Yoda and Palpatine rotation: make them replayable with reduced rewards for veterans, review rewards.

As players get more into the game, eventually resources start to thin out. rather, costs racket way, way up.

Having those two events replayable for veterans, to give them a little extra oomph would be in good taste.

Reviewing the rewards on them would be nice too.
Highest difficulty should reward (at least chance of) Zeta. Since players are starved for ship credits, those would come along nicely as well.

Replies

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    This is the best idea i have seen
  • I'd love to replay them for free. no rewards needed, just for fun (and use my now improved roster)
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    +1

Not that "free" suggestion above, but the OP suggestion for sure.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    There is one running every month now right? Alternating between the two? Being able to gain like 1 Zeta mat, a few stun cuffs/gun, and a bit of credits once a month isn't going to break the bank. And it allows us veterans who beat them ages ago to have more playable content that the devs already finished. They don't have to work on something from the ground up. It's already there. I've seen people asking for this since the Yoda event first came out. Nearly a year now. I hope it happens eventually.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    I agree, this sounds like a good idea and a fun one. I only ever got to see the Emperor event once and I remember having fun with it.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Having 150k ship credits, 10 - 4* ship training droids, 1 zeta mat 2 omegas, and 2 pcs of hard gear.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Put this in the suggestion thread.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    aerendhil wrote: »
    I'd love to replay them for free. no rewards needed, just for fun (and use my now improved roster)

This. The music for the Palpatine event was well done! My 11 year old is about to be able to compete in the Palp event - I told him he had to wait for me to be around. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • +1
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    i would be interested in replaying the EP event but that's because i like the throne room. that problem could be solved with a battle that uses the throne room which could already be. i haven't unlocked any of the hard tier 9 nodes except A.
  • They have been doing the droids fight back event a lot lately. Even rewards similar to that would be appreciated and can go along with the event. A few Jedi shards, some credits and gear (cuffs/guns) for the Yoda event, the just switch to Empire shards for Palpatine event. Any time we can use our toons or try something different is greatly appreciated. At once a month this will hardly do anything for farming but a little bone to keep us happy.
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    There is one running every month now right? Alternating between the two? Being able to gain like 1 Zeta mat, a few stun cuffs/gun, and a bit of credits once a month isn't going to break the bank. And it allows us veterans who beat them ages ago to have more playable content that the devs already finished. They don't have to work on something from the ground up. It's already there. I've seen people asking for this since the Yoda event first came out. Nearly a year now. I hope it happens eventually.

+9000
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • I don't see a reason why not, so

+1
  • Great suggestion, id love that, and a Z as reward would be nice.
  • Bonus Tier as replayable for Vets - bump the difficulty another notch and the rewards are as above, low, and it's done mostly for fun/as a way to test teams in the challenge.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    If you could replay the event, you would easily beat it because it is likely you have geared up your characters even more since you did it before. Many players continue to build the required factions for AAT raid. It would not be challenging. However, if they added a bonus tier intended for minimum g10/11, and offered a few shiny trinkets for completing it (omega, credits, ship credits), it would at least provide some playable content.

And a full stun cuff, stun gun, sensor array, or hypo syringe!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Bonus Tier as replayable for Vets - bump the difficulty another notch and the rewards are as above, low, and it's done mostly for fun/as a way to test teams in the challenge.

OMG! This idea just keeps getting better. PLEASE MAKE THIS POSSIBLE!!! :p
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Bonus Tier as replayable for Vets - bump the difficulty another notch and the rewards are as above, low, and it's done mostly for fun/as a way to test teams in the challenge.

Bonus tier brings in General Kenobi to accompany Yoda and two other Jedi. Make it hard.
  • +1
    Add to Suggestions thread. :)
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    +1
    :)
  • Tophar
    111 posts Member
    +1 OP
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    If you could replay the event, you would easily beat it because it is likely you have geared up your characters even more since you did it before. Many players continue to build the required factions for AAT raid. It would not be challenging. However, if they added a bonus tier intended for minimum g10/11, and offered a few shiny trinkets for completing it (omega, credits, ship credits), it would at least provide some playable content.

And a full stun cuff, stun gun, sensor array, or hypo syringe!

incentives are fun and would not be refused but they aren't necessary.

i've heard this idea before about other events. to be able to replay them with no rewards at all just because they are fun. i thought that is what the OP was suggesting. i know that is what i was referring to. i think the EP event is just a fun event to play. i'd play it over and over again with no rewards.

maybe this is the place and opportunity for me to explain why i love the game at a non competitive level. for the love is in the toons, there general abilities and functions and the "battle fields". to be able to play in the emperor's throne room would be great. this is how i enjoy the game and can leave things like the arena behind. i'm more interested in the actual toons, their abilities and functions as a star wars character and where i'm fighting the battle at.

but again, rewards would not be refused but i'd be on board either way.

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    I want to fight prenerf Yoda again
  • This is a really good idea even if they reward just training droids or something it would be good.