Lord of Hunger Packs ***MEGATHREAD***

Prev1345
Please keep comments related to the new packs in this thread. There will be lots of talk about this, with many duplicate topics/posts. Let's please keep the forum neat and orderly by posting here - your posts are still read despite being in a megathread.

Thanks.

Replies

• Nzchimeran
    165 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    It says 5-30 tokens
    I get 7x 5 tokens ?
    Come on that like $60 worth and I get 35tokens in total
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Was ready to drop money on this pack, was gonna become a baby whale and have a 7* nihilus. But at 1499 for 5 shards I'm going to pass. All the reworked sith are $20 for 80 shards, where as nihilus is roughly $20 for 10... there is no value here.
  • So now the characters are available in single packs at 1299 crystals each. Worse case scenario it would take just over 4 vaults (let's call it 4 assuming you get a couple 30 pulls) to 7 star just Darth Nihilus, that is £400!!! I have spent a lot on this game until the recent out of control price points on the citadel and tie reaper pack but I still consider £400 for one character to be excessive. If the price had been half that I would've considered dropping the the money considering Nihilus has potential to be a game changer but now I think I will wait till he becomes farmable.
  • Lastic
    4 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    This SUCKS EA! 5-30 Shards for 1300 Crystsls?? 10$ for ~ 1200 Crystals and you get every Time 5 Shards!!! What is this? How mich Money whant You ? 1000$ for one Char? Are You kidding?
  • 1 month for this, disappoint :(
  • So we have to pay €450 per toon. Feels like a hassle to buy so many vaults. Or do krakens have an extra option available? Buy a crystal mine for €1000.... that will be a quality of life update for junkies ;)
  • They surely must realise that creating some bad feeling towards them from their customers is not a good idea?

The move towards out and out price gouging has meant I not have a genuine, bitter dislike for those involved with the game, and it has also resulted me spending significantly less cash.

They will kill the game by alienating people like this.
  • While I'm sad, they kinda said this was exactly how it was going to go. Release first super high, then 4-6 weeks later normal prices, then 4-6 weeks after that "farmable".
  • Hmm i guess still too rich for my blood. I guess the lord of hunger will have to wait
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    What would you guys suggest? I've got 3k crystals lying around, so I can get 2-3 packs. That means I can get either the Sith Assassin or Darth Nihilus to 4* (they're both at 20/30 right now). Which would you say is more useful?
  • Myerg99
    96 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Merula wrote: »
    I'm dumb and got suckered. $400 USD and 60K+ crystals and not a single pack with more than 5 shards! Not one!

I've spent a lot of money on this game because I enjoy it but I'm free to play moving forward because they are just trying to take advantage of people that love Star Wars now. I fell for it but not again.

Bet ya said that last time this happened
  • Merula
    68 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Myerg99 wrote: »
    Merula wrote: »
    I'm dumb and got suckered. $400 USD and 60K+ crystals and not a single pack with more than 5 shards! Not one!

I've spent a lot of money on this game because I enjoy it but I'm free to play moving forward because they are just trying to take advantage of people that love Star Wars now. I fell for it but not again.

Bet ya said that last time this happened

Not until now. I didn't buy the Krennic packs. I've only been buying for gear and mods lately as the packs are out of control. But the Sith are my favorite group so I got excited, bought on emotion and subsequently got kicked in a very sensitive area instead.

So no more money from me.
  • Schwin
    80 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Removed wrote:
    Electronic Arts is committed to making a difference in the communities where we live and work by demonstrating responsibility and good citizenship.

Is extreme pricing and questionable pack design practice that preys on people's addictions/lack of impulse control responsible corporate behaviour or good citizenship?

Is it "Protective and supportive" towards playerswhich is a stated goal in the EA Code of Conduct?

For the record I'm not bashing EA merely asking if they believe things as they stand match up to their public ally stated goals.

Make your own mind up.
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    1,299 crystals for 5 shards
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Misanthrop
    63 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    With every new release you slowly chip my excitement for this game away pack by pack and piece by piece...
  • Ring wrote: »
    What would you guys suggest? I've got 3k crystals lying around, so I can get 2-3 packs. That means I can get either the Sith Assassin or Darth Nihilus to 4* (they're both at 20/30 right now). Which would you say is more useful?

think about why you have 20/30. Maybe it's generating the feeling, that you just have to push the button twice for 1* up? ^^
    I am german, therefore my english is not the best.
  • Yup not worth trying to 7 star NOT ONE PACK DROPPED MORE THAN 5 shards ever 350 bucks i spend and none dropped 30 shards. So the shard packs are a lie.
  • In all technicalities they need to change the wording and description of packs because it is blatant false advertising to have shards listed In a pack as 5-30 with a chace to get 30 with 5 minimum

5-30 signifies you can get anywhere in the range of 5-30 not 5 or 30.

