Battle UI Quality of Life Suggestion

medetec
1571 posts Member
edited February 2017
Per QoL update 4, it looks like you are implementing independent buff tracking for stealth and taunt. I'd like to suggest taking that one step further.

6hJd9xs.png

Let the user see the duration on all buffs/debuffs, and for buffs with multiple instances like DoTs and HoTs, add a stack indicator insteack of pushing a row of buffs/debuffs right off the screen and obscuring the rest of the UI when they build up.

Stack numbers could pulse so as not to obscure the icon beneath.
Post edited by medetec on

Replies

• Skuddy
    137 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Yes please. I agree 100%

As an aside. I think it would be funny to see the icon just grow in size for every stacked effect. Until the background is replaced by a giant debugging or buff icon
  • Also post the cooldown of the opponent teams like in raids.
  • And also add a timeline where we can see the turn of the toons (like in Final fantasy X)
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    And also add a timeline where we can see the turn of the toons (like in Final fantasy X)

Because of the way turn order currently works, with all units at 100% TM acting in a random order, that would be difficult.

Although changing action order to always go in the order in which units reach 100% TM first would be a great QoL improvement in addition to then listing action order jRPG style.
  • medetec wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    And also add a timeline where we can see the turn of the toons (like in Final fantasy X)

Because of the way turn order currently works, with all units at 100% TM acting in a random order, that would be difficult.

Although changing action order to always go in the order in which units reach 100% TM first would be a great QoL improvement in addition to then listing action order jRPG style.

I agree totally about queuing toons instead of selecting randomly who goes first.

(I mean, is it that hard to implement a FIFO data structure, as they changed speed ticks to 3 decimals anyway?)

If nothing change, could we think about a graphic showing a who might possibly take turn on the following move, additionally to the TM?

Because it just does not make sense that my TFP with 30% TM bar goes before most of the other who were at 50%.