Definitive Poe Counter Giveaway

1235Next

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    So DefinitivePoeCounter just PM'd me the team. I tried it with my 5 battles today and did not see a 95% winrate with it. The comp is:

Phasma(L)
    Poggle
    Kylo
    Boba
    'Fives'

The problem you run into is when the AI blows up poggle before you can buff. Dashing that 95% winrate. Also if they splash in Lumi it is really problematic.

Wow..... What a garbage team. So glad I wasn't disappointed by this thread. What can you expect from someone who posts an advert seeking attention and then uses a thesaurus in an attempt to sound witty by using ad hominem attacks to accuse others of doing the same.

I'm just happy a majority of the forum could smell the derp from page 1.
  • obiwan1011 wrote: »
    Okay, here is my guess:

Sid (L)
    Poggle
    JK Anakin
    Asajj
    Daka (or maybe Phasma/Kylo)

Sid and Poggle are quite obvious; to amplify damage. Anakin gets +90% speed and +50% damage boost whenever an ally is killed. Hence, he will get a turn even during the midst of slow down by the opponent's Poe. Unleash his AOE and he gets an offense up boost if an enemy is killed.

Asajj gets a similar damage boost, plus chance to gain turn meter whenever an ally or foe is killed and can finish off the left overs after Anakin's AOE.

The last one I think is Daka. Her health is more than what people give credit for, but is usually the first one to be targeted by the A.I. Hence, she is the bait to get killed first so that Anakin can use his AOE. If she revives herself or any other ally who gets killed, that's an added bonus.

Is this correct, DPC?

Honestly this sounds like the best effort at guessing the team.

I'm assuming the poster that just included boba and fives may be trolling but hey who knows? Kinda glad asajj is mentioned a lot in being a decent toon seeing as how I'm working on unlocking and building her as we speak.
  • Barrok wrote: »
    Poggle at 74 I think, gets speed 143. I foresee the poggle + GS + IG 86 + IG 88 + Poe as a very solid team once we can go to lvl 80. This of course assumes that none of the new hero's are worth replacing any of the current. Most likely it will be a whole new meta once lvl 80 hits.

At that level QGJ extends his speed boost leadership skill to ALL allies, not just Jedis. So the new meta will be how many can you move tonturn 6. If you can get a taunter in turn 6.....

• Nitric wrote: »
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    Okay, here is my guess:

Sid (L)
    Poggle
    JK Anakin
    Asajj

Sid and Poggle are quite obvious; to amplify damage. Anakin gets +90% speed and +50% damage boost whenever an ally is killed. Hence, he will get a turn even during the midst of slow down by the opponent's Poe. Unleash his AOE and he gets an offense up boost if an enemy is killed.

Asajj gets a similar damage boost, plus chance to gain turn meter whenever an ally or foe is killed and can finish off the left overs after Anakin's AOE.

The last one I think is Daka. Her health is more than what people give credit for, but is usually the first one to be targeted by the A.I. Hence, she is the bait to get killed first so that Anakin can use his AOE. If she revives herself or any other ally who gets killed, that's an added bonus.

Is this correct, DPC?

I'm assuming the poster that just included boba and fives may be trolling but hey who knows? Kinda glad asajj is mentioned a lot in being a decent toon seeing as how I'm working on unlocking and building her as we speak.

Running Sid and Poggle both play in the favor of the high DPS Poe teams. They can both be one shot before they even get to go with a high probability of both of them being dead before you get an action.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I don't know why people bash the OP. Nobody is forced to read or even be here. I think he shares a very valuable high end idea. I had posted that a GS team led by IG-88 replacing HK seemed like the best plan vs Poe. I may look for that post, but this post just validates my thoughts. Who knows if it's 95.7373% or just "a lot of times wins, more than not". If it wins more than 50% it is a very valid counter. And a F2P counter.

Those just critising how much I wish you posted elsewhere. Thanks OP!
  • Nitric wrote: »
    Okay, here is my guess:

Sid (L)
    Poggle
    JK Anakin
    Asajj

Is this correct, DPC?

