Why do we hate Rebels so much(TV show)

Prev1345678
Why? (Other than the helicopter lightsabers which i admit is terrible)

Replies

• swgohfan29 wrote: »

You haven't seen new season I am assuming. It is quite good now. I wasn't sold on the early seasons and gave up until Ahsoka returned. And now this season has been knocked up a notch and is waaaay better. And ya helicopter lightsabers :neutral:
  • Forgot to mention. Zed/zeb whatever his name is. (The wookie stand-in) is rarely on screen!
  • Characters are terribly cliche, light saber design, the rework or a lot of canon (something I'm bitter about with Star Wars as a whole, not necessarily rebels).

The first couple seasons were horribly kid friendly as opposed to clone wars which could also appeal to adults (im 27). But I'll admit I've seen a few newer episodes and I can at least watch without getting bored.

I think the idea of inquisitors is just stupid and they are bath vey forgettable and I never felt like they had the gravitas of a true sith or enemy figure.

Maul- he should be dead. Let it go! Also a Star Wars as a whole problem, not rebels exactly
  • I loved S1&2. 2 was better (Ahsoka!), but I had no issue with season 1. I enjoyed the characters, the stories, and just accepted it was more oriented towards kids than CW. Is CW better? Yes. But CW is one of my favourite shows, period. But is Rebels worth watching? Definitely. Once S3 is on DVD I'll watch that too. (Thrawn!!)

I was originally upset when TFA came out about the rework of canon. I spent 20 years of my life with the Expanded Universe being my Star Wars. But I've given the new canon a chance, and the new books really create an interesting story (The Aftermath Trilogy is really good). Is it as good as the Expanded Universe? No, but it's still worth reading.
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Lithalan wrote: »
    I loved S1&2. 2 was better (Ahsoka!), but I had no issue with season 1. I enjoyed the characters, the stories, and just accepted it was more oriented towards kids than CW. Is CW better? Yes. But CW is one of my favourite shows, period. But is Rebels worth watching? Definitely. Once S3 is on DVD I'll watch that too. (Thrawn!!)

I was originally upset when TFA came out about the rework of canon. I spent 20 years of my life with the Expanded Universe being my Star Wars. But I've given the new canon a chance, and the new books really create an interesting story (The Aftermath Trilogy is really good). Is it as good as the Expanded Universe? No, but it's still worth reading.

I'm reading book 3 now... but I thought the first two were just, not great. The characters weren't very interesting and the writing style as a whole read like bad fanfiction to me (especially Han Solo appearances).

I really liked Catalyst though (the Rogue One prequel).

• Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Characters are terribly cliche, light saber design, the rework or a lot of canon (something I'm bitter about with Star Wars as a whole, not necessarily rebels).

The first couple seasons were horribly kid friendly as opposed to clone wars which could also appeal to adults (im 27). But I'll admit I've seen a few newer episodes and I can at least watch without getting bored.

I think the idea of inquisitors is just **** and they are bath vey forgettable and I never felt like they had the gravitas of a true sith or enemy figure.

Maul- he should be dead. Let it go! Also a Star Wars as a whole problem, not rebels exactly

It's bad.

Other points:
    1. Why does Sabine, an unaccomplished, fail "mandolorian" get the DarkSaber (which maul had)?
    2. Why do they always win?
    3. Why are the empire dumb?
    4. Why does Ahsoka fight for the rebels even though she said she has no side??????????????
    5. Why did they canonize clone mindchips?
    6. Why was trash in rogue one?
    7. When will Disney get an original idea?
    8. When will Sith Lord Jar Jar actually be used (much better than what they currently do)
    9. A lightSABER cannot fire BLASTER bolts.
    10. KANAN isn't a JEDI, he is a PADAWAN.
    Post edited by Supercat on
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Simply, its just boring to watch. Its amazing how much of a die hard SW fan I am, yet I cant even sit to watch a single episode without feeling anything really.

The story line is garbage, Ezra a jedi really? Its a show about "Rebels." They just couldnt keep an audience of small children (Disney) without throwing in over the top ridiculous things like "Lightsaber Helicopters" as mentioned before.

The character development is awful, I feel no connection to any of them, other than those rehashed from Clone Wars. The animation is hard to overcome on its own. It appears as sloppy and drawn by a child. None of the characters are cool by even nerd standards.

