Arena: Reward for performance on defense

Tiggus
766 posts Member
It would be great to get a daily reward for the performance of our Arena teams in defense: some credits, ally points, whatever, proportional to how many battles it won.

The best part of it would not be the actual rewards, but the fact that we'd know, every day, if we somehow held our ground by putting up good fights, or just by the luck of not standing on the path of anyone else, or even it being a lazy day of minimal Arena activity.
☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/

Replies

• I suggested this in June 2016. It's absolutely a metic that would be of interest to the user population.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/49642/enhancement-idea-throw-us-a-bone-for-defending-in-arena#latest
  • Totally agree.

I've 5 shard mates on the top ten, so thats 5 to 25 battles I will win on defense everyday.

I'm hoping we can get 250k credits per fight won.

/sarcasm
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Been noticing a trend lately in games where they don't count defensive wins or losses. They only seem to count wins now for whatever reason. Personally I love keeping stats such as win/loss/draw and has been a pet peeve of mine since starting the game that it only logs wins. One of the best parts of arena is knowing when you win on defense. But only way to tell that now is if someone tells you they lost or if you try to enter battle but it says "someone is already battling you" and you don't lose rank after five minutes.

This is another on my "should be in qol update but for some silly reason isn't list"
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    probably because most don't want to be bothered with tracking stats. it's a game. i've got better things to do then track a game. i play it when i play it and when i'm not playing it it's out of site out of mind.
  • spotremix wrote: »
    probably because most don't want to be bothered with tracking stats. it's a game. i've got better things to do then track a game. i play it when i play it and when i'm not playing it it's out of site out of mind.

And yet you spend time working the forums when you aren't playing it... And you took time to reply to this post.

Out of sight, out of mind for you? Ok, sure thing, bud. Clearly it is.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member

LOL... You beat me to it :)
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Malthael wrote: »
    Totally agree.

I've 5 shard mates on the top ten, so thats 5 to 25 battles I will win on defense everyday.

/sarcasm

I was thinking the same thing and good majority of those defense rewards would be going to people who just backed out without fighting to get dailies done if they are sitting in good position.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Malthael wrote: »

/sarcasm

I'm sure we can reasonably ask for 250 credits per win, yes. Only the "k" will get lost in translation...
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    spotremix wrote: »

And yet you spend time working the forums when you aren't playing it... And you took time to reply to this post.

I'm not finding it difficult to track wins since all I have to do is read a number next to the words "battles won". I want additional words with numbers next to them like losses and defensive wins.
  • Tharivol
    130 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Tiggus wrote: »
    It would be great to get a daily reward for the performance of our Arena teams in defense: some credits, ally points, whatever, proportional to how many battles it won.

The best part of it would not be the actual rewards, but the fact that we'd know, every day, if we somehow held our ground by putting up good fights, or just by the luck of not standing on the path of anyone else, or even it being a lazy day of minimal Arena activity.

I foresaw the Dark Side rising 2 months before it happened and got my characters ready for it. Thanks to that I rise from top 20-50 everyday to top 1-2-3 everyday now. And thanks for the rewards I can easily stay there as a F2P player. And can easily say that Reward difference is ridiculously high as it is now. 1st taking 500 crystals / 11th taking only 200 crystals. Making it impossible for lower ranks to get higher, unless they are very lucky and/or foresee the upcoming future of the game. (On more established servers where most people already maxed out most of the characters, entirely impossible)
    With this change it would make the reward range even bigger, and make it even worse for the lower ranked ones.
    But;
    warmonkey wrote: »
    I'm not finding it difficult to track wins since all I have to do is read a number next to the words "battles won". I want additional words with numbers next to them like losses and defensive wins.
    This would entirely solve that problem.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member

Whenever I know I'm going to lose I just retreat out because I'm not gonna spend the rest of the time fighting to be death. That counts as a draw not a loss. I'm sure lots do something similar.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Zooey wrote: »

Whenever I know I'm going to lose I just retreat out because I'm not gonna spend the rest of the time fighting to be death. That counts as a draw not a loss. I'm sure lots do something similar.

I've defiantly taken advantage of mechanics like that in other games to make my win/losses look better than they actually were just for bragging rights lmao

In the good old days this was tougher in some games since you had to restart your PC or modem to do this :blush:
  • adeoetrege
    22 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    The idea is not bad. But just imagine how it would end. Whales that are getting top all the time would get better rewards because there's not so many f2p players that can beat them (I'm taking about old players, not those who just started). They will get more crystals/money/item (whatever dev would decide to give) and the gap between p2p and f2p would be even bigger. F2p would get angry even more, swgoh team would get less money (whales would buy less crystals). Not to mention that giving so many rewards now would give so big advantage in long term, that anyone who would like to go high in ranks wouldn't be able to do it.

So yes for some info about def wins in account info, no to real rewards, especially crystals.
  • How about you get rewards based on how often your team gets targeted instead of win/loss? Just a different suggestion to help those who run a good team on offense but no so good on defense.
  • Helo
    4 posts Member
    I play another game where you get 10 tokens per Defensive win, and 0 for a defensive loss. for some, it could drastically increase the amount of tokens received in a day. Would then make it easier to get shop purchases quicker.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    the reward is your rank doesn't drop. Many games have rewards for defensive wins and even "revenge" options for losses but these are usually for a point based Pvp system so I doubt it would happen for anything other than tournaments
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Tharivol wrote: »
    With this change it would make the reward range even bigger, and make it even worse for the lower ranked ones.
    adeoetrege wrote: »
    ...Not to mention that giving so many rewards now would give so big advantage in long term, that anyone who would like to go high in ranks wouldn't be able to do it.

Isn't it funny how the word "reward" translates:
    • For players into hundred(s) of crystals, fully crafted high-level gear, dozens of shards
    • For the game producers into hundred(s) of credits, a couple of salvage of some challenge gear, or one shard of a toon from the GW collection

I was being realistic here, so yes... hundred(s) of credits! Yay! It was more an excuse to see how many attempts to beat my team there was in the last 24h, and how many of them were a win for my team (draw counting as a win).

If I fall back to rank #15, I guess I must have lost around 4 battles, but was it 4 out of 4, or out of 5, 6,... 10? That information is strategic in the sense that if I lost 4 out of 4 or 5, then I must expect to fall much lower in the coming days, or somehow think of changing my defense comp. If I lost 4 out of 12, then I'm probably doing ok, and people will get tired of trying.