Running Sid and Poggle both play in the favor of the high DPS Poe teams. They can both be one shot before they even get to go with a high probability of both of them being dead before you get an action.

Hence why Anakin is the key. Let's visualise the likely sequence:

Poe taunts > Rey (or whoever) one-shot kills Daka (I would think the A.I targets her first) > Anakin interrupts with his 90% turn meter gain thanks to his passive and can either do normal attack (if all the opponents have relatively high health) or use his AOE. Remember he has +50% damage, plus 20% extra if he lands a critical > Opponent then kills Sid or Poggle > Anakin interupts again with his passive (90% turn meter gain. Yikes!) and can use his AOE > at least one enemy will be dead > Asajj gets turn meter gain and uses her AOE (or it could be Sid) > All of them are dead

Of course, this is assuming that the A.I does not focus on Anakin first. I have no way to test this since I don't own him...
    Nitric wrote: »
    Okay, here is my guess:

Sid (L)
    Poggle
    JK Anakin
    Asajj

Is this correct, DPC?

Poe taunts > Rey (or whoever) one-shot kills Daka (I would think the A.I targets her first) > Anakin interrupts with his 90% turn meter gain thanks to his passive and can either do normal attack (if all the opponents have relatively high health) or use his AOE. Remember he has +50% damage, plus 20% extra if he lands a critical > Opponent then kills Sid or Poggle > Anakin interupts again with his passive (90% turn meter gain. Yikes!) and can use his AOE > at least one enemy will be dead > Asajj gets turn meter gain and uses her AOE (or it could be Sid) > All of them are dead

Of course, this is assuming that the A.I does not focus on Anakin first. I have no way to test this since I don't own him...

Wrong.

Even if he gains 90% TM, he will still have to roll against any other turn 7 characters. And he gets +25% damage, not +50%, since it's only l7.

Both of the teams posted have next to no chance vs a high damage Poe team; and they don't take into account that on turn 1 both Leia and Rey are fully capable of blasting out 12k damage.

You're also vastly overestimating the damage on AoEs, even Sid buffed. The only 2 REALLY strong up-front AoEs in game are IG-88 and Lando (Vader/Sidious are excluded, since a lot of their AoE damage is based on DoTs). If you want to be able to nuke a team via AoE, I suggest you look at them.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Aluxendr wrote: »
    Okay, here is my guess:

Sid (L)
    Poggle
    JK Anakin
    Asajj

Is this correct, DPC?

Wrong.

Even if he gains 90% TM, he will still have to roll against any other turn 7 characters. And he gets +25% damage, not +50%, since it's only l7.

Both of the teams posted have next to no chance vs a high damage Poe team; and they don't take into account that on turn 1 both Leia and Rey are fully capable of blasting out 12k damage.

You're also vastly overestimating the damage on AoEs, even Sid buffed. The only 2 REALLY strong up-front AoEs in game are IG-88 and Lando (Vader/Sidious are excluded, since a lot of their AoE damage is based on DoTs). If you want to be able to nuke a team via AoE, I suggest you look at them.

1. I just double-checked SWGOH Cantina and SWGOHDB and both state Anakin gets +50% damage boost at level 6
    2. Yes, RNG will determine whether Anakin interrupts after an ally's death, but better than waiting hopelessly - which is often the case when Poe uses his taunt
    3. All Anakin has to do is kill one glass cannon (for extra boost to his next attack) and significantly reduce the overall health of the opponent. Then your remaining AOE heroes can finish off the rest. Like Anakin, Asajj gets damage boost from her passive in addition to Sid's leader buff
    4. I cannot validate my theory because I don't own him, but have you tried using Anakin before shooting this down?
  • Eligible characters: Phasma, Sid, Poggle, Lumi, Daka, Kylo, Fives, Ventress, Leia, Han, Ani, Aayla. 5 out of these 1210 is the team composition and it is pretty obvious GL all.

