AGI Gear challenge too difficult, droid shouldnt attack

Prev13
well, i am level 65 and had done all tier 3 gear challenge & tier 4 for other challenge.
but i am stuck with AGI gear challenge, sometimes lost in tier 2, impossible for me to beat tier 3. 70% of the time, just after opress unleash his deadly blow on his first turn, the 2 droid instantly killed 2 of my squad.
i can destroy one droid before he unleash but of course gain nothing from it.
any idea how this mission can be done ? :)

Replies

• kill the droids first. they should be a 2-3 shot max each. have a healer with party heal ready to pop after he hits his shatterpoint. that should do it. after he shatterpoints the second time he will be a 1 hit kill.
  • Kill the droids first like you stated. You'll only lose one hero to the other droid, then you heal up and kill the remaining droid. And it's 4 vs 1.
    What heroes are you using for the challenge?
    I have poggle, jc, daka, dooku and talia/phasma/hk47. If you're able to inflict stun or ability block on savage he can't use his special attack.
  • I'm only level 58, so I've only done tier 2 but can clear it pretty reliably with Poggle, Talia (L), Biggs, and Consular. Note that while Poggle is part of my "A" team and I have kept my consular and Talia reasonably well-leveled Biggs is just two stars, GL 4, and about 5-6 levels below the rest of my squad.

The key is to hammer the droids ASAP and ignore Opres. Saving them to get a heal is just too risky if turn order doesn't shake out for you. It's often worth blowing ****'s CD assist on them, but not any CD that inflicts debuffs (so not Talia's Harrowing Assault). The reason to save Harrowing for Savage is that he apperas to get a perma-Exposed debuff whenever he gets another debuff, and that is crucial for burning him down.

Admittedly, Poggle's Abiltiy Block is a HUGE help here, and even with it I still lose maybe 10% of the time at tier 2. Who do you have to work with? Knowing what heals/supports you have access to would help us all help you strategize.
  • Attempt to Stun Opress with Old Daka (or another stunner, I also have Eeth Koth, then continue with attack.
  • looks like i have to sacrifice one of my squad and killed 2 of the droids asap.
    thanks for your guys help. btw, i dont have poggle yet, on my way to get it lol.
    i didnt use old daka because her attack too low, i will try to use her later ;)
  • dooku, cad bane, assajj, daka, and phasma destroys that mission.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Bruno wrote: »
    looks like i have to sacrifice one of my squad and killed 2 of the droids asap.
    thanks for your guys help. btw, i dont have poggle yet, on my way to get it lol.

Her damage is irrelevant. What matters is the stun. It's not uncommon for her to stun at least one droid, if not both droids AND oppress before their first turn. It's even more common for me to defeat oppress without him damaging a single toon of mine. I keep him perma stunned.
  • thanks it works perfectly for me, just finished tier 3 with 1 star
  • Phasma can get the droids out of sync with Savage with Fusillade, too. Slowing them down might let you kill one of the droids before he can get off Shatterpoint.

Daka makes it a whole lot easier. For me she seems to stun quite a bit (he must have low tenacity) so it's a pretty reliable strategy.
  • @Telaan @garublador Good points! Exactly my strategy as well, combine Phasma's Fusillade and her multi-attack skill triggering Daka for perma-stun. Dooku also seems to stun whenever his Force Lightning triggers (40%).

Btw, I haven't attacked/targeted the droids for weeks now, they're completely irrelevant as the combination of Phasma and Daka makes sure that you only occasionally lose 1 character max. Other guys are Talia for backup heal+debuff, Qui-Gon for the occasional lucky double shot and Dooku for speed/stun/counter.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Since the damage output is extremely low, you need to bring a squad that can put negative buffs of any sort on Savage. Plus heals and you will be good. Try and customize your group so you can just auto the battle.

The following excel at this battle:
    Phasma - extra attacks, turn meter and debuff
    Daka - stun and heal
    Talia - heal and debuff
    JC - quick heal, everyone should have a relatively developed JC
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Harmonica wrote: »
    Since the damage output is extremely low, you need to bring a squad that can put negative buffs of any sort on Savage. Plus heals and you will be good. Try and customize your group so you can just auto the battle.

The following excel at this battle:
    Phasma - extra attacks, turn meter and debuff
    Daka - stun and heal
    Talia - heal and debuff
    JC - quick heal, everyone should have a relatively developed JC
    That's the exact team I use. I have Dooku in the 5th spot, but I had Barriss there before that.

