Sith Trooper is the Real Star of the Event

Prev1
DoomeyEyes
264 posts Member
edited February 2017
Most people are focused on DN, but Sith Trooper is destined to dominate the meta... Especially in a Zaul team.

His total HP is a bit below Shore, but beyond that he is better in every way. His taunt is not dependent on a special, he gets retribution and defense up, and in a Zaul team, he is almost certain to get his taunt up, if not retribution, before the opposing team takes a turn. On top of that, +20% evasion from the Zaul leader ability, bonus protection from his special and best of all, +100% defense, which easily pushes his total damage reduction above 50% (right around 55% with mods at 4*)

All in all, Sith Trooper is probably the best meat shield in the game, but hardly a mention of him on forums... of course that may be because he requires 5 sets of stun cuffs.

Replies

• Interesting. I hadn't really considered him until now. Great write up!
  • mlb1399 wrote: »
    Interesting. I hadn't really considered him until now. Great write up!

I have trooper 3* g10 and he is pretty good and would be even better under a zaul Team.

I was actually running a double tank at a point in time and that was fun with sith trooper and shore
  • DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    Most people are focused on DN, but Sith Trooper is destined to dominate the meta... Especially in a Zaul team.

His total HP is a bit below Shore, but beyond that he is better in every way. His taunt is not dependent on a special, he gets retribution and defense up, and in a Zaul team, he is almost certain to get his taunt up, if not retribution, before the opposing team takes a turn. On top of that, +20% evasion from the Zaul leader ability, bonus protection from his special and best of all, +100% defense, which easily pushes his total damage reduction above 50% (right around 55% with mods at 4*)

All in all, Sith Trooper is probably the best meat shield in the game, but hardly a mention of him on forums... of course that may be because he requires 5 sets of stun cuffs.

No one talks about him because he is low star yes, but because of the fact that buff immunity literally renders him useless. Most shards run TFP / B2, so literally it is 4v5 the whole game since Sith trooper is slow af and can't taunt lol
  • I'm torned between him and Gk for my situ team. What u guys think?
  • He's fantastic. Gearing him, however, is not.
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Tjbear02 wrote: »
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »

No one talks about him because he is low star yes, but because of the fact that buff immunity literally renders him useless. Most shards run TFP / B2, so literally it is 4v5 the whole game since Sith trooper is slow af and can't taunt lol

Yeah... no.

TFP doesn't remove buffs, and will go after EP in a decent Zaul team, so that taunt is up for 2 very slow turns... and it's only an 80% chance, reduced by the 22% chance to dodge. B2 will remove, but the odds of getting buff immunity up are lower than TFP, so later sith specials can just reapply, and the Sith Trooper aoe special throws out offense down... in any case he is far superior to Shore, who gets plenty of play at the top of most shards atm...

Oh and stop using the word "literally" forever... literally.
  • Tjbear02 wrote: »

Buff immunity make shore useless too and people still run him and consider him one of the top tanks.
  • I've been using him in GW with my Empire team and it's been such a dream. He takes practically ALL single-target damage, and he is insanely survivable under EP. With just his special he can get to full health easily, and he inflicts defence down constantly when he's got retribution.

There are a few limited circumstances where I have to swap him for Shore (one dude had an insanely fast Wiggs duo), but for the most part he's been a fantastic replacement.

Hopefully, they won't put his shards in as... 'uncomfortable' a battle as the Shore ones when they make him farmable.
  • And his heals under Nihilus or Pappy.
  • No comments on Gk vs sith trooper?
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Karek77 wrote: »
    No comments on Gk vs sith trooper?

GK fam. Everyone will use B2 vs you and the cleanse is invaluable. Can't taunt if u have buff immunity on you.
  • Zooey wrote: »

GK fam. Everyone will use B2 vs you and the cleanse is invaluable. Can't taunt if u have buff immunity on you.

Sith Trooper is good, but GK is GK. That's the end of the argument. Even a full-Sith team would probably benefit more from having GK cause... well it's GK for god's sake! He's like a raid-boss, but you can put him on your team!
  • Roadburn12 wrote: »
    Tjbear02 wrote: »

Buff immunity make shore useless too and people still run him and consider him one of the top tanks.

BI only makes ST useless after his initial taunt is gone so he still is better than Sith trooper. Also sith trooper needs at least two other sith to be good while shoretrooper will work in any squad.
  • Darlex11
    235 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I love the "but this anti-tank ability makes that tank character useless" argument when talking about a new tank and comparing him to other tanks. Like who cares that a counter tank mechanic does what its supposed to against sith trooper and *gasp* makes him harder to use. Thats like saying "yea well GK is trash because I can just ability block and shock him and he is useless." Abandon that kind of logic. There isn't a character in this game that doesn't have some form of a counter. For the "sith trooper gets shut down under X circumstance" crowd, consider that there is another sith character that strips debuffs from allies. Suddenly it isn't so unfeasible for sith trooper to be able to reapply is defense up, taunt, and retribution. Also remember that he gets those buffs both when an ally uses a special and when someone falls below 50%, so he is like RG but better.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Darlex11 wrote: »
    I love the "but this anti-tank ability makes that tank character useless" argument when talking about a new tank and comparing him to other tanks. Like who gives a f*** that a counter tank mechanic does what its supposed to against sith trooper and *gasp* makes him harder to use. Thats like saying "yea well GK is trash because I can just ability block and shock him and he is useless." **** with that kind of logic. There isn't a character in this game that doesn't have some form of a counter. For the "sith trooper gets shut down under X circumstance" crowd, consider that there is another sith character that strips debuffs from allies. Suddenly it isn't so unfeasible for sith trooper to be able to reapply is defense up, taunt, and retribution. Also remember that he gets those buffs both when an ally uses a special and when someone falls below 50%, so he is like RG but better.