Whatever Daka does is so unreliable or weak that can't be her. If she is sent as fodder, it'd be so suprising to me. The only thing going for her is that (and I didn't do the math) with Assajj leadership she may slip into 6th turn. I don't have her at max gear not do I have Asajj there. But if she reliably goes first, she reliably missed her stun so often it's a coin toss. Fives is useless as the enemy may have Poe behind all non-AoE glass cannons. Ventress is so extremely slow, poor gurl vs a high end Poe team. Ani if not targeted early on can be nasty, and Han (if there was a way to make him go earlier) can waste three enemy ahots and advance the turn meter enough to allow Ventress and Any and Kylo to AoE a lot. But since the enemy can hide a Counter team (like the top #1 in our Arena) the it could be a suicide. A maxed Dooku and Fives team behind a maxed Poe is a problem sometimes because you have droids and if Dooku and Fives are targeted last, they can do more damage per turn than any other char as they hit on their turn, and they hit again on yours.

So this last team for me is not very clear on exactly how it will win against a Poe led team. What exactly are we countering?

The Geonisian-Droid variant is more explicit as it most often can erraticate the enemy Poe very fast to actually have a chance. This last "mistery" teams needs more explanation.

Maybe the guy that got this "wisdom" will waste 1 minth trying build something that doesn't work and right now it doesn't seem to work for me.
  • Nitric
    134 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    The OP said the team comp he uses to win 95% of the time vs the meta Poe teams isn't mediocre, we're talking at minimum 6* level 70 maxed gear AND skills.

This is end game everyone is talking about right?
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    anakin is great if you can guarantee a kill with his aoe, but if you can't he is extremely underwhelming. Plus his 50% damage increase is an "offense up" skill, so it doesn't double stack with poggle. This team might work, but I would have to try it first.

Edit: I got a 7* Anakin which I farmed, I have tried him in tons of teams and I just know the AI plays the aoe wrong on defense.
    Okay, here is my guess:

Sid (L)
    Poggle
    JK Anakin
    Asajj

Is this correct, DPC?

Wrong.

1. I just double-checked SWGOH Cantina and SWGOHDB and both state Anakin gets +50% damage boost at level 6
    2. Yes, RNG will determine whether Anakin interrupts after an ally's death, but better than waiting hopelessly - which is often the case when Poe uses his taunt
    3. All Anakin has to do is kill one glass cannon (for extra boost to his next attack) and significantly reduce the overall health of the opponent. Then your remaining AOE heroes can finish off the rest. Like Anakin, Asajj gets damage boost from her passive in addition to Sid's leader buff
    4. I cannot validate my theory because I don't own him, but have you tried using Anakin before shooting this down?

You're right, it is 50%. Mah B.

I have him at 5*, gear 7 level 60 or so. So not maxed.

Before level cap increase, he was really underwhelming. His AoE really isn't that strong, he adds very little synergy to your team (low chance for healing/buff immunity, random/lucky O up if you finish off a character with AoE, hits hard once if someone dies (but still less than a normal Rey attack).

To illustrate why the AoE isn't reliable;

Someone needs to be already low on health

You (probably) need to crit to finish off that last 20-30% reliably

You need to not miss

Alternatively, someone else needs to be dead already

And ofc, Annie himself can't have gotten nuked.

It's not that he is a terrible character; he is just lackluster in an arena game where all 5 slots count. A 4* Vader would be a better choice, imo.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Okay, here is my guess:

Sid (L)
    Poggle
    JK Anakin
    Asajj

Is this correct, DPC?

Wrong.

Before level cap increase, he was really underwhelming. His AoE really isn't that strong, he adds very little synergy to your team (low chance for healing/buff immunity, random/lucky O up if you finish off a character with AoE, hits hard once if someone dies (but still less than a normal Rey attack).

You need to not miss

It's not that he is a terrible character; he is just lackluster in an arena game where all 5 slots count. A 4* Vader would be a better choice, imo.

I am aware Anakin's AOE is only useful when he gets a kill. Given such, I am thinking his first attack should probably be a normal one to reduce the health of one opponent. When his second turn comes about (and our team will be down three to five), he can then use his AOE which should at least definitely kill off the opponent that he initially targeted. Hence, one or two opponents going before Anakin and killing one of our team is actually doing Poggle's job for him.

