Never thought I'd miss Wiggando

Prev1
But really bored of getting my **** kicked by Palp, RG, 5s, Vader and Bariss.

RG seems to be gaining health as I hit him. As soon as I can cleanse his taunt, Bariss has healed everyone. Palp stuns me out of every other turn and Vader's just there for the occasional cutting blade instakill.

I gave up on GW a while ago, but today this was on node 9 and cut through 8 of my teams without losing a man. My A team is zQGJ lead, Aaylaa, JKA, Yoda and Ashoka - most g11.

Is balance that hard?!

Replies

• Feel the power of the dark side....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    it has never been the intention of the devs to bring the balance you seek, so whether it's "that hard" or not is irrelevant.
    It's all about farming and gearing the right characters, wich apparently you're struggling with.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    With a fast Yoda, you should avoid some debuffs. Maybe switch Ahsoka by BF also.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »
    With a fast Yoda, you should avoid some debuffs. Maybe switch Ahsoka by BF also.

BF = Blue Falcon?

Anyone old enough to remember that one?

• leef wrote: »
    it has never been the intention of the devs to bring the balance you seek, so whether it's "that hard" or not is irrelevant.
    It's all about farming and gearing the right characters, wich apparently you're struggling with.

Ahh, I thought you were one of the good posters. Must have you confused with someone else.
  • BulYwif wrote: »

Thanks! :)

Yeah, I need to find more speed. They get at least two turns about before I can do anything at the minute.

Not sure how Boba would help, they're not stacking many buffs and I don't inflict that many debuffs (only JKA and maybe Aayla). He's a big gear drain too.
  • Feel the power of the dark side....

From Bariss and 5s?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Ahh, I thought you were one of the good posters. Must have you confused with someone else.

i'm wouldn't call myself a good poster, but my previous comment is the truth. (except for that last part, that was an assumption wich could be wrong)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Don't want to teach you to suck eggs, but are you warming up the TM of a few squads in the first easy nodes, using only basic attacks? That makes a big difference! I always make sure I have toons who can stun (RG/EP), debuff (QGJ), tenacity up (Yoda/Rex), hit big (Rey/Droids/Wiggs) etc. warmed up in those nodes to bring on at node 9 or 12 if I have to.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    I think Zarris is bugged because the heals stack.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member

RG seems to be gaining health as I hit him. As soon as I can cleanse his taunt, Bariss has healed everyone. Palp stuns me out of every other turn and Vader's just there for the occasional cutting blade instakill.

I gave up on GW a while ago, but today this was on node 9 and cut through 8 of my teams without losing a man. My A team is zQGJ lead, Aaylaa, JKA, Yoda and Ashoka - most g11.

Is balance that hard?!

your more than welcome to come to my shard. it's filled with wiggando. i'd rather have your opponents.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Feel the power of the dark side....

From Bariss and 5s?

I was just about to post the same thing. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    What are your other teams? May need a team that does heavy burst damage, like Droids, Biggs & Wedge Combo. characters that stun like Old Daka could prove to be very useful as well.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    I agree with @leef. This game has never been "balanced" in the way that people are suggesting. And honestly, since zetas were introduced, the game has been more balanced than it ever was.

You can argue all you want about "what is" and "what ought to be" but the fact is that "what is" is here for a reason, and in this case a very good reason.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member

Is balance that hard?!
    Hmmmm ... no pre-taunter and no real fast char (like TFP to ability block a oh-killer and buff immunity the rest), is this combo really that "strong"?
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    The team you speak of is easy pie. Try playing against Kenobi lead, Bariss, baze, chirrut, and 555s. If that's not a deadlock team I don't know what is. I have defeated this team a few times on the last node and as one poster suggested it really does come down to the power of the darkside. Only my maxed out sith team has been able to conquer bariss heal **** on the first try.
  • A fast Rex makes Zader teams a joke, unless you're ability blocked by TFP.
  • Yogi wrote: »

BF = Blue Falcon?

His Dynomutt synergy is way OP. NERF!

Hanna-Barbera: Galaxy of Heroes.
  • You'll go far in life if whenever you can't do something many others can your knee **** reaction is to say it's not fair. It's so much easier than thinking if others can do it, you can too.
  • But really bored of getting my **** kicked by Palp, RG, 5s, Vader and Bariss.

Is balance that hard?!

