Outfits

Willkimm98
466 posts Member
edited February 2016
What if they added outfits for characters? For example, luke could have his black gear on, or his brownish gear on. These could have different bonuses per outfit so it can adjust to a certain playstyle. What do you guys think of adding different outfits for the characters that wore multiple things in the movies/show/games?

Outfits 49 votes

Great idea
51%
Rolfcosmicturtle333Ronon_DexAdamWjeremyj26IG69CronozNLAlriksterEnklave10thDanManOmarFPGBlumpKingResidentFrogSlevinBurgernysiWillkimm98NaurosFeelsonumbLukeandrew11620Miller 25 votes
Bad idea
36%
Ser_PhoenixventselDarthMessi1984TavenRendarJoshuNonemoDrNoCoolAggropoxDeadpooltaco186garcia_george99FAED_EmperorFuryanAl_TizStigEl_DuderinoKwynne4444FindecDilligaf 18 votes
No opinion
12%
BongoThalosKiranoHarfoushCarlosMeetWorldWill_CocishugeEl_Nitemare 6 votes

Replies

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Bad idea
    While variety is nice, and I wouldn't mind it, I believe that it's better to get additional toons with new skills instead of just fiddling around a little with the presently available ones.

There is however the idea of a skill tree of sorts, where you could at least to some extent tailor your toon in a direction that suits your playing style. This would be really cool.
  • Great idea
    i like the idea of being able to change your character's look. probably shouldn't be tied to abilities though. we have enough problems with the purple matts.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Great idea
    In for anything that allows us some customization to our strategy. Like the threads about gear customization that start up fresh every few weeks or so.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Bad idea
    I would rather have new toons more then just different outfits.
  • Bad idea
    More toons, how else can we get a full team of Lukes
    Roger roger
  • Great idea
    We already have this.

There's Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader. Lots of characters are obviously going to get other versions of themselves released, ie Stormtrooper Han, Clone Wars Chewbacca, etc.

I think maybe you're thinking you'd rather out be the same character with different costumes, therefore you'd only have to level/gear/7* the one character instead of two (or possibly 3 eventually). But the game is obviously already set up to have each character split into multiple versions, and the reasons for doing this are obvious.
  • Great idea
    Cosmetics is what we should get.
    Lightsabre colour changes. Outfit changes.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Great idea
    Cosmetics is Always a good thing. People go nuts to have some different outfits or colours to chose from. EA will make more money and players will feel better about themselves.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Bad idea
    No, no and no. I do not want to clutter my device with hundreds of MBs of different outfits. Imagine how slow would Arena battles go! People are already complaining about animations taking too much time from precious 5 min, imagine how much longer it would take with custom looks!
  • nysi
    33 posts Member
    Great idea
    While it's not the top priority, I think it would be cool. I would love to have a ressurected maul with the Dark saber for example.
  • Great idea
    Nonemo wrote: »
    While variety is nice, and I wouldn't mind it, I believe that it's better to get additional toons with new skills instead of just fiddling around a little with the presently available ones.

There is however the idea of a skill tree of sorts, where you could at least to some extent tailor your toon in a direction that suits your playing style. This would be really cool.

I disagree, sort of.
    Adding some cosmetic value shouldn't really detract from the main development teams ability to churn out new heroes. It's essentially just a new character model or in some cases, a reskin. A company as large as EA can do this with their eyes closed.

However, there is some merit to not releasing multiple heroes every month or so - it allows those who started playing later a chance to catch up - and how many people are already level 70?
    The game is quite a grind and I don't want it to become a chore instead.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Is it only me that thinks phasma doesn't look right?? Hey outfit should look highly polished and reflective armor, but it's kinda drab and doesn't stand out from regular troopers...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Great idea
    Outfit changes - yes. Tied to abilities - no, that's what different versions are for. Also, some profit could shift from game-impacting stuff to cosmetic, reducing the gap between f2p and whales. There are games that run purely on vanity items...
  • I'd like simple recolors. Model swaps are probably no-no, new toons would be better.