Sure. But GK can taunt and cleanse while SiT needs another toon on your team to cleanse. And they both taunt about the same amount. SiT benefits from maul lead sure but I don't think that justifies him.
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Zooey wrote: »
    I love the "but this anti-tank ability makes that tank character useless" argument when talking about a new tank and comparing him to other tanks. Like who gives a f*** that a counter tank mechanic does what its supposed to against sith trooper and *gasp* makes him harder to use. Thats like saying "yea well GK is trash because I can just ability block and shock him and he is useless." **** with that kind of logic. There isn't a character in this game that doesn't have some form of a counter. For the "sith trooper gets shut down under X circumstance" crowd, consider that there is another sith character that strips debuffs from allies. Suddenly it isn't so unfeasible for sith trooper to be able to reapply is defense up, taunt, and retribution. Also remember that he gets those buffs both when an ally uses a special and when someone falls below 50%, so he is like RG but better.

Sure. But GK can taunt and cleanse while SiT needs another toon on your team to cleanse. And they both taunt about the same amount. SiT benefits from maul lead sure but I don't think that justifies him.

Om the flip side, GK may never have the chance to cleanse... against a Zaul team, especially with DN, he will either get stunned turn 1 or have his CDs increased, and before his second turn, Vader may well ability block him with his basic which jedi can't resist (on defense this means Vader 's 3rd turn, which isn't that unlikely with the TM gains from Zaul 's leader ability. Same for 3Rd turn... then he's dead before he can do anything.

Not to mention that GK has nowhere near the damage mitigation that Sith Trooper does... and he takes double damage from Maul, so by comparison, he's pretty squishy... may not even make it 2 turns.

In other words, Darlex11 has a point.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    sith badly needed a taunter

Maybe not under maul but under nillus GK is useless as a taunter.
  • DoomeyEyes wrote: »

Om the flip side, GK may never have the chance to cleanse... against a Zaul team, especially with DN, he will either get stunned turn 1 or have his CDs increased, and before his second turn, Vader may well ability block him with his basic which jedi can't resist (on defense this means Vader 's 3rd turn, which isn't that unlikely with the TM gains from Zaul 's leader ability. Same for 3Rd turn... then he's dead before he can do anything.

Not to mention that GK has nowhere near the damage mitigation that Sith Trooper does... and he takes double damage from Maul, so by comparison, he's pretty squishy... may not even make it 2 turns.

Either way they're both taunting, and GK can grant Foresight with his basic (and give it to himself as well) which works wonders in a zeta Maul squad. I think Sith Trooper is the best flat out meat shield for a sith team, but GK is still an arguably better character overall.
  • Vertigo wrote: »

Either way they're both taunting, and GK can grant Foresight with his basic (and give it to himself as well) which works wonders in a zeta Maul squad. I think Sith Trooper is the best flat out meat shield for a sith team, but GK is still an arguably better character overall.

Can't wait till I unlock kenobi

I plan on switching shore for GK and run the following

Zader
    Nihilus
    Palp
    GK
    Sith trooper
  • He will be F2P like the other siths in 2018 lmao...Whats there to talk about.
  • I agree with you, I'm most excited for him as well, has great utility and use.
  • Sith trooper is probably better in an all sith squad, but Kenobi has shards coming in on a regular basis and won't be stuck at 3* for the foreseeable future. I'm gearing Kenobi.
  • Baze and GK are the 2 best taunts in the game. The added utility they have by far out shines anything SiT offers.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Baze and GK are the 2 best taunts in the game. The added utility they have by far out shines anything SiT offers.

Baze by himself is petty weak... he really needs Chirrut to shine.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Baze and GK are the 2 best taunts in the game. The added utility they have by far out shines anything SiT offers.

Baze by himself is petty weak... he really needs Chirrut to shine.

I wish that was true.

Sith Trooper is good, but GK is GK. That's the end of the argument. Even a full-Sith team would probably benefit more from having GK cause... well it's GK for god's sake! He's like a raid-boss, but you can put him on your team!

This^^^

Just got him today and was able to dominate in every area (besides raids because he's 5-stars) in the game. He makes GW and SA a joke.
  • I want to gear up Sith Trooper. Even just to be a little different. But it feels like to compete with the meta you have to gear up certain toons: GK, Baze, etc....
  • I use sith trooper on my GW team at G8 and he works wonders for me. As soon as he's low on health that special puts him right back at max. Under DH lead I could see him being even better... currently using an EP lead
  • A sith with a gun being good? This game has come so far....