Thoughts on Yoda lead with zeta?

"Jedi allies gain 30% Tenacity, gain 30% Turn Meter whenever they Resist a debuff, and whenever they suffer a debuff they gain Tenacity Up for 1 turn at the end of that turn."

Sith seem to almost all have debuffs. Shock, stun, daze, DOTs, heal immunity, etc.

Tenacity up via Yoda lead and Yoda's meditation will stop almost all debuffs and give 30% TM for each.

Had anyone tried this vs the new ZMaul Emp Sid Vader DH type teams?

Replies

• Options
    Tenacity doesnt work and AI is totally rigged with potency and tenacity.
    But Battle meditation and 30% TM should be great, i'm also thinking about it.
    You need a fast Yoda, 250+ against Tie Fighter.
  • Options
    five2zero wrote: »

The lead gives tenacity up for one turn if you suffer a debuff.

Tenacity up makes you resist all debuffs. Can't rig that.
  • Options

The lead gives tenacity up for one turn if you suffer a debuff.

Tenacity up makes you resist all debuffs. Can't rig that.

But the debuffs will land first before tenacity up. And assuming the fastest is TFP, he's gonna drop buff immunity on most of your team, so no tenacity up

Best strategy is to load yoda with speed
  • Options
    Because he gains foresight from his basic and zeta special it may not have the best synergy with his zeta leader ability, since foresight usually prevents debuffs from being inflicted. I kind of wish it included "whenever they resist or dodge a debuff"
  • Options
    I think a zQGJ with Yoda is best bet. The rest of the team doesn't even have to be Jedi. Add Wiggs & Baze or Palp Boba and Shore. Or whoever. Yoda goes and all allies get foresight + tenacity. QGJ then goes and dispels Shore or Baze. That frees up the last 2-3 to wreck. Idk that was just a thought I had. Trying to figure out my first zeta..
  • Options
    DarthApok wrote: »
    I think a zQGJ with Yoda is best bet. The rest of the team doesn't even have to be Jedi. Add Wiggs & Baze or Palp Boba and Shore. Or whoever. Yoda goes and all allies get foresight + tenacity. QGJ then goes and dispels Shore or Baze. That frees up the last 2-3 to wreck. Idk that was just a thought I had. Trying to figure out my first zeta..

ZQGJ teams are not doing well vs ZMaul teams.

It sounds good but doesn't work. Mostly because Yoda will not ever go first. The ZMaul 20% TM is too much.

• Options

It sounds good but doesn't work. Mostly because Yoda will not ever go first. The ZMaul 20% TM is too much.

Gross generalization. I run a zQgj with zYoda and do just fine.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    If it gave everyone tenacity up at the start of the encounter then it would actually be useful. As it is, Sith will still move first and debuff you.
  • Options

I'm not saying it's the best team comp in the world, just that it's probably the best way to go with a Yoda.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    If it gave everyone tenacity up at the start of the encounter then it would actually be useful. As it is, Sith will still move first and debuff you.

Especially if you make maul go first, with daze on the leadership is useless
  • Level_Padawan
    225 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Peempo wrote: »

Can you provide link to your swgoh.gg profile?

I run yoda (263 speed with bonus)under zqgj and I'm currently having a VERY hard time-and that's an understatement-against zauls.I'm close to my 2nd zeta and seriously considering to give it to yoda,does it make a difference?

I'm 2+ months away from gk,we have just completed our 3rd heroic so no chance of throwing him there soon :/

EDIT;Never mind I found you GK plays an important role I guess.if you could provide any advice on zeta battle meditation I'd appreciate it mate
  • Options

What is the rest of your team?
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    Zooey wrote: »

Especially if you make maul go first, with daze on the leadership is useless

How to make Maul first, he is too slow.
    100 Base, against 157 Yoda
  • Options
    I believe Yoda lead will be a good counter to Maul lead. That will be an insane amount of TM gain. Ayala fits well in there too because of all the AOE and she can counter/stun. GK is obviously a must. Not sure who the other 2 should be. Barris certainly would be a good option. So would the Anakin/Snips combo. Although the AI will be dumb and use Anakins AOE when the sith have stealth and can't be crit. I'm thinking QCJ and Barriss would be better as the final 2. Or
  • Options

I run yoda (263 speed with bonus)under zqgj and I'm currently having a VERY hard time-and that's an understatement-against zauls.I'm close to my 2nd zeta and seriously considering to give it to yoda,does it make a difference?

I'm 2+ months away from gk,we have just completed our 3rd heroic so no chance of throwing him there soon :/

EDIT;Never mind I found you GK plays an important role I guess.if you could provide any advice on zeta battle meditation I'd appreciate it mate

Zeta battle meditation is great. The lower cooldown is really important and gives yoda a lot more viability outside zQGJ teams (in case you want to try something different). Would recommend if you're using Jedi
  • Options

I've been running that idea. It works ok. Will keep it until I figure out what I actually want to go for next.....
  • Options

What is the rest of your team?

Aayla, Anakin and GK.
  • Options

Yeah GK is a big part of it, hes like a Swiss army knife. Zeta battle meditation is nice though I feel it's necessary if you're running all Jedi