With that being said, perhaps replacing Poggle with another AOE (Kylo or Phasma) is a better solution? Hence even if two of our team are down, we have Anakin and two other AOEs to finish off the weakened opponent after Anakin's attacks.

Finally, Anakin would have to be a 7* (to have sufficient health and deliver max damage) or he may get targeted by the A.I first. I think understanding what AOE team comp would result in the A.I not targeting Anakin first or second is important.

But again, these are just pure speculation. If someone with a 7* Anakin (Barrok?) can test this, we can confirm whether my thoughts are fantasy or not. :)
  • xLTAbI8.jpg

Else did not much in this thread. OP, you could just have posted your tentative info in the first post, and not make up a fake stat to support your claim (hard numbers > your guestimated %).

Why all the big thing around it, i get the attempt at strat, it's legit and valid, but the conspiracy/secrecy/attention seeking behaviour just made a bunch of people waste 10 minutes as they sifted through these post to learn something useful, and made some of them add whining in a forum already flooded with whining (ironically including my own, I tried not to reply here to help in that sense, and failed miserably).
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Anakin has plenty of health at 6*. Him being targeted seems totally random, so not sure. I swear he never crits... even at 7*. He does look awesome though :) and I think at 80 he moves up a turn, soi her isn't a bad investment.
  • So DefinitivePoeCounter just PM'd me the team. I tried it with my 5 battles today and did not see a 95% winrate with it. The comp is:

Phasma(L)
    Poggle
    Kylo
    Boba
    'Fives'

The problem you run into is when the AI blows up poggle before you can buff. Dashing that 95% winrate. Also if they splash in Lumi it is really problematic.

Liar, liar pants on fire.
    Harmonica wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Phasma(L)
    Poggle
    Kylo
    Boba
    'Fives'
    Wut. LOL.

Yeah, this is definitely a WUT. Especially when earlier he says doesn't mention Boba in the list.

OP wants attention.

To think you'd fall for that.
    I smelled his falsehood through my screen and promptly sprayed Febreze. Anyway, let's scoot. Let some dev delete the thread.

You falling for that is not a surprise.
    Telaan wrote: »
    So DefinitivePoeCounter just PM'd me the team. I tried it with my 5 battles today and did not see a 95% winrate with it. The comp is:

Phasma(L)
    Poggle
    Kylo
    Boba
    'Fives'

Wow..... What a garbage team. So glad I wasn't disappointed by this thread. What can you expect from someone who posts an advert seeking attention and then uses a thesaurus in an attempt to sound witty by using ad hominem attacks to accuse others of doing the same.

I'm just happy a majority of the forum could smell the derp from page 1.

Not a surprise either.

• mooimachicken
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    yes i strongly believe the team is sheev leader, kylo, poggle, anakin and phasma
    Okay, here is my guess:

Sid (L)
    Poggle
    JK Anakin
    Asajj

Is this correct, DPC?

And that is the correct one except for Daka, replace her with Kylo and you have the team. Tho Daka sounds plausible as well.
    Okay, here is my guess:

Sid (L)
    Poggle
    JK Anakin
    Asajj

Is this correct, DPC?

And that is the correct one except for Daka, replace her with Kylo and you have the team. Tho Daka sounds plausible as well.

Finally. :)
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Aluxendr wrote: »
    Okay, here is my guess:

Sid (L)
    Poggle
    JK Anakin
    Asajj

Is this correct, DPC?

Wrong.

You need to not miss

You don't need Ani to kill off multiple foes with his AoE just to get the Offense Up, Poggle is already there for that. The team comp is there for whoever that wants to try it.
    Okay, here is my guess:

Sid (L)
    Poggle
    JK Anakin
    Asajj

Is this correct, DPC?

Wish I could try as it makes a lot of sense. A refreshing approach since Anakin is never really considered in any team comp.

