Why is Savage Opress so strong?

Prev1
Hello, I made a long break and returned a few days ago...I noticed that nearly every second team includes savage..what changed? why is he so strong right now? I have him at 7* and I'm thinking of gearing him.

Replies

• Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    He along with Dooku, sidious, maul, Vader, got buffed:
    Savage Opress
    Basic: Staggering Blow
    Now always has 50% chance to inflict Offense Down, doubled on Crit.
    Damage increased.
    Special: Overpower
    Omega: Deal massive damage if the target has 50% Health or below, in addition to previous bonus
    Leader: Pain is Weakness
    Changed to % Defense. Defense maxes out at 75%.
    Omega: +15% Defense and +30% Tenacity.
    Unique: Brute
    At the end of his turns, Savage dispels all debuffs from a random other Sith ally, and gains those debuffs.
    ZETA: Gain Heal Over Time when damaged, Buff Duration + 1, +50% Turn Meter Gain Chance, Dispel all debuffs from Savage whenever he is Critically Hit
    Whenever Savage takes damage, he gains Offense Up, Defense Up, and Heal Over Time for 2 turns and gains 30% Turn Meter. At the end of his turns, Savage Dispels all debuffs on a random other Sith ally, and gains those debuffs for 1 turn. Dispel all debuffs from Savage whenever he is Critically Hit.
  • is he viable without the zeta?
  • He only just recently got the rework. Not too many teams have adopted him yet.
  • AbyssalH
    303 posts Member
    He only just recently got the rework. Not too many teams have adopted him yet.

Rework? Lol
  • SikrouDeco wrote: »

• ritos
    23 posts Member
    Eh. Savage doesn't seem to be too great whenever I use him as an ally and he's normally pretty easy to beat for my squads...
    New to the SWGOH forum
    Star Wars nerd
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    He should have a nightsister tag....
  • He's not a girl lol
  • ritos
    23 posts Member
    Bigboy2004 wrote: »
    He's not a girl lol

facepalm
    New to the SWGOH forum
    Star Wars nerd
  • How do you mod him?
  • ritos
    23 posts Member
    stumpoman wrote: »
    How do you mod him?

To be honest I'd just tell you don't waste your time, credits, and mods. Focus on better Sith characters like Dooku, Vader, Maul.
    New to the SWGOH forum
    Star Wars nerd
  • Malcadon
    2 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    On the topic of Savage.... does Tenacity help in him resisting the gaining of debuffs from allies during his turn through his unique? Or does the "gain" process not do a resist check? Just curious on if modding Tenacity helps with him as a cleanser.
  • stumpoman wrote: »
    How do you mod him?

Hes like a tank so health/protection mods with offense as main stat. With palpatine as lead he always has a chance to heal so he can survive a bit longer
  • SikrouDeco wrote: »

All I saw was

SWG Pre CU - Elder Jedi - Ahazi - Leader: Grey Area 51

and ignored everything else. Always makes me happy to see a fellow Galaxies vet, although I was on Tempest myself.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Malcadon wrote: »
    On the topic of Savage.... does Tenacity help in him resisting the gaining of debuffs from allies during his turn through his unique? Or does the "gain" process not do a resist check? Just curious on if modding Tenacity helps with him as a cleanser.

The debuff gain from allies is unresistable. His tenacity will not help him here unfortunately.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    ritos wrote: »
    To be honest I'd just tell you don't waste your time, credits, and mods. Focus on better Sith characters like Dooku, Vader, Maul.

TBH under a Maul lead I would throw out Vader, Sidious, Dooku, Palpatine, Nihilus and Sith Trooper before I'd drop Savage, worth every single piece of gear and every mod I use on him.

For mods I use and offense and a defense set, Speed, Crit damage and offense primaries on the right side.
  • Bigboy2004
    259 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    He's tough because witches lol
  • Krillion
    68 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    zSavage is very useful on my Zaul,Zavage,ST,Nih,Palp team. Not many setups it cant beat. He has won me many matches just by himself. Most toons are screwed fighting him 1 on 1, even 2-3 on 1 ive won if they dont have a way to stop the healing. Plus modded right he hits as hard as maul does on non Jedi.

https://swgoh.gg/u/krillion/
  • He's Maul's bro man .. he has it in his genes (and a little help from the nightsisters!)
  • If you don't have Boba, Zader or Nihilus he is **** near invincible.
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    I've never thought he was a big problem. Even against Zavage, it makes him more annoying to kill but not a game changer.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    KeKattia wrote: »
    ritos wrote: »

TBH under a Maul lead I would throw out Vader, Sidious, Dooku, Palpatine, Nihilus and Sith Trooper before I'd drop Savage, worth every single piece of gear and every mod I use on him.

For mods I use and offense and a defense set, Speed, Crit damage and offense primaries on the right side.

Yeah exactly. He's the most valuable member of my Sith team, and far better than Dooku or Vader.
  • How is he performing against EP under Nihilus lead ?
    No TM gain, no health and he can't get rid of anything since no one crits him.
  • How is he performing against EP under Nihilus lead ?
    No TM gain, no health and he can't get rid of anything since no one crits him.
    He can't crit under Nihilus lead, opponents can crit him though.
  • He doesn't work well in my shard. Too many DN running around.
  • Will be quite the waste of a zeta when zaul meta dies.
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Will be quite the waste of a zeta when zaul meta dies.

Hence why I'm still sitting on my zeta. I'd rather wait to see how R2 impacts the field instead of betting on Zavage that might not be so useful in a few weeks
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Will be quite the waste of a zeta when zaul meta dies.

You could say that for basically anyone though. Metas change and with them characters you've invested a lot of time in become weak. Almost like EA wants you to keep having to invest in new characters or something......
  • Holio
    99 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    All of the top zMaul teams are doing it.. every single one of them on my shard.. all have nihilius, sith assassin and zSavage..