I used to be in the same boat as you. I think the problem is running Jedi. When I started playing I ran and farmed Jedi even though everyone said to farm rebels. I'm only level 78 though, and didn't have aaylaa or jka though. I ran Qgj, lumi, mace, yoda, and Ahsoka. Could crack top 50 if I was lucky but would fall out of top 100 almost daily and would always stall out on n11-12 on GW.

Then I made the switch. Now I run Vader, shore, TFP, boba, and maul/savage depending on opponent. Sometimes I sub in ahsoka or Qgj for the 5th spot. I can now get top 20 in arena, rarely falling out of top 50 overnight, and I beat GW daily.

I know this doesn't help with the balance problem, and for a long time I was thick headed and kept thinking my Jedi team was good because I was getting top 100-50. My new squad is way better though, the aoe and dps can't be matched by the Jedi.
  • Marko79
    34 posts Member
    would love that team lately my Node 12 is getting teams such as Zeta Maul, Baze, General Kenobi, Palp and Vadar.

I was whipped into submission
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Carbonari wrote: »
    Yogi wrote: »

BF = Blue Falcon?

Nice. Good to know that I'm not the only one here in the "older/non kid" crowd
  • Yogi wrote: »
    Carbonari wrote: »
    Yogi wrote: »

BF = Blue Falcon?

Nice. Good to know that I'm not the only one here in the "older/non kid" crowd

Probably not as quite as old as you, but definitely had those reruns in the early 80s on the USA Network. I think they were the only programming they had at that point.

Is balance that hard?!

You are taking Jedi against a squad that overpowers Jedi. You need to diversify your squads. I could beat this team easily with my Empire team or Rebels team or my Mix team of Phasma, Rey, SF, Rex, and Fives.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    The Cartoon Express!

Blue Falcon is also Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law's lawyer rival. Fun stuff.
  • You'll go far in life if whenever you can't do something many others can your knee **** reaction is to say it's not fair. It's so much easier than thinking if others can do it, you can too.

Where did I say it wasn't fair?

I just said I was bored of getting beaten by that team and moaned that it doesn't feel very balanced. If it had taken a few goes by a few teams, I'd have been ok with it. I tried all the usual stuff of different targets, different team setups etc. but couldn't get through it. Your reply reads like a crap motivational poster.

Is balance that hard?!

I used to be in the same boat as you. I think the problem is running Jedi. When I started playing I ran and farmed Jedi even though everyone said to farm rebels. I'm only level 78 though, and didn't have aaylaa or jka though. I ran Qgj, lumi, mace, yoda, and Ahsoka. Could crack top 50 if I was lucky but would fall out of top 100 almost daily and would always stall out on n11-12 on GW.

Then I made the switch. Now I run Vader, shore, TFP, boba, and maul/savage depending on opponent. Sometimes I sub in ahsoka or Qgj for the 5th spot. I can now get top 20 in arena, rarely falling out of top 50 overnight, and I beat GW daily.

I know this doesn't help with the balance problem, and for a long time I was thick headed and kept thinking my Jedi team was good because I was getting top 100-50. My new squad is way better though, the aoe and dps can't be matched by the Jedi.

I really hate the idea of meta-chasing. There should be more than one viable team setup. I prefer a game of skill, not who's got the right team with the best speed mods.

It's taken me so long to get my Jedi to this gear level (I'm FTP these days) so the idea of having to start over already is really deflating. I guess that's the name of the game though, huh?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Your reply reads like a **** motivational poster.

Lol.

despairdemotivator.jpeg

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • NovaPrime wrote: »

Is balance that hard?!

You are taking Jedi against a squad that overpowers Jedi. You need to diversify your squads. I could beat this team easily with my Empire team or Rebels team or my Mix team of Phasma, Rey, SF, Rex, and Fives.

Thanks - but as I said, I did try with 8 different teams. Unfortunately, only my jedi are max level and geared that far. My empire team are all in the late 70s and geared around 8 or 9 and they got wiped in two turns. I don't have rebels. My clone squad is early 70s and not well geared.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

you are correct and i would add it's also about your intention in the game and or arena.

as you know i claim to be the least competitive person you will ever meet. and as you know i think the game is unbalanced because of speed mods. but look at the angle i'm coming from.

not being competitive arena becomes hard to me because i'm more interested in just having fun with toons i like. when you step in arena against a team full of synergies and speed mods it becomes no fun and seems hard to me because i barely get a shot.

all i want is fairly balance battles where we all get turns and it comes down to who has the most powerful toons. none of this speed where i barely blink and 3 of my toons are gone before i get to even have one turn. the battles are over before they begin and thats just not fun.