Three questions:

1. So how does the A.I not focus on Anakin as he is the key? Who does the A.I usually go after in your experience? Sid, Asajj and Poggle seem likely candidates given their low hp compared to Anakin and Kylo
    2. I would imagine Anakin gets his turn ahead of Poggle which then renders him useless to amplify Anakin's AOE. So what's his role (assuming he is not targeted first?) Even if Poggle does go before Anakin, does his damage buff stack with Anakin's passive?
    3. As Aluxendr pointed out, what is the likelihood of Anakin getting a turn during the midst of slow down? In the worst case, you could be looking at Anakin waiting for his turn as RNG favours the other side
    Okay, here is my guess:

Sid (L)
    Poggle
    JK Anakin
    Asajj

Is this correct, DPC?

Wish I could try as it makes a lot of sense. A refreshing approach since Anakin is never really considered in any team comp.

Three questions:

1. So how does the A.I not focus on Anakin as he is the key? Who does the A.I usually go after in your experience? Sid, Asajj and Poggle seem likely candidates given their low hp compared to Anakin and Kylo
    2. I would imagine Anakin gets his turn ahead of Poggle which then renders him useless to amplify Anakin's AOE. So what's his role (assuming he is not targeted first?) Even if Poggle does go before Anakin, does his damage buff stack with Anakin's passive?
    3. As Aluxendr pointed out, what is the likelihood of Anakin getting a turn during the midst of slow down? In the worst case, you could be looking at Anakin waiting for his turn as RNG favours the other side

1. Anakin is quite beefy at 14k HP and most of the time does not go down. AI usually goes after Sid, perhaps a bit biased due to the leader position, the next one to focused down by AI is usually Poggle.
    2. Sid AoE+Anakin AoE deals enough damage to bring most of the toons down to 50% HP mark when the DoTs are factored in. The offense up does not stack but it is not uncommon to see a buffed Anakin take down the squishier glass cannons (QGJ, Rey, Geo, Sid).
    3. The likelihood is quite high, Sid usually dies in Turn7 which gives Ani 90% turn meter, and at that moment he is tied with other characters that are supposed to take turns.
    4. One of the biggest component is Asajj+ Kylo after Poggle buff. Unless Asajj is focused she destroys whatever is left with her AoE and even Kylo can take out 2 of the glass cannons with his AoE if lucky.

Lastly, I don't think this team would work if AI was better or against a human player but due to the inherent lack of focus-fire of AI, it works so take it however you want to.
    Okay, here is my guess:

Sid (L)
    Poggle
    JK Anakin
    Asajj

Is this correct, DPC?

Three questions:

1. Anakin is quite beefy at 14k HP and most of the time does not go down. AI usually goes after Sid, perhaps a bit biased due to the leader position, the next one to focused down by AI is usually Poggle.
    2. Sid AoE+Anakin AoE deals enough damage to bring most of the toons down to 50% HP mark when the DoTs are factored in. The offense up does not stack but it is not uncommon to see a buffed Anakin take down the squishier glass cannons (QGJ, Rey, Geo, Sid).
    3. The likelihood is quite high, Sid usually dies in Turn7 which gives Ani 90% turn meter, and at that moment he is tied with other characters that are supposed to take turns.
    4. One of the biggest component is Asajj+ Kylo after Poggle buff. Unless Asajj is focused she destroys whatever is left with her AoE and even Kylo can take out 2 of the glass cannons with his AoE if lucky.

Lastly, I don't think this team would work if AI was better or against a human player but due to the inherent lack of focus-fire of AI, it works so take it however you want to.

Thanks for the explanations and thanks for sharing this team comp. :smiley:
  • No doubt this will defeat a Poe team. I'd easily bet any amount of money that the win % is a bit overstated at 95% though :) I'd estimate that around 55-65% tops - which is still very good. Sometimes you will go on a 3-4 match streak where FOTP is called in on those assist or on the Phasma bonus attack and you're down 2-3 toons before you even move. Or GS gets called in, has offense up before he moves, and he's OHKO 2 toons on his own. The matchup with Phasma as a lead can get really crappy due to those assists / additional bonus procs. Let's not even talk about the Jinn attack + GS assist call that gives him offense up + FOTP Phasma bonus attack call :(

Obiwan nailed the analysis on Anakin - with the passive - similar to Ventress - he's perfect for these high damage attack teams. That's what @CronozNL showed in his Poe videos that were posted a few weeks back. Vent with O up could nearly take out that team - or at least many parts of it - on her own. Anakin is even better with the meter gain. So big gold star for Anakin as a great tool to have in the kit. I think that's the new piece of info shared here - Anakin is a bad dude. He's a tanky AOE that is fast - very rare combination. Unique skill set.

