Have mod packs been completely eliminated with tournaments?

LeoRavus
1165 posts Member
edited March 2017
Since the two were intertwined for some reason are mod packs gone for good too?

Replies

• N1c0
    248 posts Member
    :'( I hope is not like that
  • Bigslow
    104 posts Member
    They need to be brought back and permanently placed in the store.
  • Yeah bring them back
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Yep. Looks like all your complaining not only killed the tournaments but everything else with it.

Betcha they probably just forgot about mod packs or it's on their list of things to do/update.
  • Red_Madness
    367 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I love how there's one of these treads weekly but no answer is ever given. (Not saying they should, but I find it curious lol)
    This is a signature.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    I love how there's one of these treads weekly but no answer is ever given. (Not saying they should, but I find it curious lol)

They probably don't even know.
  • I hope they don't, I bought a lot and my shard didn't. Since the game has no reasonable way to get mods, I'm sitting pretty in the speed dept for quite a while.

The real solution is to fix the mod challenges.
  • Skuddy
    137 posts Member
    +1 I would throw a bunch of money at mods.
    Are you listening CG/EA? This would be a shut up and take my money situation
  • +1
  • RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    Would be great to have an official response on this - @CG_TopHat @CG_Kozispoon @EA_Jesse
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    Our team is always looking for ways to improve our user experience, so the Mod Packs are being given a second look. We're aiming to have them resurface in the game at a later date. Cheers!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Hiya!
    Our team is always looking for ways to improve our user experience, so the Mod Packs are being given a second look. We're aiming to have them resurface in the game at a later date. Cheers!

Like in August?
  • RyanRen wrote: »
    Would be great to have an official response on this - @CG_TopHat @CG_Kozispoon @EA_Jesse

Totally agree, any response would be more than welcome. I've got 20+ guild members willing and waiting to shell out for them.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Kell_Jon wrote: »
    RyanRen wrote: »

Totally agree, any response would be more than welcome. I've got 20+ guild members willing and waiting to shell out for them.

a dev responded like 15 minutes prior to your comment.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • chezhead
    221 posts Member
    if mod packs are brought back permanently no one would ever run the mod sims again. I know I wouldn't.

i would get better mods in one pack than i would get farming mods for one week with multiple refreshes.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    leef wrote: »

a dev responded like 15 minutes prior to your comment.

15 minutes after.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)

de03e621_tumblr_ma3rd3gli71qd5ba5.gif

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Kell_Jon wrote: »

de03e621_tumblr_ma3rd3gli71qd5ba5.gif

Just as I was about to complain about a response from you without a gif... I love you, kozispoon.
  • Take_a_Bite
    352 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    SF8MzIP.gif
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    Please tell me that gif is not DEV thinking about raising $ and lower drop qualities........
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    chezhead wrote: »
    if mod packs are brought back permanently no one would ever run the mod sims again. I know I wouldn't.

i would get better mods in one pack than i would get farming mods for one week with multiple refreshes.

100% agree. I will never do mod challenges again if these come back.
  • chezhead
    221 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    chezhead wrote: »

100% agree. I will never do mod challenges again if these come back.

this is why it will never happen.

i think EA/CG just needs to figure out a schedule and a reason why they throw us a bone for good mod packs.

• Bomroll
    399 posts Member
    Should just be when char events happen.
  • Tie it to Yoda, Palpatine, and future events that join the rotation. That would be less often than they were scheduling tournaments but on a regular basis. It'd also make me a bit more excited about the week where the Jedi order stuff shows up in shops.
  • ptr
    173 posts Member
    Hiya!

Me and most of the players are waiting for mod packs since their last appearance in shop. Mod packs are one the best thing to buy for crystals in this game. I am getting little bit scared by your statement that you are having "second look" on them to "improve user experience". I really do hope you don't nerf them, as the drop from pack is amazing for the crystal value. Thank you
  • Mod packs have been avaialble in Japan a few times in several forms.

The cost went up to 1,000 crystals, the number of mods received went down and the quality of mods went drastically down. 87% of the mods I received were green. Think the 5-30 toon shard packs where the the odds are heavily skewed to the worst outcome.

Speed secondary stat chance dropped from 34% to ZERO mainly because green only have 1 secondary vs 4 w gold.

Careful what you wish for. You want the same mod packs, not a mod pack.