86 crits for 11000 hp. that will one shot almost all characters at this point. FOTP rey and leia will probably do the same. Dooko is a reliable 3 shot kill for me. which means after he takes his opening attack and doubles or stuns, he will get 3 more attacks before he dies. this is if there at no better threats to attack first and i go for dooku. my ig86 and 88, along with a few others may not even get an attack before they are killed in round 1. at least he gets some damage in before being wiped.

Level 68 all max gear and level, I run Sid 7*, Poe 6*, Poggle 6*, Kylo 7* and Ig88 7*. Like I said, dooku counters the aoe comp. And can do some damage, his lightning crits for 4-5k with a sid lead and the double stun is fatal if it hits.
    It's absolutely possible to one hit a dooku, but most dont consider him a priority target and he often goes first. Just checked swgohcantina, at 7* he has 11K health only a GS with a good assist can oneshot him before he moves.

The double stun is really strong, but it just doesn't happen often enough to be worth it IMO. Without any RNG the game would be pretty boring and the double stun is just bad luck. My GS crits for 9k not including the assist portion. FOTP crits for 6.5k on each of his up to 3 attacks. QGJ calling an assist from anyone not Poe. I have literally never lost to a 7* Dooku so maybe I am bias?

my ig86 crits for 11000 hp. that will one shot almost all characters at this point. FOTP rey and leia will probably do the same. Dooko is a reliable 3 shot kill for me. which means after he takes his opening attack and doubles or stuns, he will get 3 more attacks before he dies. this is if there at no better threats to attack first and i go for dooku. my ig86 and 88, along with a few others may not even get an attack before they are killed in round 1. at least he gets some damage in before being wiped.

Sure of course it depends on the team comp he is in. But if you have multiple people dying in round 1 than it isn't Dooku who is the problem?
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    But if you have multiple people dying in round 1 than it isn't Dooku who is the problem?[/quote]

this is accurate. i was responding to the statement that dooku can be one shotted at end game. which is accurate as well, but there at many other toons that can be killed in one shot as well. there have been a lot of discussions on weather or not dooku needs a buff or nerf. He gets a pretty fair start compared to most characters due to first strike, stun, ability block, counter attack and so on. he really does a lot of damage for a guy that is almost destine to die in round 1.

The double stun is really strong, but it just doesn't happen often enough to be worth it IMO. Without any RNG the game would be pretty boring and the double stun is just bad luck. My GS crits for 9k not including the assist portion. FOTP crits for 6.5k on each of his up to 3 attacks. QGJ calling an assist from anyone not Poe. I have literally never lost to a 7* Dooku so maybe I am bias?

Sure of course it depends on the team comp he is in. But if you have multiple people dying in round 1 than it isn't Dooku who is the problem?

Yeah double stun dont happen to often, It just happened in arena once I think but I tend to remember that one because it **** so bad lol. QGJ and FOTP go after dooku (unless you get the lucky poe). I'm not saying dooku is overpowered or anything, I just dont think he is as useless everybody says he is.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    The character with the highest potency in the game needs a potency buff? Man, these forums...

Hey i never said he needs it lol i said it'd be nice is all haha