The show was brought back from the dead by characters from Clone Wars and then Rogue One. It couldn't stand alone without help. Disney's only objective as far as I can speculate is to ruin Star Wars Canon so they can push their Hasbro Agenda to keep raking in the $4Billion in sales each year on children's toys.
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!
  • Lithalan wrote: »
    I loved S1&2. 2 was better (Ahsoka!), but I had no issue with season 1. I enjoyed the characters, the stories, and just accepted it was more oriented towards kids than CW. Is CW better? Yes. But CW is one of my favourite shows, period. But is Rebels worth watching? Definitely. Once S3 is on DVD I'll watch that too. (Thrawn!!)

You shouldn't have to read a book to understand movies.

I get that Rebels and TFA might be great IF I read the books, but I shouldn't spend more money just for people to explain movie plot holes and fails.

(A parsec is a distance lol hire someone who knows about measures. What next? You win make the fasted sandwich in 2 liters??)
  • Supercat wrote: »
    Characters are terribly cliche, light saber design, the rework or a lot of canon (something I'm bitter about with Star Wars as a whole, not necessarily rebels).

I think the idea of inquisitors is just **** and they are bath vey forgettable and I never felt like they had the gravitas of a true sith or enemy figure.

It's bad.

Other points:
    1. Why does Sabine, an unaccomplished, fail "mandolorian" get the DarkSaber (which maul had)?
    4. Why does Ahsoka fight for the rebels even though she said she has no side??????????????
    6. Why was trash in rouge one?
    8. When will Sith Lord Jar Jar actually be used (much better than what they currently do)

Watch new season lots of these complaints have been fixed except for 7-10. One word, Thrawn.
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    Supercat wrote: »

It's bad.

Other points:

Watch new season lots of these complaints have been fixed except for 7-10. One word, Thrawn.

Lots except half. Lol.

They can't fix: 5, 1, 3.
    And you said they didn't fix 7-10.

1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 = 7/10 which equals more than half...

Because they didn't have a trash compactor nearby???
    (Really don't understand this one)
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited February 2017

Because they didn't have a trash compactor nearby???
    (Really don't understand this one)

Why was rebels in rouge one (rebels is trash).

PS:
    The Death Star plans were made in AOTC
  • Look at it this way. If it weren't for Disney, Star Wars would be dead except for EU books.
  • So you are asking why the ship (Ghost) & droid (Chopper) were in Rogue One?
    Or are you asking why the Rebellion exists in Rogue One?

(Still not clear)

And yes, the plans existed in AOTC. Given to Dooku by Poggle...but that was all math. Concept.
    By the end of ROTS it was in early stages of construction, but I think that as the project proceeded they found that they had technical issues with the main weapon - hence the Erso storyline.
    Frankly I didn't have a probelm with that.
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Tannjam wrote: »
    I'm reading book 3 now... but I thought the first two were just, not great. The characters weren't very interesting and the writing style as a whole read like bad fanfiction to me (especially Han Solo appearances).

I really liked Catalyst though (the Rogue One prequel).

I find the writing different, but I actually find the characters very interesting. But I agree, Catalyst was really good.

You shouldn't have to read a book to understand movies.

I get that Rebels and TFA might be great IF I read the books, but I shouldn't spend more money just for people to explain movie plot holes and fails.

(A parsec is a distance lol hire someone who knows about measures. What next? You win make the fasted sandwich in 2 liters??)

"Shouldn't" implies one correct way to enjoy or interpret something. Star Wars has always been literary to me, so the books are almost essential to my personal enjoyment. It's not a matter of spending more money. I love reading. I read voraciously. So Star Wars to me will always be the sum total of movies and books, even some comic books.

So if it's not that for you, that's cool, and if you enjoy finding holes in the movies, that's also cool. I do that sometimes too (parsec being a glaring one). To each their own.

• Ryzak620 wrote: »
    Look at it this way. If it weren't for Disney, Star Wars would be dead except for EU books.

Sorry to point this out, not really, but that statement is false.

SWTCW had season 7&8 planned, canceled by Disney, and the last 7 episodes of season 6.
    There was another series coming out with 39 episodes already filmed, canceled by Disney. (Detours)
    Lucas had plans for 7, 8 and 9, you guessed it, canceled and replaced by Disney.

Numerous games, gone.

A Star Wars live action show with 50 episodes scripted.

Ryzak620 wrote: »
    Look at it this way. If it weren't for Disney, Star Wars would be dead except for EU books.

Sorry to point this out, not really, but that statement is false.

SWTCW had season 7&8 planned, canceled by Disney, and the last 7 episodes of season 6.
    There was another series coming out with 39 episodes already filmed, canceled by Disney. (Detours)
    Lucas had plans for 7, 8 and 9, you guessed it, canceled and replaced by Disney.

Numerous games, gone.

A Star Wars live action show with 50 episodes scripted.

