For the love of Han, plz increase Zeta drop rates

Prev1
+1 if you strikeout more often than not.
Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!

Replies

• Like 1 for 10 right now : /.
    +1
  • No.

Zetas are supposed to be expensive and rare.

Once everyone has them, they will be useless.
  • vector6000 wrote: »
    No.

There are plenty who grind them out of shipments so your argument is flawed. They're easily obtainable there. This is for those who have invested in the Zeta challenge, not everyone.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    vector6000 wrote: »
    No.

This ^^

With great power, comes horrible odds.

The system is designed so that you have to make the choice to buy them or farm ships. If the drop rate was better the choice becomes easier.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    No.

This ^^

The system is designed so that you have to make the choice to buy them or farm ships. If the drop rate was better the choice becomes easier.

You can just do both.

Not everyone has invested in the challenge, it makes no sense why rng is the basis of why 2 different people are seperated by a droprate. Others in my guild get 2/2 almost each attempt and thats great for them. Why am I punished because of luck?

Makes no sense for people to fall behind after they've completed all the requirements. Just another forced bottleneck for the unlucky majority.
    No.

Disagree. At first maybe. But now with all the reworks and new characters who all will probably have zetas, thendrop rate needs to increase or there needs to be another way to acquire them.

Case in point: FO squad needs 60 to be truly amazing (80 if you want to include kylos)
    Nihilus was just released: needs to 2 sets of zetas
    siths were reworked: Zid Zaul Zooku Zavage all need zetas
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    No.

This ^^

You can just do both.

Not everyone has invested in the challenge, it makes no sense why rng is the basis of why 2 different people are seperated by a droprate. Others in my guild get 2/2 almost each attempt and thats great for them. Why am I punished because of luck?

Makes no sense for people to fall behind after they've completed all the requirements. Just another forced bottleneck for the unlucky majority.

If 2 people are buying zetas every day and one is doing the challenges and the other is not, the person doing the challenges will get there first. 99.99% of the time.

Yes you may not beat them by a margin that you want but every move in this game is a gamble. We are all seperated by drop rates, mods, shards, gear...all seperate us by droprates.
  • Don't increase the zeta drop rate until I have I have my ships ready in August.

tumblr_nye1a8BFCN1uk9x9no1_r1_500.gif

• Eyi
    209 posts Member
    +1 if you strikeout more often than not.

The last 6 attempts .... 0 zetas : 3
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    If they want zeta upgrades to take this long, they should of increased the number of zetas required but make them guaranteed at least 1 drop. Just a psychology thing so we feel like we're not striking out.
    No.

This ^^

You can just do both.

If 2 people are buying zetas every day and one is doing the challenges and the other is not, the person doing the challenges will get there first. 99.99% of the time.

Yes you may not beat them by a margin that you want but every move in this game is a gamble. We are all seperated by drop rates, mods, shards, gear...all seperate us by droprates.

True, however all of those can be obtained in multiple locations with different currencies ingame or RL $. Zeta's are the only ones you cant. Its bull I lose out while others sail past in Arena because of zeta abilities.

There needs to be a fixed minimum from the challenge. Waiting over 2 months for a full Zeta (from challenge only, not supplemented by fleet shipments) is ridiculous.
  • I agree with OP and the suggestion here but most will just say we are millennial a who wants everything immediately without even reading and understanding our request :)
  • Tjbear02 wrote: »
    Like 1 for 10 right now : /.
    +1
    The shocking thing is, that's a good rate. I got none in my first 3 weeks of completing the challenge.
  • It varies. I've had none today. I might get two or three a week from the challenges if I'm lucky. I had no idea others have had worse drop rates and I think it's ridiculous. I don't see how it benefits EA or the players to make it stupidly low.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    No.

There are plenty who grind them out of shipments so your argument is flawed. They're easily obtainable there. This is for those who have invested in the Zeta challenge, not everyone.

No, his argument is not flawed. Buying them in shipments likely takes just as long so they maintain their rarity. If you're spending your fleet currency on zetas, then you arent buying ship blueprints which means your fleet wont maintain a good rank in the ship arena, which means you're getting less fleet currency.
  • Aglardae
    188 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    One of my guildmates didn't have a zeta drop from challenges for 3 and a half weeks. Is it logical? is it working as intended? I am sure only greedy and egoistic players are the only ones fine with this. I am not. This should not happen.
  • I feel your pain OP. 7/58. While some guild mates are getting at least 6 a week
  • ^ Agreed, it absolutely shouldn't. And it's not as if EA have anything to gain financially by making the drop rates low since there's no way of getting more zetas by spending. I'm ever so glad I went down the slow/steady FtP route to unlock that challenge (which can only be simmed six times a week anyway).
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Oh it's not that bad I have 7 so far after ONLY 7 weeks! I should have 20 by June, 1 per week is so generous we shoudn't complain.
  • +1
    No.

this

• Aero wrote: »
    If they want zeta upgrades to take this long, they should of increased the number of zetas required but make them guaranteed at least 1 drop. Just a psychology thing so we feel like we're not striking out.

I find this surprisingly relevant lol. I'd be all on-board for that approach. It really is a mind game thing.
    No.

This ^^

You can just do both.

True, however all of those can be obtained in multiple locations with different currencies ingame or RL $. Zeta's are the only ones you cant. Its bull I lose out while others sail past in Arena because of zeta abilities.

There needs to be a fixed minimum from the challenge. Waiting over 2 months for a full Zeta (from challenge only, not supplemented by fleet shipments) is ridiculous.

If you're losing out on arena because other people are sailing past you with zeta abilities then you're doing something wrong. I have yet to unlock the challenge and I have two zeta abilities. Supplementing your zeta farming by spending on shipments every few days is the way to go. It adds a layer of strategy to the game by making you really think about how to spend your ship currency
    No.

+1 This right here.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Everytime I see someone complain about zetas:

At least you weren't on vacation when ships came out, so then you were behind 2 days with no chance of ever making top 500.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
    No.

This ^^

You can just do both.

If you're losing out on arena because other people are sailing past you with zeta abilities then you're doing something wrong. I have yet to unlock the challenge and I have two zeta abilities. Supplementing your zeta farming by spending on shipments every few days is the way to go. It adds a layer of strategy to the game by making you really think about how to spend your ship currency

If and when they release a ship raid, I would be screwed. Long term is the only way to stay relevant. If I drop everything into zetas from fleet shipments there is no way I would remain in a Heroic guild that does ship raids. I would have invested everything into a 2 normal arena characters and have no ships built up other than the slow farm of GW.

My strategy is different, but I still feel vindicated in complaining that there is a horrible drop rate for most people.

Arena zeta characters > strategy. That was the point of them being released.. they're in another league, and are meant to have other zeta's to counter them.
  • Well I just completed the zeta challenge for the 1st time just now. I couldn't 3* them but I was 3/4. So very happy. Man was it tough though. I hate Mace's ship..
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No.

This ^^

You can just do both.

The point of the drop rate is to make you choose to farm ships in the fleet shipment or zeta. It's a hard choice but one we are all forced to make f2p ad p2p. Just like the lvl cap this is an equalizer.