I love places of power event

I only finished the event at Tier II and only at one star. I cant seem to win against the Uber yoda in the bonus tier (Considering I only have one star in TIER II, this isn't surprising).

Will this event return? Despite the rewards, I like the overall difficulty level and it will make me improve my sith characters like how we have the EP and Yoda event. =D

Good job! And any tips on how to finish this?

I use EP (L) GX, Vader GX, DookuGX, Phasma GX, and a 6* Gear VII Maul.

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I love how this event relies more on strategy and effective toons than sheer power. I beat all three tiers twice with a 36,000 power team.
  • Options
    I was unable to defeat the Jedi in tier one level eight who constantly had foresight.
  • Options
    Make sure you have mauls AOE ready to go at the beginning of round 8. Daze= win
  • Options
    If you unlocked Nihilus, gear him G7 (at least) and use his lead. Makes all the difference.
    I couldn't beat tier 2 earlier... With Nihilus, I finished tier 3 easily.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    the event has an achievement tied to it, every event in the past with an achievement tied to it has returned later on. It could be a while though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    If you unlocked Nihilus, gear him G7 (at least) and use his lead. Makes all the difference.

I will try this!
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It was crazy how massive an effect nihilus had I couldn't quite do tier 2 without him
    I could reach round 8 but Yoda is ridiculously quick and could pass around foresight and tenacity up pretty much always between my attacks while Kenobi would remove any detrimental effect I could place on anyone in the few moments they didn't have tenacity up.
    With Nihlus I was able to do it and the bonus tier. Insta killed Kenobi on tier 2 due to taunt and managed to get to do it to Yoda in the bonus, which has a drastic effect.
  • Options

DUDE! You're a savior! I spent 10+ Million to level up and gear Nihilus and Maul. When I got to the last round, Nihilus took the first turn and killed yoda at once!! Level 81 and Gear VII, NO MODS. =D Im so satisfied I feel like I want to invest on sith lords!

We need more events like this one. =D
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I love how this event relies more on strategy and effective toons than sheer power. I beat all three tiers twice with a 36,000 power team.

Same here! I used Sidious lead, Maul Savage Vader and Kylo for all three tiers
  • Options
    This is my favorite event by a long shot so far, a lot of fun to play with pretty good rewards! I hope they continue to bring out content like this in the future.

Since this was for light side ships/pilots I wonder if they will run a dark side the same way, or are there too few ds for the event?
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Tamonizer wrote: »
    I use EP (L) GX, Vader GX, DookuGX, Phasma GX, and a 6* Gear VII Maul.

I had an easier time with Vader lead (no zeta) than Palpatine. If you are able to get Maul to T8 gear then that may be a big help. Saving cooldowns for final battle helps a lot. Hopefully you can have enough turn meter so that you can get Force Crush in, and Palpatine's AoE stun before yoda goes and gives everyone tenacity. THis was key for me. I tended to kill the main boss on each level and then mop everyone else up with Maul one shotting them, (T8 6*). Managed to do the bonus tier as well. Phasma's victory march was also helpful on the final battle. Maul's AoE was very helpful against some teams like Ima Gun Di since stagger prevented the counter attacks.

Good luck!