Why I like Chopper as a new character

FieldL
96 posts Member
First of all, chopper is cute. Yeah, R2 and BB-8 are cuter, but I think chopper is okay, too. I do want R2 more than chopper, but anyway, I am happy to see any one of them being playable in the game.
Second, the addition of chopper means a lot of characters in Star Wars Rebels will be added soon. Not only we get more rebels (Zeb, Sabine, Hera), which many of you hate (I love them), Jedi (Kanan, Ezra, new Ahsoka(I'm no Jedi)), which hopefully will make Jedi team stronger, we will also get a lot more empire and Sith characters, which I assume you are happy if you are a dark side fan. Thrawn, The 4 inquisitors, Agent Kallus, etc.
Last reason, is that I personally prefer those characters that appear in the movies or tv shows. We don't even have Jedi Luke yet!!! We have characters like Sun Fac, spy, HK-47, and I really don't know them. We also have Darth Nihilus, but I am not sure if you value the games more than the tv show.
Anyway, these are only my opinions. You don't have to agree, but please no bad words.

Replies

• tkl
    295 posts Member
    Thrawn is cool
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    I agree! I'm looking forward to the other 5 members of Phoenix squadron to be added!
    And I hope they release all of the inquisitors! They were all really cool, Seventh Sister, Fifth Brother, Eighth Brother and The Grand Inquisitor of course.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    I totally agree, I like the tv show Rebels. Not as good as Clone Wars but some episodes of Rebels are pretty good.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Seku wrote: »
    I agree! I'm looking forward to the other 5 members of Phoenix squadron to be added!
    And I hope they release all of the inquisitors! They were all really cool, Seventh Sister, Fifth Brother, Eighth Brother and The Grand Inquisitor of course.

Capgasp said on Reddit that they are limited to characters from the current season while Rebels is airing. So unfortunately no Ahsoka, Inquisitors, etc. White hair for Sabine too I guess.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5wps4k/with_rebels_toons_likely_coming_the_real_question/?st=izrlxwxx&sh=e77f76d9
  • Rynn
    69 posts Member
    I want Padme, handmaiden, ric ole (naboo pilot), and naboo starfighter already. Why Padme has been overlooked for so long baffles me. Hell just let her pilot the naboo starfighter as she knows how cause episode 2. Ugh. As much as I want the rebel characters (Hera and Sabine specifically) I think we should have padme first.
  • If you hasn't played KOTOR, you should, both are absolutely amazing game, incredible story, hell, first KOTOR is on mobile device also, Republic Commandos are also a great shooter. On the other note, if they are sticking with current season, Agent Kallus will probably be a light side rebel I guess, or both rebel and empire, that will be interesting
  • Old Ashoka has white lightsabers
  • ?
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I would've rather had R3-S6. Great droid.
    latest?cb=20160913051830
    About:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R3-S6
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    Capgasp said on Reddit that they are limited to characters from the current season while Rebels is airing. So unfortunately no Ahsoka, Inquisitors, etc. White hair for Sabine too I guess.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5wps4k/with_rebels_toons_likely_coming_the_real_question/?st=izrlxwxx&sh=e77f76d9

If that's true - and it looks to be - that's a shame. I was really hoping we'd get Vizago.
  • Star_trollz
    145 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    FieldL wrote: »
    First of all, chopper is cute. Yeah, R2 and BB-8 are cuter, but I think chopper is okay, too. I do want R2 more than chopper, but anyway, I am happy to see any one of them being playable in the game.
    Second, the addition of chopper means a lot of characters in Star Wars Rebels will be added soon. Not only we get more rebels (Zeb, Sabine, Hera), which many of you hate (I love them), Jedi (Kanan, Ezra, new Ahsoka(I'm no Jedi)), which hopefully will make Jedi team stronger, we will also get a lot more empire and Sith characters, which I assume you are happy if you are a dark side fan. Thrawn, The 4 inquisitors, Agent Kallus, etc.
    Last reason, is that I personally prefer those characters that appear in the movies or tv shows. We don't even have Jedi Luke yet!!! We have characters like Sun Fac, spy, HK-47, and I really don't know them. We also have Darth Nihilus, but I am not sure if you value the games more than the tv show.
    Anyway, these are only my opinions. You don't have to agree, but please no bad words.

The original KOTOR is better than KOTOR 2. Sure it has a good story, laid the groundwork for a lot of star wars backstory, the SWTOR computer game, yada yada yada.

Now let's really put KOTOR into perspective, maybe you don't appreciate it because it's a fairly old game, built on a dated game engine, etc. It's also built on the D&D d20 game system, so anyone into old school table top gaming appreciates it. KOTOR pretty much single handedly changed the world of gaming, and the world of RPG's. For its time, the graphics were amazing and the open world gameplay was like nothing else. Now you have franchises like the elder scrolls, and such rpgs with open world gameplay.

The original mass effect is the closest thing to KOTOR. If it wasn't for KOTOR, you wouldn't have the mass effect or dragon age franchises. It pioneered the ability to pick your path in an rpg, where your choices and dialogue affected the outcome of the game.

EA and CG, by including HK-47 in the game is more than just a shout out to the game and legends material, it's an acknowledgment to bioware, the gaming industry and community, and their way of showing thanks and paying homage to what KOTOR did that transcends Star Wars.

I don't see anything groundbreaking about "Rebels". The KOTOR universe deserves to be in this game just as much as content from anything cannon. You don't have to be a huge Star Wars fan to know about the game, any older hard core gamer knows exactly what it is.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    FieldL wrote: »

The original KOTOR is better than KOTOR 2. Sure it has a good story, laid the groundwork for a lot of star wars backstory, the SWTOR computer game, yada yada yada.

Now let's really put KOTOR into perspective, maybe you don't appreciate it because it's a fairly old game, built on a dated game engine, etc. It's also built on the D&D d20 game system, so anyone into old school table top gaming appreciates it. KOTOR pretty much single handedly changed the world of gaming, and the world of RPG's. For its time, the graphics were amazing and the open world gameplay was like nothing else. Now you have franchises like the elder scrolls, and such rpgs with open world gameplay.

The original mass effect is the closest thing to KOTOR. If it wasn't for KOTOR, you wouldn't have the mass effect or dragon age franchises. It pioneered the ability to pick your path in an rpg, where your choices and dialogue affected the outcome of the game.

EA and CG, by including HK-47 in the game is more than just a shout out to the game and legends material, it's an acknowledgment to bioware, the gaming industry and community, and their way of showing thanks and paying homage to what KOTOR did that transcends Star Wars.

I don't see anything groundbreaking about "Rebels". The KOTOR universe deserves to be in this game just as much as content from anything cannon. You don't have to be a huge Star Wars fan to know about the game, any older hard core gamer knows exactly what it is.

+1000