Things AI shouldn't do

AI is improving but there are still a lot of stuffs that AI is not enough clever to avoid. So, I would like that some behaviours are corrected.

* QGJ or Mace wanted to dispell a foresight
* Yoda trying to apply BM with Buff Immunity
* Leia using Rebel Tactics with Shock or Buff Immunity
* In general, the healers wanted to reheal toons having Heal Immunity.

All of that is known, I want just to enlighten them again for DEVs.

Replies

  • yeah make AI unbeatable! you are right!!! Mister BulYwif the game is fun cause' you can beat others and not because your AI will own the arena
  • This thread could also be titled:

    Things that make arena and GW easier
  • MrfarNhigh wrote: »
    yeah make AI unbeatable! you are right!!! Mister BulYwif the game is fun cause' you can beat others and not because your AI will own the arena

    You're right. Let the AI to those dummy stuff, so we can easily lose on defense in arena, nice post @MrfarNhigh , so unuseful
  • This thread could also be titled:

    Things that make arena and GW easier

    This thread in mainly for having a better defense in arena.
  • I vie for top 5 in arena and I can assure the AI doesn't need to get any better against the teams I fight.
  • I vie for top 5 in arena and I can assure the AI doesn't need to get any better against the teams I fight.

    Because you think on offense. Moreover, fighting against a broken AI does not rely the real potential of your team since in that case, you will for sure lose if the team you are facing was a real player.
  • Ai should use the focus i usually use.. F.e. I always focus palps first.. Why does my ai start messing with fives,savage,rg, whatever tanks .. Let up players set a focus list
  • leef
    11957 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »
    I vie for top 5 in arena and I can assure the AI doesn't need to get any better against the teams I fight.

    Because you think on offense. Moreover, fighting against a broken AI does not rely the real potential of your team since in that case, you will for sure lose if the team you are facing was a real player.

    that's the point he is trying to make obviously. AI is intentionally bad so players can win on offence. Imagine AI being good, now imagine all the "character x is OP and needs a nerf" posts because of this.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Part of the skill in the game is knowing what silly things the comp does like getting them to waste specials.
  • My chirrut goes first and applies tenacity up to everyone. Then laugh as the AI controlled tfp, boba, EP and Vader all blow their AoE specials trying to apply their debuffs!
  • Part of the skill in the game is knowing what silly things the comp does like getting them to waste specials.

    +1
    I vie for top 5 in arena and I can assure the AI doesn't need to get any better against the teams I fight.

    +1
  • leef
    11957 posts Member
    AbyssalH wrote: »
    Ai should use the focus i usually use.. F.e. I always focus palps first.. Why does my ai start messing with fives,savage,rg, whatever tanks .. Let up players set a focus list

    fyi, if they implement that change droids will probably start losing ALOT on offence and won't all of a sudden start winning on defence.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I kinda agree with BulYwif, make toons behave how you would play them. Only difference should be the player probably chose targets more wisely. Now defence teams have disadvantages like QGJ wasted by removing foresight and weird advantages like Zeta Maul giving +80% evasion instead of +20%.
  • leef wrote: »
    AbyssalH wrote: »
    Ai should use the focus i usually use.. F.e. I always focus palps first.. Why does my ai start messing with fives,savage,rg, whatever tanks .. Let up players set a focus list

    fyi, if they implement that change droids will probably start losing ALOT on offence and won't all of a sudden start winning on defence.

    U dont have to set a focus.. Just for those squads u need :D
  • When you run a Jedi team, and when you know that your Yoda will apply BM after TFP's AoE or your QGJ will try to dispell TFP's foresight, it has nothing to do with a strong AI or an unbeatable AI, just an AI that makes something more reliable to make your team a bit better on defense.
  • Chewie_says_Aaarww
    753 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    BulYwif wrote: »
    When you run a Jedi team, and when you know that your Yoda will apply BM after TFP's AoE or your QGJ will try to dispell TFP's foresight, it has nothing to do with a strong AI or an unbeatable AI, just an AI that makes something more reliable to make your team a bit better on defense.

    True, in my shard there is a Yoda with 288 speed in the team of QGJ (L), Aayla, GK, and Plo Koon. Very, very hard to beat. I wish my droids would focus on EP or TFP when I face empire squads, that way, I'll probably drop a little less over night.

    On offence they are great, usually I'm able to take out EP and TFP :) before the enemy gets a turn.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    MrfarNhigh wrote: »
    yeah make AI unbeatable! you are right!!! Mister BulYwif the game is fun cause' you can beat others and not because your AI will own the arena

    You're right. Let the AI to those dummy stuff, so we can easily lose on defense in arena, nice post @MrfarNhigh , so unuseful
    I vie for top 5 in arena and I can assure the AI doesn't need to get any better against the teams I fight.

    I haven't fought a QGJ, Mace, Yoda, or Leia in arena in a long time. QGJ and Yoda were the most recent because someone tried to use a zQGJ and it worked out horrendously for him. In fact, if I could I would target that team every time because it was an easy win and not because of the poor ai.

    I understand your point and I can read between the lines. You want ai to do what you do. So do I. But I would lose a lot more on offense. You think your team is op. It's not. Not if you're using any of the characters you've listed. If you are then I would suggest changing your team comp. You think your team should hold on defense and you wouldn't have to work so hard to get back to where you want to be. So does everyone else. There are some teams that drop less than others. If you don't want to work so hard then find out what those teams are.

    If you really are using those toons in arena then I would assume you are on a younger arena shard and you might have to use them because they're easy to get. If you're in a mature shard and you're using them then you have some serious farming issues. As Gaidal_Cain said, if the toons I face daily had better ai, then I would be in some serious trouble. I wish, I really wish I could have face QGJ, Yoda, Mace, and Leia and have them waste a turn.
  • No no no..... Look at yoda from the jedi event.. Do you want him to be better than he already is?? AI should always be beatable
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    No no no..... Look at yoda from the jedi event.. Do you want him to be better than he already is?? AI should always be beatable

    I don't want an unbeatable AI since I have to fight against that AI too. I just want that this AI is thinking a bit better to avoid applying, again for example, BM for Yoda whereas he has Buff Immunity.

    I don't play Jedis now in arena (except JKA), but I plan to since I like Jedis. I started to farm zeta and it will still be a long time before I have 20 of them.

    Also I drop a lot in arena but I don't care, it's not about that, it's all about stupid choice AI can do on simple rules. I don't ask AI to play as an human being of course, we still need advantages, but just correct some logical broken stuffs.
  • actually I saw this in B&I once, and a dev said:
    JC won't get changed because he has a % chance to gain TM and other stuff like it.
    What?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
Sign In or Register to comment.