Buff Immunity & on hit buffs on a target.

anonidude
703 posts Member
edited February 2017
I would have thought that when a toon inflicts buff immunity then this would be applied to the target before processing any on hit buffs.

If we look at b2's special 'mow down' it says:
deal physical damage & dispell all positive effects on them with a 65% chance to inflict buff immunity for 2 turns (applied before damage).

So riddle me this why does using b2's special on sith under a zMaul lead result in sith being stealthed and with buff immunity? So from my reading of the ability the following should happen in order

1 attack resolves as hit or evade - on evade go stealth
2 on hit apply dispell and resolve buff immunity
3 on hit resolve critical hit and apply physical damage

So if it misses then sith should go stealth and gain tm - all good. But if it didnt hit no buff immunity.

If it hits it should dispell, resolve whether buff immunity will proc. So at this point we should see dispell all buffs and buff immunity on 65% of targets. Then resolve the crit hit proc where if crit the stealth buff cannot apply over buff immunity.

So unless i am missing something having buff immunity and stealth should be mutually exclusive after b2 does his special?

Same thing happens with Jka and i suppose others who can apply buff immunity.

So is this a bug or is it WAI
| ANZGC | Exile |

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I think WAI. I have seen it but if you work through it it makes sense.

On a crit hit
    - B2 hits and dispells as 1 action, first action
    - Reaction to the hit, stealth or advantage if stealthed
    - then b2 second action applies buff immunity
  • anonidude
    703 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Kyno wrote: »
    I think WAI. I have seen it but if you work through it it makes sense.

On a crit hit
    - B2 hits and dispells as 1 action, first action
    - Reaction to the hit, stealth or advantage if stealthed
    - then b2 second action applies buff immunity

But it says in the ability the effects (buff immunity) are "applied before damage"?

Thats what makes me think it should be applied before the damage is resolved. How would you know what the damage amount or type is going to be before applying the buff immunity.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    That is true my bad.

Maybe report it and we can see what happens
  • Seems bugged because EP shock applies before savage.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Ok I'll post it in there
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • I hadnt thought of that one @Supercat but its true as well.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    I haven't used b2 vs Zaul. But him and tfp are the only ones that apply bi before damage. So if they are getting bi and stealth that would definitely be a bug with something. Might be dodging the dispel and then getting the buff immunity which on another thread about dispel I am pretty sure @CG_Kozispoon said dodge should be all or nothing.

Jka, cassian and krennic all apply bi after damage, not sure if wai, so seeing stealth and bi vs them would be expected.
  • I have the same observation with savage.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I see more often the BI and advantage. I can't remember if I've seen stealth and BI.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    I see more often the BI and advantage. I can't remember if I've seen stealth and BI.

That I think because they both apply at same time from different mechanics.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »

Kinda makes sense but BI should happen first (stated before damage) then damage and dispell. This loss of stealth would then result in an attempt to grant advantage that should then be blocked. But I don't know the details on the order of operations.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member

Kinda makes sense but BI should happen first (stated before damage) then damage and dispell. This loss of stealth would then result in an attempt to grant advantage that should then be blocked. But I don't know the details on the order of operations.

Yeah I think the issue is that
    Dispel happens first (that has at least been one consistent thing in this game since the change a while back, dispel before damage. )
    Because of dispel sith gain advantage which is same point in time bi applies so they both happen.

Then damage occurs.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Yeah I think the issue is that
    Dispel happens first (that has at least been one consistent thing in this game since the change a while back, dispel before damage. )
    Because of dispel sith gain advantage which is same point in time bi applies so they both happen.

Then damage occurs.

Ok, good to know.