5th toon under Zaul: zkylo or zsidious?

Prev1
Planning to run Zeta Maul, Palpatine, Kenobi, zeta boba, and one of zeta kylo or zeta sidious.

Would love any thoughts on who would be the better 5th toon here.

Cheers all!

Replies

• Nihilus for the win. Join the million others!
  • Ava_Kdizzle
    844 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Lmao, I am tempted, but I'm gonna wait for now. I've fought a nihilus and he didn't do that much against me, so I figured one of these two would be my pet project while waiting for nihilus to be more readily available.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Sidious gets zaul lead buffs
  • Maybe Shore can be viable
  • When I switched to zMaul, I had Sid and Kylo both g9. I tried some battles with each and found Kylo to be better at that point, especially against Zader teams. I don't have the zetas to give to either yet, but my current plan is for them to go to Kylo.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Zou zhould zo zith Zidious zince Zidious zs z zith znd Zylo zsn't.
  • I'm trying to make the same decision. I've been sitting on a zeta for 2 weeks now trying to decide lol
  • Nikka488 wrote: »
    I'm trying to make the same decision. I've been sitting on a zeta for 2 weeks now trying to decide lol

Ha! Love it. I am leaning slightly towards kylo since I think he has more general utility and may be more useful on defense, but I am definitely still undecided.
  • Zavage!!
    Savage Opress got a great zeta ability that works great in a sith squad.
    Right now I run zaul/ep/zooku/zader/gk
    Vader is actually really good after his recesbt damage buffs plus his 90% AB now..
    I will switch out Vader for Zavage soon and expect for the team to stay alive longer!!
    Get first daily
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Nikka488 wrote: »
    I'm trying to make the same decision. I've been sitting on a zeta for 2 weeks now trying to decide lol

And then you accidentally put it on some other toon thinking you give him an omega.
  • Running zMaul palp Vader nihlus and b2. It totally wrecks.
  • I've personally wanted to see a Zaul, Nihilus, Zid, GK, Zylo team. The three sith would be pretty protected through Stealth, Nihilus and Zid have decent health pools so they won't be as easy to kill as EP, GK can taunt but most people won't want to attack him, but their only other choice would be to attack Kylo and Kylo will certainly punish you for attacking him. Of course this variation could work a lot of ways, maybe even taking GK out for EP, but GK is a great character to have in there.

For Zaul, EP, GK, Boba Zett, I would personally say Zid. I think Zaul lead really needs 3 or 4 sith to work the best. Having only 2 sith takes away too much and gives your enemies just a little too much choosing in who to attack. While Kylo is a great character to have, I think using Sid would allow you to go first more often and also make them focus down on GK. I also don't really think Boba is the best choice for this squad, but that's just me and you probably have more need for his ability block than I do on my shard.
  • After the zeta abilities there will be the gamma
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    I've personally wanted to see a Zaul, Nihilus, Zid, GK, Zylo team. The three sith would be pretty protected through Stealth, Nihilus and Zid have decent health pools so they won't be as easy to kill as EP, GK can taunt but most people won't want to attack him, but their only other choice would be to attack Kylo and Kylo will certainly punish you for attacking him. Of course this variation could work a lot of ways, maybe even taking GK out for EP, but GK is a great character to have in there.

For Zaul, EP, GK, Boba Zett, I would personally say Zid. I think Zaul lead really needs 3 or 4 sith to work the best. Having only 2 sith takes away too much and gives your enemies just a little too much choosing in who to attack. While Kylo is a great character to have, I think using Sid would allow you to go first more often and also make them focus down on GK. I also don't really think Boba is the best choice for this squad, but that's just me and you probably have more need for his ability block than I do on my shard.