It needs to be listed as 5 or 30 or 5/30
  • think about why you have 20/30. Maybe it's generating the feeling, that you just have to push the button twice for 1* up? ^^

I used crystals that I collected for free. I don't mind using them on 2 packs of Nihilus shards (yes, both got me 5 shards each). Not planning on spending any more though.

Didn't get the Assassin packs, hopefully that wasn't a mistake.
  • GrimmHammer
    47 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    In all technicalities they need to change the wording and description of packs because it is blatant false advertising to have shards listed In a pack as 5-30 with a chace to get 30 with 5 minimum

5-30 signifies you can get anywhere in the range of 5-30 not 5 or 30.

It needs to be listed as 5 or 30 or 5/30

Yes, normal gamers expect an average of 15 shards. But actually it will drop just 5 shards. Paying gamers seems to need learn this through pain.

I learned it through purchasing the Krennic-Pack, where I got only 5 shards in all the packs .. for over 200€
    I am german, therefore my english is not the best.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    You don't need to star him up only if you want to use him in arena

I think I could 3* all dark side battles with him and my sith only
  • Merula wrote: »

Different people continue to fall for it so nothing will change. Makes it easy not to spend money though
  • I think that there is something fundamentally flawed in the pricing for shards of new characters in this game. This game is extremely grindy gearing is time consuming and expensive it costs several hundred dollars in itself to gear a character unless you want to take a month and a half to do one guy. So right now there are 3 new characters released. They are given to the player base at 3*. The drop rate on the packs is terrible I have spent 4 vaults and never gotten more than 5 shards.

But at current rate of even "reduced" pricing it is 10.00 for 5 shards. So if you want to get your three new toons to 7* you are looking at about 500 each for star levels then 200-300 to gear them. I don't think even your average whale really wants to spend 1500-2000 on three new characters and I have spent over 8k on this game but there comes a point where you don't feel like a valued customer anymore and feel gouged by the pricing structure. Is 600-700 a character really where this game should be? For me that's not fun anymore.
  • There is absolutely no positive feedback about these packs. Why can't they realise if they want to make money, they're better off making packs at a reasonable price. If this was 1299 for a guaranteed drop of 30 shards, they would be making so much more money right now - instead, people are being driven away from the game. Bravo.

Don't be fooled. They know exactly what they are doing.

Are you sure? I know some people may burn their credit cards.. but may "whales" i know are feeling disapointed with the game.
    For Dolphins (like me), its impossíble tô get this toon.

Also, I feel very bad with price of mobile games. Because f.e. Resident Evil are a great game, high graphics level and you can buy it for $40,00.
    Here for Just a low polly character you need tô spend over $400...
  • First drop on DN was 30 shards, got super excited ! And then ... then ... 150€ for a couple of *5 shards. Hoping I could drop a 30 again.
    Don't know if I should feel lucky for at least getting it once 30 or completely ripped off and fooled by the others garbage drops.
    I think I'll stay polite this time EA. You got me on this. Not sure how long I'm gonna remain cool and enjoy this non sense.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    JeerCScaas wrote: »
    First drop on DN was 30 shards, got super excited ! And then ... then ... 150€ for a couple of *5 shards. Hoping I could drop a 30 again.
    Don't know if I should feel lucky for at least getting it once 30 or completely ripped off and fooled by the others garbage drops.
    I think I'll stay polite this time EA. You got me on this. Not sure how long I'm gonna remain cool and enjoy this non sense.

It's something like 1 in a thousand gets a 30 drop so ya go for it :neutral:

That's a nice amount of money for a toon that may or may not be useful anywhere. Reports of him being broken in GW are already out btw. Would you spend that much on other good and products without knowing what you are getting?
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    Would you spend that much on other good and products without knowing what you are getting?

Well, I'm not complaining about the amount I spent and on what I spent. After all it's my money and i do whatever I want to with it.
    I know I might be throwing it away on a maybe useless char. That's part of a game and stupid strategy.
    I'm just complaining about announcing drop rates and amazingly just drop every single time the lowest possible reward.
    If somehow it was a bit more balanced like 5/10/15/20/25 and a rare 30 drop I'd feel better. But it's just insulting knowing you only get the 5 one. That's all.
  • To help put the pricing of this pack into perspective let's take the Kylo Ren command shuttle pack which I actually thought was a great deal (and perhaps foolishly) thought it was a sign of things turning around to sensible pricing points. You got 80 shuttle shards, 80 Kylo shards, 50 Phasma shard and 25 FOST shards so a total of 235 shards plus a few credits and training droids for a very reasonable and acceptable price of £40.00. For the same price here you get just 40 shards for one character... I don't think anything else needs to be said...
This discussion has been closed.