Definitive Poe Counter Giveaway

Replies

• Finally after all the ooohs and aaahs I see where you're getting at. Interesting, now that I look at his fully geared stats, but I have to see it first to believe it.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • DefinitivePoeCounter
    287 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Finally after all the ooohs and aaahs I see where you're getting at. Interesting, now that I look at his fully geared stats, but I have to see it first to believe it.

The team works as a whole not because of one character. I am not encouraging anyone to farm them or anything, if you have the roster it is easy to try and see for yourself.
  • Read the first few posts....how is a Poe team the definitive counter to a Poe team? I'm a bit disappointed.
  • Read the first few posts....how is a Poe team the definitive counter to a Poe team? I'm a bit disappointed.

You certain you read it? It doesn't use Poe nor the usual OP toons that have nerf threads.
  • Harmonica wrote: »
    AOE Poggle build with high HP characters.

I hate posts like this.

Then perhaps you should've helped the community so that there is less overall nerf Poe threads all around (not that my goal is helping the community as a whole)

I hate posts like yours because of the way they stink of attention seeking and arrogance. Even if that isn't your intent, you sure pulled it off.

Based on the clues you have provided the team is most likely a high end HP team that has AOE. Sid could also makes sense because of his AOE and leadership ability, but if he isn't lead then he isn't part of the team or at least shouldn't be.

Could be a Phasma lead, because of her AOE, turn meter, additional attacker, with Poggle going first to drop on the buff prior to all of the slow guys dropping their now buffed AOE.

Sid (lead)
    Phasma
    Poggle
    Kylo
    JK Anakin

or:

Phasma (lead)
    Poggle
    Kylo
    JK Anakin
    Ventress (possibility of being Sid)

Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
    Harmonica wrote: »
    AOE Poggle build with high HP characters.

I hate posts like this.

Then perhaps you should've helped the community so that there is less overall nerf Poe threads all around (not that my goal is helping the community as a whole)

I hate posts like yours because of the way they stink of attention seeking and arrogance. Even if that isn't your intent, you sure pulled it off.

Based on the clues you have provided the team is most likely a high end HP team that has AOE. Sid could also makes sense because of his AOE and leadership ability, but if he isn't lead then he isn't part of the team or at least shouldn't be.

Could be a Phasma lead, because of her AOE, turn meter, additional attacker, with Poggle going first to drop on the buff prior to all of the slow guys dropping their now buffed AOE.

Sid (lead)
    Phasma
    Poggle
    Kylo
    JK Anakin

or:

Phasma (lead)
    Poggle
    Kylo
    JK Anakin
    Ventress (possibility of being Sid)

Close enough. Tho it is arrogant as I've stated before. I don't mind being called arrogant when it is due since a good majority of the player base was struggling and those who were not decided not to share it like us with the exception of few others.
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Other options would be dropping Poggle, as JK Anakin can effectively give you that ability, plus more.

Sid (lead) - leader buff stays, low health, but expendable after his AOE is dropped
    JK Anakin - acts as a poggle when somebody dies, has a higher speed, AOE and high health and is meant to be on squads where people die
    Kylo - AOE, high health
    Phasma - AOE, high health, turn meter

Ventress - AOE, debuff
    or
    Lumi - Keeps everyone alive after both sides unleash hell on each other, can also land a key silence

There are lots of options, but the composition relies on a lot of things going your way.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    There's no point to use Anakin with poggle and Sid on the same team. What utility does he provide? And what's his aoe damage like if nothing else?
  • I think this is just a ploy to get other people think of a squad that can beat Poe with the characters that he currently has. And to troll for attention. Both nearly accomplished to the finest degree of Internet injustice.

Also, the whole "high hp to withstand first Poe turn" is already known. Of course, the only caveat is that Old Ben is recommended to alleviate glass cannon dps, and he's a chromium. Otherwise, substitute high hp char, poggle buff, aoe. This is not new, certainly not original, and should not be elaborated on further.
  • Well I still don't see the answer here.
  • Please pm me this team I have all toons unlocked and the means to bring all of these to 7*
  • Someone PM me when OP team is discovered. Kthx
  • I think this is just a ploy to get other people think of a squad that can beat Poe with the characters that he currently has. And to troll for attention. Both nearly accomplished to the finest degree of Internet injustice.

Also, the whole "high hp to withstand first Poe turn" is already known. Of course, the only caveat is that Old Ben is recommended to alleviate glass cannon dps, and he's a chromium. Otherwise, substitute high hp char, poggle buff, aoe. This is not new, certainly not original, and should not be elaborated on further.

Goodness gracious, you're one of the brightest minds that I've ever seen, keep up the good work mate. And I actually did search around the forums if it had been discovered so that I could add my 2 cents there, it was not hence the thread.
    Elyndria wrote: »
    There's no point to use Anakin with poggle and Sid on the same team. What utility does he provide? And what's his aoe damage like if nothing else?

Sub 3k damage without crits/unbuffed.
    Harmonica wrote: »
    Other options would be dropping Poggle, as JK Anakin can effectively give you that ability, plus more.

Sid (lead) - leader buff stays, low health, but expendable after his AOE is dropped
    JK Anakin - acts as a poggle when somebody dies, has a higher speed, AOE and high health and is meant to be on squads where people die
    Kylo - AOE, high health
    Phasma - AOE, high health, turn meter

Ventress - AOE, debuff
    or
    Lumi - Keeps everyone alive after both sides unleash hell on each other, can also land a key silence

There are lots of options, but the composition relies on a lot of things going your way.

