Help with PvP squad

I just wanna try to stay in the top 200 with a pretty decent squad. So I was thinking about using this.

Phasma lead, Sid, Kylo, 5s, poggle.

With 5s and phasma the speed down would be consistent so that way the chars would go pretty consistently. 5s damage is okay but with the extra attacks with phasma + counter he will make up for it. Same with Kylo. Poggle will put up the offense up as well which would obviously let me do more damage, and phasmas advantage is good as well. Three AoEs and 5s assist special is also pretty good. I could use IG-88 instead of sid, since 88 ive seen do way more damage. The synergy isnt amazing but I think the switch up with all the utilities and stuff i think it can do fine

Replies

• Options
    I'd rethink 5's. The slow is nice, but in arena the matches are so fast that he'll only get a couple of chances to apply it. Unless you're up against an AoE team me might not get targeted that much, either, so the counterattack won't be as useful. I don't think he'll have as big of an effect on the turn meter as you think. Poe, Daka and QGJ are all farmable from cantina shipments so he's a tough sell for farming at the moment. By all means try it out and let us know how it works, but I'm not willing to put more into starring him up based on his current performance and I really like using him.

If you're done with Sid then Han might be worth looking at. I use him and his turn meter manipulation works really well. He'll take some starring up for him to be very durable, but even a couple turns of him taunting makes it seem like you're the only player that gets to go. It's even better if you've already used Phasma's slow AoE and then do a Victory March at the right time.

Poe's the tank du jour and for good reason. I haven't used him yet but he seems like a better fit for that team than 5's. The quick turn meter reduction to the other team along with the expose to help your AoE's do the most damage.
  • Options
    garublador wrote: »
    I'd rethink 5's. The slow is nice, but in arena the matches are so fast that he'll only get a couple of chances to apply it. Unless you're up against an AoE team me might not get targeted that much, either, so the counterattack won't be as useful. I don't think he'll have as big of an effect on the turn meter as you think. Poe, Daka and QGJ are all farmable from cantina shipments so he's a tough sell for farming at the moment. By all means try it out and let us know how it works, but I'm not willing to put more into starring him up based on his current performance and I really like using him.

If you're done with Sid then Han might be worth looking at. I use him and his turn meter manipulation works really well. He'll take some starring up for him to be very durable, but even a couple turns of him taunting makes it seem like you're the only player that gets to go. It's even better if you've already used Phasma's slow AoE and then do a Victory March at the right time.

Poe's the tank du jour and for good reason. I haven't used him yet but he seems like a better fit for that team than 5's. The quick turn meter reduction to the other team along with the expose to help your AoE's do the most damage.

Good points, but I was trying to keep away from using all those chars that you see in arena all the time. I have a 4 star poe but I'm just tired of using him. But yeah 5s seemed like the weak point but he just seems fun and he looka cool lmao. But I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Thanks!
  • Options
    Salgado9 wrote: »
    Good points, but I was trying to keep away from using all those chars that you see in arena all the time. I have a 4 star poe but I'm just tired of using him. But yeah 5s seemed like the weak point but he just seems fun and he looka cool lmao. But I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. Thanks!
    I totally get where you're coming from. I use 5's at the begging of GW just because I like him so much.

I've been pretty happy with Han, so he might be worth checking out if you have the resources, too. As long as you make it past the initial onslaught if you use Han's taunt and Victory March there are games where it seems like you're the only one who gets to go.
  • Options
    Yeah I just saw Hans moves and stuff and he seems pretty good. He would be better than poe if he was just as fast :( But I'll try it! Thanks ma dude
  • Options
    Han is a bit squishy, so he'll need to be buffed up quite a bit. He won't be as immediately useful as some toons. If the meta ever slows down a bit to allow more control type teams to do better then he could be a monster.