@Vertigo Very helpful response and much appreciated. I've been on top of my shard for the past few months, but it is getting tougher. I will have the first GK for reference. I do find that boba's ability block is very useful, but Nihilus would do the same and give enemy less options. That said, maybe its worth it to gear sidious or kylo instead of nihilus (who I have at 4* for the foreseeable future). Boba was my first zeta and it gives him a lot of survivability, plus he is very useful since literally every team in the top 10 uses boba and this lets me get rid of him without reviving.
  • Here is my swgoh, if it helps. Zetas so far are boba, cody, and maul in a couple days.

https://swgoh.gg/u/avakdizzle/
  • Sidious would guarantee that you go first, absent a Raid Han or a faster Sid also under Zaul. AOE expose would be hugely helpful as well. While I also recognize the utility of Boba, I think that the combo of Sid and Nihilus would be huge -- with the AOE expose, Nihilus can effectively ability block everyone, and it can't be resisted, unlike Boba's 80% chance, subject to tenacity. He also has a lot of survivability -- geared up, he has more protection than Kenobi.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    I've personally wanted to see a Zaul, Nihilus, Zid, GK, Zylo team. The three sith would be pretty protected through Stealth, Nihilus and Zid have decent health pools so they won't be as easy to kill as EP, GK can taunt but most people won't want to attack him, but their only other choice would be to attack Kylo and Kylo will certainly punish you for attacking him. Of course this variation could work a lot of ways, maybe even taking GK out for EP, but GK is a great character to have in there.

@Vertigo Very helpful response and much appreciated. I've been on top of my shard for the past few months, but it is getting tougher. I will have the first GK for reference. I do find that boba's ability block is very useful, but Nihilus would do the same and give enemy less options. That said, maybe its worth it to gear sidious or kylo instead of nihilus (who I have at 4* for the foreseeable future). Boba was my first zeta and it gives him a lot of survivability, plus he is very useful since literally every team in the top 10 uses boba and this lets me get rid of him without reviving.

Nihilus + Boba doesn't really work very well unless your enemies are slower than Boba and faster than Nihilus or slower than Nihilus and faster than Boba because otherwise you'll just be ability blocking characters with skills all on cooldown already. So if you're going to stick with Boba for the time being, I'd certainly recommend going for the Sidious Zeta. He's very fast, especially so with the Zeta Maul lead and if you have him followed up by EP or Boba that'll trigger the expose damage right away which will do a good chunk of damage right away. Plus his basic is 100% chance to apply healing immunity vs Kylo's 75% chance. So he can reliably prevent healing and protection recovery now as well which can help you stop zeta Kylos or zeta Jyn leads or zeta cody leads or other zeta'd bobas.

One thing Nihilus does bring that Boba won't is a consistent dispel, Boba has execute, but you probably don't want to use that to dispel taunts, Nihilus will do that with his Basic, and with GK he can gain retribution and counter and dispel on the counter attack. So I wouldn't totally neglect Nihilus and gearing him, but for the short term you should focus on having either Boba or Nihilus in your squad, but with the sith team I think Nihilus would be a better fit.
  • Yeah - absolutely love this idea and I have been thinking the same thing over. Boba and Nihilus are certainly pretty redundant and I wouldn't plan to use them together. Nihilus is such an easy gear that maybe I will go with him and replace Boba, but still not sure who my 5th would be then.

Zaul, palp, nihilus, GK, ??
  • Yeah - absolutely love this idea and I have been thinking the same thing over. Boba and Nihilus are certainly pretty redundant and I wouldn't plan to use them together. Nihilus is such an easy gear that maybe I will go with him and replace Boba, but still not sure who my 5th would be then.

Zaul, palp, nihilus, GK, ??

If you put Nihilus in then I think Kylo would be a nice addition, but Sid would also be a good choice. I feel it could really work either way just depends on who you face. Although if you go with 4 sith and GK, that basically makes GK's unique redundant in that they basically have to target him anyways, and him granting critical immunity when they're crit does the same thing as stealthing the sith. I think to get the most out of GK's unique Kylo would be a better choice, but then Gk can also grant Foresight, and Kylo having Foresight is also kind of unneeded as you want him to be hit. Could really go either way haha, but if you're using Boba I would vote Sidious personally.
  • Startomsto
    926 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Zaul, zid, ep, nihilus, zavage...
    Zid goes first and exposes, ep stuns and triggers expose, nihilus drains force... savage and nihilus can be lethal if they stay alive too long, zid is fast and applies heal immunity, nihilus dispels, maul dazes and hits hard, zavage hits like a truck and is very hard to stop.... that is my plan... but i am also working on assassin to help with speed as my mods are not best... will see who i prioritize :)
  • Startomsto wrote: »
    Zid goes first and exposes, ep stuns and triggers expose, nihilus drains force... savage and nihilus can be lethal if they stay alive too long, zid is fast and applies heal immunity, nihilus dispels, maul dazes and hits hard, zavage hits like a truck and is very hard to stop.... that is my plan... but i am also working on assassin to help with speed as my mods are not best... will see who i prioritize :)