Ani doesn't have a team buff tho unless I am misunderstanding your post.
  • But this team I have described in GW, replacing HK with a faster assist like GS. What is new here? I have this team in Arena and can get to top 5 (and this setupnis weak on defense).
  • Elyndria wrote: »

Redundancy? The AOE needs to have buffs on it in order for something like this to hit a 95% success. Plus the requirement is to ensure poggle goes first and most people live to unleash 3 AOEs. Anakins isn't guaranteed, if things don't work out.

Another potential option is:

Anakin (lead)
    Poggle
    Lumi
    Phasma
    Kylo

Anakin is going second with offense up from Poggle and his own leadership skill, granting a really heavy AOE. The key is getting 3 buffed AOEs off.
    Elyndria wrote: »

Redundancy? The AOE needs to have buffs on it in order for something like this to hit a 95% success. Plus the requirement is to ensure poggle goes first and most people live to unleash 3 AOEs. Anakins isn't guaranteed, if things don't work out.

Another potential option is:

Anakin (lead)
    Poggle
    Lumi
    Phasma
    Kylo

Anakin is going second with offense up from Poggle and his own leadership skill, granting a really heavy AOE. The key is getting 3 buffed AOEs off.

Just something to add, I did factor in the unfavourable turn orders when claiming such win rate, so it is not heavily reliant on who goes first or second, it just shortens the fight if you get everything like you envisioned.
  • The team is definitely

Sid

Poggle

Kylo

Annie

Phasma
  • @JohnnySteelAlpha made a complete thread with several aoe teams without poe vs poe teams. Nothing new here
  • @JohnnySteelAlpha made a complete thread with several aoe teams without poe vs poe teams. Nothing new here

I actually checked that thread to see if it was the same as ours, alas it was not. It also relies upon completely different principles by incorporating Old Ben there, another potent team combination and very respectable effort.

That's what I was referring to. I guess you didn't look hard enough.

Of course, he doesn't boast the 95% win rate, nor does he come off as sardonic, self-indulged, and acrimonious as you do. But then again, he proved it, is far more believable, and found it first(?).

That's what I was referring to. I guess you didn't look hard enough.

Of course, he doesn't boast the 95% win rate, nor does he come off as sardonic, self-indulged, and acrimonious as you do. But then again, he proved it, is far more believable, and found it first(?).

We don't claim to be the first nor the last nor the only ones that have countered Poe. As I said before I checked and couldn't see. The team there is Sid(L), Ben, Kylo, Phasma, Poggle which is not the same since we don't use Ben at all.

We boast that win rate because it is there, few others have been theorycrafting in this thread as well and tho the team we run is not mentioned as of yet, enough tries will yield that, after finding it enough tries will also yield the same results we saw provided you have them at max gear/stars.
  • Don't think anyone believes you and they shouldn't. 95% win rate? Please. What about against non meta teams?

Also, who is this "we" you keep taking about? I don't think you are referring to your multiple personalities, but who knows.

There is already a thread to counter Poe so this thread is unnecessary and attention-mongering. you have not provided any support for your claims, have done nothing constructive, and have wasted the last 10 minutes of my life. Pm the squad to someone so they can confirm, post the squad, and if that isn't your next action, I'll take that as the affirmation of your trollish nature.
  • So DefinitivePoeCounter just PM'd me the team. I tried it with my 5 battles today and did not see a 95% winrate with it. The comp is:

Phasma(L)
    Poggle
    Kylo
    Boba
    'Fives'

The problem you run into is when the AI blows up poggle before you can buff. Dashing that 95% winrate. Also if they splash in Lumi it is really problematic.
  • Holy crap, there's so much fail in this thread.

OP, I'm pretty sure you've outed/established yourself as a **** sack of immeasurable quality and quantity. You can probably close the thread now.
  • Ah...good good. Case closed. Hopefully thread closed, then deleted.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Okay, here is my guess:

Sid (L)
    Poggle
    JK Anakin
    Asajj
    Daka (or maybe Phasma/Kylo)

Sid and Poggle are quite obvious; to amplify damage. Anakin gets +90% speed and +50% damage boost whenever an ally is killed. Hence, he will get a turn even during the midst of slow down by the opponent's Poe. Unleash his AOE and he gets an offense up boost if an enemy is killed.

Asajj gets a similar damage boost, plus chance to gain turn meter whenever an ally or foe is killed and can finish off the left overs after Anakin's AOE.

The last one I think is Daka. Her health is more than what people give credit for, but is usually the first one to be targeted by the A.I. Hence, she is the bait to get killed first so that Anakin can use his AOE. If she revives herself or any other ally who gets killed, that's an added bonus.

Is this correct, DPC?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Phasma(L)
    Poggle
    Kylo
    Boba
    'Fives'
    Wut. LOL.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Phasma(L)
    Poggle
    Kylo
    Boba
    'Fives'
    Wut. LOL.

Yeah, this is definitely a WUT. Especially when earlier he says doesn't mention Boba in the list.

OP wants attention.
  • I smelled his falsehood through my screen and promptly sprayed Febreze. Anyway, let's scoot. Let some dev delete the thread.