Nihilus under Zaul Arena Video!

Check out the video of me fighting the first nihilus in our arena. It was my Rex (L), JKA, Aayla, zeta Boba, and B2 vs. zeta Maul (L), Palpatine, zeta Boba, Vader, and a 4* Nihilus at g10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-T6J9cCgfs

Enjoy!

Replies

• Check out the video of me fighting the first nihilus in our arena. It was my Rex (L), JKA, Aayla, zeta Boba, and B2 vs. zeta Maul (L), Palpatine, zeta Boba, Vader, and a 4* Nihilus at g10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-T6J9cCgfs

Enjoy!

That's the slowest team of all time if boba is going before palpatine
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited February 2017

Huh? Most squads have Boba before EP. Much more important to get his ability block down than any other move. Plus Boba base is 147 and EP is 122. So it takes a lot more to get EP faster.

Very, very rare to see someone kit EP with more speed than Boba.

EDIT: And on watching the video having Boba go first with Nihilus is a big mistake. You want Nihilus to go after Rex so he can pull from the buffs. Instead Rex goes after Nih and clears everything.

Also enemy squad having Vader is a liability. Hilarious to see AI use his AoE when the enemy has tenacity up across the board. Such a waste.

• SlyGambit wrote: »

Huh? Most squads have Boba before EP. Much more important to get his ability block down than any other move. Plus Boba base is 147 and EP is 122. So it takes a lot more to get EP faster.

Yeah but palpatine starts off the match with a turn meter boost from mauls leader ability. I think that's what he's referencing

Yeah exactly. His Boba has around 260 speed and his Palp after the 20% boost has an effective first turn speed of around 240 or so.
  • Lol that team was straight trash
  • under zaul ? he start with 20% TM. palp should go before, @YourOnIyHope got a point for this particular squad.
    and the OP's whole team went before Palp.. so its a slow palp.
  • NicolBolas
    334 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    SlyGambit wrote: »

EDIT: And on watching the video having Boba go first with Nihilus is a big mistake. You want Nihilus to go after Rex so he can pull from the buffs. Instead Rex goes after Nih and clears everything.

Also enemy squad having Vader is a liability. Hilarious to see AI use his AoE when the enemy has tenacity up across the board. Such a waste.

In Zaul squads, most of the time EP moves first. Most Zaul teams I have seen run EP at 200+ base speed, meaning he has an effective starting speed of 250+. However, this doesn't mean their EP is slow... could be that Boba is fast.

That being said, the team composition of that team could be optimized.

First of all, he is exposing a squishy toon to be hammered in the beginning. Yes, Boba revives, but he's still quite easy to kill if he's focused on (as you demonstrated). If he wants to take advantage of the mass stealth, throw in a toon that's annoying to hit (someone who has a bigger health pool, someone who counters, or someone who benefits from getting hit).

Second, I can see his intentions in giving everyone a negative status in the form of ability block, and then having Nihilus increase cooldowns with 100% certainty. However, ability block and cooldown increase are reduntant and, quite frankly, a waste when used together. Once the ability block falls off, the skill will be ready again. His team will be better off with a very fast Sid and EP instead. Of course, facing Rex, the turn order is messed up, but in general his turn order and team comp are not ideal.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    U4bK6Is.jpg

4u07A6k.jpg

cBIu8YY.jpg

I said I would play around with him and max him which I did.

Nihilus has a nice role and kit so far and I haven't found a team I can't beat on offense and most in my shard have faster toons and I'm in a 2015 dec shard
  • Someone in our guild maxed him within 10 minutes of him being released.
  • Nicolbolbas, 100% agree. This guy was excited to just throw him in. He's already reworked turn order and given nihilus an extra star.
  • Nicolbolbas, 100% agree. This guy was excited to just throw him in. He's already reworked turn order and given nihilus an extra star.

Oh, I forgot to mention that you cleared up something people have been wondering: force Drain can delay a skill that isn't currently on cooldown. There are talks that Force Drain will bump up cooldowns by 1, but when the character's turn rolls around, the special will immediately be ready again if it was at a cooldown of 0. You showed in your video where aayla and anakin got their cooldowns increased, they cannot immediately use their specials when their turn came around. Thanks for that!

Yeah exactly. His Boba has around 260 speed and his Palp after the 20% boost has an effective first turn speed of around 240 or so.

i34eKxd.jpg

Under zeta maul lead, my palpatine moves at 290 speed...show me a boba that moves first
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    I thought this was going to be a video using Nihilus effectively, rather than against. Nihilus only got two turns and you took him out 3rd. Doesn't seem that usefull except as a lead against Zarriss, GK, etc.
  • Btw, ask that guy to switch to Nihilus lead and see how Rex does against him. No crit = no TM boost.
  • If he wants an ability block in the non stealth spot he should see how fast he can get Old Ben moving. If you could stop someone from using an AOE dispel that seems like it would be an awesome addition to that team.
  • I've used Nihilus a bit in Arena and he's pretty lackluster imo. Granted mine us only 4* G9 but he's got more HP then my Maxed EP. The problem I've run into is the match is over before he can even use Annihilate. His basic dispel is cool but the B2 he replaced does a better job. He's also very slow and I don't have the mods to have everyone over 200. Maybe he could replace Boba at a higher gear but is he better? Idk.. I'll play around with him a bit more but as of now.. Meh
  • https://youtu.be/zZ2TgFtG_7s
    Excuse the heavy breathing
    This is what zaul+nihlus looks like when you are pretty fast.
  • Mazurka wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/zZ2TgFtG_7s

You have an unread text message
  • Mazurka, that's the exact team I came up with as well. I also find that his annihilate typically isn't ready until the very end, where it is nearly pointless haha.... still, love running this team at the moment
  • Can you show me your rex stats please
  • Mazurka wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/zZ2TgFtG_7s

You have an unread text message

Thanks, I'll get around to checking that.
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    Mazurka, that's the exact team I came up with as well. I also find that his annihilate typically isn't ready until the very end, where it is nearly pointless haha.... still, love running this team at the moment
    It is very fun. Gotta get some more gear on nihlus, Vader, and b2. Not sure if I wanna get assassin or not
  • Faced a zeta maul with EP, vader, nihilus and B2.

Vader and EP went first. I still won 5-0 with EP lead, vader dooku gk and tfp
  • https://youtu.be/pTCHu2ytqH4
    Another zaul+nihlus vid for your viewing pleasure