Chewy needs a buff (???)

Bon_El
435 posts Member
edited February 2016
Am I the only one that thinks Chewy needs some attn.? He has one of the strongest handheld guns in the movie series but on this game it's a pea shooter. In the armor category there are 18 characters tougher than Chewy?? I'm not saying he should be the biggest, baddest char. in the game but he needs a buff. You can make him slow & dumb but you can't make him or his weapon weak by comparison. Yes I know he has armor up & self heal, but as it is, Bariss & Stormtrooper are tougher than Chewy - just sayin...
EA - At least make his Bowcaster a formidable weapon.
~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~

Replies

• I disagree, Chewy is still arguably the strongest taunt in the game and the only one who can self heal.

While he's not amazing in arena right now, he is still a very strong and viable character as he is. Comparing him to Bariss and Stormtrooper is a bit pointless as Chewy is a taunt, they are not.

Make him a bit tougher....maybe....but increase his offence? Nah.
  • that's just the meta as it is, his kit is quite strong IMO too, if he both hit harder and turned down the meter it'd be kind of OP
  • IMO Chewie is hands down the best tank in the game in terms of what a tank is traditionally suppose to be. People who say otherwise are only thinking of arena where Poe reigns supreme and in that instance he is great not because he is a tank, he is great because of his turn meter manipulation with fast DPS. Try taking Poe through every round of GW and he's not going to be better than Chewie.

Chewie doesn't need a buff, it's all the other so called tanks that do.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I agree he's a strong character & I've had GW battles where his defense up as leader was the ONLY winning combo (after exhausting all others). The thought is driven by the fact that his bowcaster is a cannon in the movies but on here it's weak. If Chewy attacks anyone with counter it's a detriment to attack. The counter does more damage than his hit.
    Post edited by Bon_El on
  • HansOlo
    51 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Old_Tallen wrote: »
    I disagree, Chewy is still arguably the strongest taunt in the game and the only one who can self heal.

While he's not amazing in arena right now, he is still a very strong and viable character as he is. Comparing him to Bariss and Stormtrooper is a bit pointless as Chewy is a taunt, they are not.

I disagree. Almost every team got a Sid or Kylo. Chewie taunts, AI Sid makes him healing immune, Chewie got almost killed, his turn, self heal but he cant because immune. Its always the same. Chewie would be good if he would be immune to the healing debuff.
  • HansOlo wrote: »
    Old_Tallen wrote: »
    I disagree, Chewy is still arguably the strongest taunt in the game and the only one who can self heal.

I disagree. Almost every team got a Sid or Kylo. Chewie taunts, AI Sid makes him healing immune, Chewie got almost killed, his turn, self heal but he cant because immune. Its always the same. Chewie would be good if he would be immune to the healing debuff.

Chewie isn't the problem in this situation, its your inability to handle sid & kylo together. I face off against this team all day long for GW with Chewie and if someone is going to take the heal immunity for the team it might as well be Chewie
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    I would like him as OP as DS 5A hard. So buff him CG!
  • Chewie is immensely useful in Galactic Warfare and Light Side Battles, in Arena not as much.
  • I might actually use Chewie for something more than the tank challenge if his taunt were 2 turn.
  • It's clone wars chewie.
    It's more likely there will be an OT and TFA chewie later down the line.
  • Melisan wrote: »
    It's clone wars chewie.

it would be strange to see different versions of the same char. It can work with Luke old and young because there is a real difference, but with chewie?! what would a TFA-chewie be different?

same with Han. There should be only ONE Han. Stormtrooper Han ****?!
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    edited February 2016

"it would be strange to see different versions of the same char. It can work with Luke old and young because there is a real difference, but with chewie?! what would a TFA-chewie be different?"
    [/quote]

I agree - I don't need 3 different Chewies - too much work to lvl them up & for what...
  • I say up the pea shooter i have zero fear of him when i see another chewie oppisite me.
    -FightinPhantom 303rd/720th Mile High City
    191568986 Ally Code
    Phightin.Phantom@gmail.com
  • klay
    76 posts Member
    HansOlo wrote: »
    Melisan wrote: »
    It's clone wars chewie.

it would be strange to see different versions of the same char. It can work with Luke old and young because there is a real difference, but with chewie?! what would a TFA-chewie be different?

While I agree it would be weird, we technically already have 2 versions of the same character with darth vader and anakin. I imagine they will be adding different versions of certain characters though. Otherwise, why name them old ben obi wan kenobi or stormtrooper han for example? It would just be obi wan kenobi and han solo.
  • klay wrote: »
    HansOlo wrote: »
    It's clone wars chewie.

While I agree it would be weird, we technically already have 2 versions of the same character with darth vader and anakin. I imagine they will be adding different versions of certain characters though. Otherwise, why name them old ben obi wan kenobi or stormtrooper han for example? It would just be obi wan kenobi and han solo.

In that case, I can't wait to see how hawt Young Daka is!
  • When I first start farming Luke I was expecting he will become a jedi once I star him up but I was wrong lol. He is still solid though and grabed a few rank 1 rewards for me.
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    KAULI wrote: »
    I would like him as OP as DS 5A hard. So buff him!

I strongly agree. That's a real Chewy! I don't know, whether his speed accelerates or he has turn meter gains in that battle. But he feels and behaves very much like the actual Chewbacca from our favorite Star Wars stories.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    After sitting at lvl 70 a while I retract my earlier comment about Chewy being a strong character. I'm not using him at all now.
    He is no where near "the best tank in the game". But he SHOULD be.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    RG is the best tank currently. However I agree we should have more options.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    It's clone wars chewie.

TFA Chewie rips peoples arms off
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I might actually use Chewie for something more than the tank challenge if his taunt were 2 turn.

Or if it would auto-fire like RG.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Yes Chewie needs a buff! Most of us used him early to get level 50 or so then benched him. I'm sad that it makes me happy to see him in GW because he helps my team recoupe for next battle. Hoping they release upgrade version of chewie or buff
  • Is RG that good? I've gotten enough free shards from bronze to get him to 3* and have not paid any attention to him at all