This doesn't make sense to me. Having 5 sith without sith trooper means they will all be stealthing and removes the advantage you get from having them stealth on crits.
    Vertigo wrote: »
    [If you put Nihilus in then I think Kylo would be a nice addition, but Sid would also be a good choice. I feel it could really work either way just depends on who you face. Although if you go with 4 sith and GK, that basically makes GK's unique redundant in that they basically have to target him anyways, and him granting critical immunity when they're crit does the same thing as stealthing the sith. I think to get the most out of GK's unique Kylo would be a better choice, but then Gk can also grant Foresight, and Kylo having Foresight is also kind of unneeded as you want him to be hit. Could really go either way haha, but if you're using Boba I would vote Sidious personally.

Thanks for the theorycrafting - much appreciated!
  • Naw wrote: »
    Nikka488 wrote: »

And then you accidentally put it on some other toon thinking you give him an omega.

My buddy did this accidentally this AM with Nihilus lol
  • Startomsto
    926 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Startomsto wrote: »

This doesn't make sense to me. Having 5 sith without sith trooper means they will all be stealthing and removes the advantage you get from having them stealth on crits.

they are not all stealthed at the same time, can't be ceit while stealthed and gain advantage when stealth expires.. still many benefits... as well as the tm boost on start... and go back on stealth when critor evade...
  • Startomsto wrote: »

they are not all stealthed at the same time, can't be ceit while stealthed and gain advantage when stealth expires.. still many benefits... as well as the tm boost on start... and go back on stealth when critor evade...

Sith Trooper will start with Defense up, and as soon as a Sith ally uses a special ability he will be taunting. And with the new changes to stealth he should continue to taunt as long as he doesn't get dispelled and have buff immunity. The enemy will still have to target Sith Trooper now.
  • Zarth Zihilus
  • Startomsto
    926 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Vertigo wrote: »

Sith Trooper will start with Defense up, and as soon as a Sith ally uses a special ability he will be taunting. And with the new changes to stealth he should continue to taunt as long as he doesn't get dispelled and have buff immunity. The enemy will still have to target Sith Trooper now.

Sit will be great... i cant afford gearing them all though lol
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Think about this. Tanks are not necessary with Zaul. but you also don't want all 5 sith unless you have sith trooper.

Now, I find Zaul, Nihilus, Palp, and Savage to be VERY good. That savage spot can probably go to sidious or dooku or vader tbh but Savage's utility is great there. Now for the 5th, IF only there was a character that was very tough, and only got better when they get beat on. If only that character would recover a bunch of protection when he uses a special that he can spam... If only that character would require all characters faster than your sith to attack him because of stealth, guarenteeing a huge increase in damage to start out the match..

I am really surprised more people havent done this..
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    Think about this. Tanks are not necessary with Zaul. but you also don't want all 5 sith unless you have sith trooper.

Now, I find Zaul, Nihilus, Palp, and Savage to be VERY good. That savage spot can probably go to sidious or dooku or vader tbh but Savage's utility is great there. Now for the 5th, IF only there was a character that was very tough, and only got better when they get beat on. If only that character would recover a bunch of protection when he uses a special that he can spam... If only that character would require all characters faster than your sith to attack him because of stealth, guarenteeing a huge increase in damage to start out the match..

But if he's using GK, that said character won't be taking as many hits and his goal is to have GK in the squad. Also, Tanks are still kind of necessary with Zaul as Buff Immunity can stop them from stealthing over and over again (B2/TFP).
  • The answer is always Kylo.