• I stunlock him with Daka, Asajj and Coruscant Underworld Police. Someday I'll have RoRoROR'RRR or whatever.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    As others have said, stun him and you don't have to worry about the droids. But, if you can't stun him, get the droids down to low HP, after he does his special, kill the droid, get health, then attack again and repeat. Very simple and easy to beat, you just have to figure out the mechanics.

ETA: Don't kill the droid until the turn after he does his special. Most of the time you will go before the droids and get a free heal for each droid you kill.
    Post edited by RAYRAY on
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Bring enough damage to kill at least 1 droid before Savage gets his turn, bring at least 2 healers and make sure one of the 2 isn't Talia. You don't want to be in a situation where she is your only healer.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Bruno wrote: »
    looks like i have to sacrifice one of my squad and killed 2 of the droids asap.

Daka puts a debuff reliably. Not only that keep Opress away of attscking, but he recieves massive damage when he is debuffed. Daka will be probably your highest damage source in that challenge
  • @Harmonica thats exactly team i use. i have 5th spot for imagundi since i dont have bariss and poggle yet and qui gong jin still 3 star.

i agree to everybody that daka is the best unit in this situation with her stun ability. i tried dooku but not as effective.
  • Send in the Daka/Dooku double team. Stun the bejesus of him.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Challenge=farming

Make sim challenges!
  • If you can stun one of the droids you can keep them for healing you after Savage uses his AOE.

n8yaqrPh.jpg

Don't forget to get a debuff on him at all times so you do 10K damage with each hit.

Talia works well for this.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • I use phasma, talia, JC, dooku and ewok. Sometimes I lose but it doesn't take a daily attempt if you lose.
  • @Bruno m8, Qui-Gon at 3* is already a beast in PvE. As long as you get both his special attacks to ability level 6 you're good to go.

@Puglio haha, I have an Urorrurururuor from Bronzium but never bothered using him. Now I must try this. XD
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • DarthMasterShawn
    3064 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Kill the droids first like you stated. You'll only lose one hero to the other droid, then you heal up and kill the remaining droid. And it's 4 vs 1.
    What heroes are you using for the challenge?
    I have poggle, jc, daka, dooku and talia/phasma/hk47. If you're able to inflict stun or ability block on savage he can't use his special attack.

I use Phasma lead, JC, Dooku, Ventress, Secura and breeze through it thoyugh at Tines I'll pull Secura and put in Daka or QGJ. Sometimes I'll Barriss lead it. I kill the droids fast, take the hit, heal, and chop Opress down.
  • I use Phasma, Talia, Daka, JC and Ventriss.

Easy challenge. Just takes a lot longer than other ones.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Always, always kill the droids first. You need to take them both down before Savage attacks. then heal immedately after he attacks. I've had strings of bad luck, but it has never been particularly difficult.

I have:

5* Phasma
    6* HK
    6* JC
    3* FO Officer
    5* Dooku

Not exactly powerful. But I've never had an issue.
  • Wrong. First you grind through the first 2 hordes with all cooldowns intact. Then any team led by Phasma, containing Daka, Talia and some fast hitters will be able to win on auto-play, thus only targeting Opress.
  • Wrong. First you grind through the first 2 hordes with all cooldowns intact. Then any team led by Phasma, containing Daka, Talia and some fast hitters will be able to win on auto-play, thus only targeting Opress.

Hey my way works for me every time so ha :P
  • You said "always always" so I said "nah, sometimes, sometimes" :wink:
  • If you can stun one of the droids you can keep them for healing you after Savage uses his AOE.

n8yaqrPh.jpg

Don't forget to get a debuff on him at all times so you do 10K damage with each hit.

Talia works well for this.

Why acolyte over initiate?
  • Bruno wrote: »
    well, i am level 65 and had done all tier 3 gear challenge & tier 4 for other challenge.
    but i am stuck with AGI gear challenge, sometimes lost in tier 2, impossible for me to beat tier 3. 70% of the time, just after opress unleash his deadly blow on his first turn, the 2 droid instantly killed 2 of my squad.
    i can destroy one droid before he unleash but of course gain nothing from it.
    any idea how this mission can be done ? :)

kill droids first, you can't just auto it like other missions yeah it sucks.just kill the droids first then heal up.