Good job OP (eventually) getting word out on pieces to the Poe counter especially Anakin.
  • No doubt this will defeat a Poe team. I'd easily bet any amount of money that the win % is a bit overstated at 95% though :) I'd estimate that around 55-65% tops - which is still very good. Sometimes you will go on a 3-4 match streak where FOTP is called in on those assist or on the Phasma bonus attack and you're down 2-3 toons before you even move. Or GS gets called in, has offense up before he moves, and he's OHKO 2 toons on his own. The matchup with Phasma as a lead can get really crappy due to those assists / additional bonus procs. Let's not even talk about the Jinn attack + GS assist call that gives him offense up + FOTP Phasma bonus attack call :(

Obiwan nailed the analysis on Anakin - with the passive - similar to Ventress - he's perfect for these high damage attack teams. That's what @CronozNL showed in his Poe videos that were posted a few weeks back. Vent with O up could nearly take out that team - or at least many parts of it - on her own. Anakin is even better with the meter gain. So big gold star for Anakin as a great tool to have in the kit. I think that's the new piece of info shared here - Anakin is a bad dude. He's a tanky AOE that is fast - very rare combination. Unique skill set.

Good job OP (eventually) getting word out on pieces to the Poe counter especially Anakin.

The claimed win rate is with the statistically most probable battles (crit/expose/assist rates) so we ran this team across 4 accounts as no one server has that many Poe team lying around, as well as in GW 100+ times per account, after compiling how each battle went, we took the most unlikely battles out before doing the data compiling, is it scientific? It really is not but we're not writing a paper here anyways.

Perhaps it is tied with AI, but around 70% of the time, AI focuses Sid down regardless of it taking a turn or not which is the best possible scenario that could be wanted. Anakin also moves in midst of the Turn7 characters and can net you a kill if you're lucky, if you Kylo and Asajj to take their turns it is always a win, if Asajj survives on her own, it is a tad tricky, if Kylo is the last man standing it must mean Ani is still alive as well.

Against a human controlled team, it'd simply suck since you could eliminate the threats one-by-one but AI doesn't excel at that, hence the results. We're also trying to improve the team even more, perhaps sacking Kylo in favour of Lando which has a similar intimidation effect.
  • I've figured out that @DefinitivePoeCounter might actually be @WhipiT. The only people I can think of who were obsessed with Boba. The timing of last activity and account creation makes sense too.

Anyways, I wish I could tell newbies to not bother with Boba and Fives if your main reason to level them up is because you liked them from the movies.
  • I've figured out that @DefinitivePoeCounter might actually be @WhipiT. The only people I can think of who were obsessed with Boba. The timing of last activity and account creation makes sense too.

Anyways, I wish I could tell newbies to not bother with Boba and Fives if your main reason to level them up is because you liked them from the movies.

I don't think I've ever mentioned Boba in my posts?
  • So DefinitivePoeCounter just PM'd me the team. I tried it with my 5 battles today and did not see a 95% winrate with it. The comp is:

Phasma(L)
    Poggle
    Kylo
    Boba
    'Fives'

You should demand a refund

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Okay, here is my guess:

Sid (L)
    Poggle
    JK Anakin
    Asajj

Is this correct, DPC?

Wish I could try as it makes a lot of sense. A refreshing approach since Anakin is never really considered in any team
    I'm slow farming Anakin since I'm able to. Have had my worst luck om drops of any char I focus so far, need a week more to unlock him.
    One of the problems to think outside the box in this gsme is that, barring the whales, you need one month to test any char beyond the typical farmable core.