Inspiring Through Fear and Shock + crackling doom

Skuddy
135 posts Member
edited February 2017
I just wanted to make note that there are two distinct interactions between crackling doom that are happening currently. I am hoping using my zeta on Vader was not wasted. But allow me to explain the two issues separately.

Enemy has shock, emperor palpatine ends turn, crackling doom applies DAMAGE to the enemy, and the enemy does not get the TM reduction from Darth Vader's zeta. Not 50% of the time. Not even 1% of the time. Never. - think of the videos of p3 z Vader and Palp teams.

The other distinct time crackling doom is used and the TM reduction DOES work. Is against Jedi. Palpatine turn ends. Crackling doom happens. And 50% of the time, 25% turn meter goes poof. It works very well.

The similarities are none of the mentioned targets are being focused on. So these are the collateral damage enemies if you will.

I think the targets who have been shocked, and are receiving damage should intact be losing 25% TM half the time. However it is none of the time currently. The leader ability and crackling doom work fine on Jedi whether shocked or not.

Bug reported.


Edit: this has been posted and replied to as being investigated by cozispoon. My apologies. Carry on investigating please.
Post edited by Skuddy on

Replies

  • kielbotronix
    159 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Isn't it because shock is not counted as a sith/empire attack? I'm sure it was already explained in the Bugs section some time ago by the devs. It's a debuff, the origin and trigger doesn't matter.
    The additional dmg to the jedi is counted sith/empire as it comes from palp's crackling doom itself.
  • It works the same as jedi, but consider shock an activator. So instead of needing the Jedi tag it needs shock as a debuff to activate it.
  • Yeah but even though palp activates shock, it is still a debuff, neutral.
  • If you dig down the bugs and issues section you will find it somewhere ☺
  • Isn't it because shock is not counted as a sith/empire attack? I'm sure it was already explained in the Bugs section some time ago by the devs. It's a debuff, the origin and trigger doesn't matter.
    The additional dmg to the jedi is counted sith/empire as it comes from palp's crackling doom itself.



    · Leader · Level 8
    Inspiring Through Fear
    Empire and Sith allies gain 30% Offense and have a 50% chance to remove 20% Turn Meter when they damage an enemy. This Turn Meter removal can't be Resisted. While Darth Vader is alive, enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them.



    · Unique · Level 7
    Crackling Doom
    At the end of each of his turns, Palpatine deals Special damage to all Shocked enemies and then deals Special damage to all Jedi and Rebel enemies. This damage can't defeat enemies.

  • kielbotronix
    159 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    It's like turning on the light, you press the button, the bulb lits, but it's not because you created electricity in your fingers but rather you closed the circuit and let the hate.. energy flow through the wires ☺ electricity did it you just allowed it to work it's magic ☺ guess I'm getting philosophical late at night...
  • Yeah the skill description might sound misleading but again it was already discussed some time ago..
  • No offense but you seem to REALLY not want this to be a thing. Do you not have zvader and Palp? I'm confused as to the reason you are campaigning against this so hard. Regardless of whether it was covered before or not. I'm bringing attention to forum mods and developers that the two skills are not working in conjunction with how they are described. I think I spelled it out pretty clearly. And the fact that it was addressed "some time before" but not addressed publicly or put in the bugs bin post as being resolved isn't a satisfactory ending for me.

    Hence why I was making mention of it here in the bugs forum. With all due respect, I will wait for a response and resolution from devs/forum mods.
Sign In or Register to comment.