Jedi need a sith counter.

Sith absolutely own Jedi. Sidious is amazing at dodging and Dooku just runs wild with multiple attacks and stunning them. I am having so many problems in galactic war cause every match has a sidious and dooku combo. I am trying to get more non Jedi characters leveled to counter the sith combo but it's ridiculous.

Replies

• The answer Yoda is.
  • And yet 4 of the best/better GW characters are Jedi. :wink: (Bariss, Lumi, JC, QGJ)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • We don't have Jedi Knight Luke or Yoda yet. I feel good about them having some anti-Sith synergies :)
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • And yet 4 of the best/better GW characters are Jedi. :wink: (Bariss, Lumi, JC, QGJ)
    true
  • Bill
    53 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I don't have Bariss sadly. And yet I don't see how that response answered my question of getting a Jedi counter to sith if the Jedi you mentioned are stunned or have healing immunity. I know Bariss can use her one heaI but that is only 1 heal.
  • Jedi have the synergy Sith have the counters. There is no need for sith counters for this reason. Sith are no stronger together than any other group of characters.
  • 1 heal is better than no heal, alas these are still not Sith counters. I'm hoping the new releases turn out to be Sith counters because as much as I love the Sith I'd like to see some other teams in arena.
  • Bill
    53 posts Member
    If I have 2 Jedi on my team and they have Dooku and Sidiuous on there team I guarantee I'd lose 99% of the time.
  • Healing Immunity + Sadistic Glee is why you obviously take out Sid first, closely followed by Dooku before he gets to Force Lightning you a second time. The best counter to both are your own Sid, ironically, and the Retreat button. In the Arena it's more about stopping Dooku's speedy haul of attacks.

All in all, most Sith are squishy fellas unless highly starred and leveled.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Sith kill order: Maul > Sid > Dooku

Maul in first in most cases because you should be able to 1 shot him.
    Sid second because of healing immunity.
    Dooku, I generally kill him last or close to it, since he really isn't that much trouble.

Also, as nice as it is to run full synergy teams, the game doesn't reward you enough for it. I am at the point where I could have a full Jedi team, but choose not to because it is advantageous not to.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Sidious is ok but Dooku n old Daka really bug me, my team's made of some seriously high damage attackers (6star Sidious n Kylo Ren, 5star Lumi n 4star Vader n RP) if your team is made of heavy attackers I suggest storming n beating the most annoying character at the first round so they don't get more than a single turn. This works out against Daka, I suggest you attack Dooku last n go for the best attacker in the enemy team after Daka (If Daka isn't in the enemy team just beat the best attacker your opponent has). I know Dooku looks annoying n is really fast but his regular attack doesn't do that much damage.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Sidious' dodge bonus vs Jedi just needs to be halved. It doesn't matter how squishy a toon is when it can evade 4+ attacks in a row. Sidious' leadership ability is reason enough to run him on a team. Coupled with the most reliable heal immunity debuff in the game there is zero need to buff his dodge to make him a viable and desirable toon.

Dooku is fine. He's fairly well balanced and is very squishy.

Sith in general are not op. But Sidious singlehandedly makes all Jedi a liability. His ability to dodge numerous consecutive attacks means a game breaking amount of damage can be lost. Balance this and you'll see Jedi come back to the arena.
  • Telaan wrote: »
    Sidious' dodge bonus vs Jedi just needs to be halved. It doesn't matter how squishy a toon is when it can evade 4+ attacks in a row. Sidious' leadership ability is reason enough to run him on a team. Coupled with the most reliable heal immunity debuff in the game there is zero need to buff his dodge to make him a viable and desirable toon.

Dooku is fine. He's fairly well balanced and is very squishy.

Sith in general are not op. But Sidious singlehandedly makes all Jedi a liability. His ability to dodge numerous consecutive attacks means a game breaking amount of damage can be lost. Balance this and you'll see Jedi come back to the arena.

You do know QGJ has a better chance to dodge anyone than Sidious has to dodge Jedi? Sidious is quickly becoming a good but not great character. Even against Jedi.
  • Jedi Luke was the real Sith killer, not Yoda. In fact Yoda failed to kill Sidious.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • fberbert wrote: »
    Jedi Luke was the real Sith killer, not Yoda. In fact Yoda failed to kill Sidious.

Has nothing to do with the game though.
  • @fberbert
    So who did Jedi Luke kill on the Sith side? Let's see, there were 2 in his trilogy.
    So Darth Vader threw Darth Sidious down in some deep shaft and because he was injured (and with all the lightning going through him) he died where Luke wanted to get him off the Death Star that was blowing up (again).
    If there is anyone in Star Wars (canon) that killed Sith it's Obi Wan and Anakin.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @fberbert
    So who did Jedi Luke kill on the Sith side? Let's see, there were 2 in his trilogy.
    So Darth Vader threw Darth Sidious down in some deep shaft and because he was injured (and with all the lightning going through him) he died where Luke wanted to get him off the Death Star that was blowing up (again).
    If there is anyone in Star Wars (canon) that killed Sith it's Obi Wan and Anakin.

I misspelled. When I wrote kill, I mean defeat. Luke has a victory against 2 SITHs.

The young Obi could be too, killed Maul. But he could fit as the counter to Grievous.

Anakin is already in the game. No special skils against sith here.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • fberbert wrote: »
    @fberbert

I misspelled. When I wrote kill, I mean defeat. Luke has a victory against 2 SITHs.

The young Obi could be too, killed Maul. But he could fit as the counter to Grievous.

Obi-wan didn't kill Maul.
  • pay2win wrote: »
    fberbert wrote: »
    @fberbert

Obi-wan didn't kill Maul.

lol it is true man... i didn't know that.
  • Sith are their own counter, the seem to keep killing themselves. :|
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    Sith are their own counter, the seem to keep killing themselves. :|

True, it's part of the lore actually. Young Sith apprentices generally "replace" their masters when their training is completed.

• All in all, most Sith are squishy fellas unless highly starred and leveled.

Which most are at this point.
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Bill wrote: »
    Sith absolutely own Jedi. Sidious is amazing at dodging and Dooku just runs wild with multiple attacks and stunning them. I am having so many problems in galactic war cause every match has a sidious and dooku combo. I am trying to get more non Jedi characters leveled to counter the sith combo but it's ridiculous.

qgj 2nd special on dooku...GG. Granted if it's a player going against you, he'd probably stun your qgj.