Yup
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!
  • The reason why I hate Rebels so much is because of how happy it is.

You mean to tell me in the darkest era of Star Wars (Episode 3-4) has happy endings?

Not only that, Ezra survives a Vader enconter...twice. He has no force wall so he should be dead.

And have you seen how hideous the animation could be? I mean, look at Anakin and compare the two from TCW and Rebels.

Plus SWGOH has made my love for Rebels die.
    warmonkey wrote: »

It's bad.

Other points:

Lots except half. Lol.

They can't fix: 5, 1, 3.
    And you said they didn't fix 7-10.

1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 = 7/10 which equals more than half...

"Lots" is a relative term I suppose lmao

It's bad.

Other points:

So you say that rebels are all jedis??

1) Why do you make such weird complaints?
  • Gamorrean wrote: »

It's bad.

Other points:

So you say that rebels are all jedis??

1) Why do you make such weird complaints?

I never said they were all Jedi, and what weird complaints?

It's bad.

Other points:

5,9,10. Amen
  • SlyBeats
    78 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Rebels suck and it always has $ucked! They realised it was trash compared to The clone wars hence why they started to incorporate characters from the clone wars (Ashoka, Rex, Maul) and other objects like dark saber. It has only gotten better now because of the clone wars integration of characters and previous storylines like the dark saber. Season 1 $ucked as and they realised their "original" show $ucked so they are now bringing back clone wars characters which is why it sucks less now.
    seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$
  • What's this "we" stuff? Do you have a **** in your pocket? I think rebels is great personally, great new stories and characters. Only thing I don't like is the light saber helicopters though.
  • SlyBeats wrote: »
    Rebels suck and it always has $ucked! They realised it was trash compared to The clone wars hence why they started to incorporate characters from the clone wars (Ashoka, Rex, Maul) and other objects like dark saber. It has only gotten better now because of the clone wars integration of characters and previous storylines like the dark saber. Season 1 $ucked as and they realised their "original" show $ucked so they are now bringing back clone wars characters which is why it sucks less now.

Ahsoka showing up worked on me. I had given up during season one until she came back. Then after she left again I actually stopped watching till the finale with vader. Then I was hooked. Then it wasn't so good again but since it's come back with Thrawn is is like another show
  • Lucas certainly had ideas for 7-9, but he was never going to do anything with them. He'd been sitting on them for decades. Especially since how all the "fanboys" trashed the prequels he had no desire to go through that again.

There were many things that were in the planning stages, just like the 1313 game that never happened, but the likelihood of those ever being made was slim to none. I didn't know about CW and the other 39 episode thing though.

Maybe I exaggerated when I said dead, but I still stand by that the movies would not be happening now if Disney hadn't bought it out. There was no other reason for Lucas to sell it if he wasn't done.
  • My kid started watching the Clone Wars Series and my wife and I were hooked right in as well. Then this Rebels c**p came out and, maybe it gets better, but we watched two episodes and were done.

Clone wars had a certain je ne sais quoi that could appeal to just about anyone, Disney's Rebels is just fluffy.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Because it's for kids and people refuse to accept thungs that are made for any age cohort other than their own.

Nevermind, of course, that every single piece of Star Wars has been for kids, and that they liked it when they were kids...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member

It's bad.

Other points:

1. Finders keepers
    2. Because its a children's TV show and it has to go on
    3. Only until season 3
    4. Because she still does what she thinks is right
    5. Because order 66 makes absolutely no sense in the prequels (and they were already canon bc of CW)
    6. Dont know what you're saying
    7. They stick to what people have liked in the past. But there are still plenty of original characters.
    8. Dont be a troll
    9. Says who? You dont get to complain about disney not having original ideas then complain when they add something new. Pick one
    10. Yes, kanan wasn't a jedi knight when the order fell and it makes him an interesting character. When hes teaching ezra he makes mistakes because he isnt some jedi master. Hes just a run of the mill jedi without crazy special abilities. This makes him an engaging character. Even if you dont like him, i fail to see how mentioning a fact about his character is a criticism of the show.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    I like it. Maybe more than clone wars. Even the portrayal of Thrawn has been received positively by EU fans

Honestly i think its just this forum. People have their elitist star wars fans attitudes and are probably the same ones that thought the prequels shoupdn't count until clone wars tv show changed their minds.

There are a couple reasonable complaints though. Skinny lightsabers, Vader looks and sounds kinda weird, stories where they barely get away from empire got old (S3 is better about not having these), animation is not as good as clone wars (lower budget, so that's expected)

But overall it is great, and most of them will come around eventually, just like the toons will be added eventually