Am I Ready to Join the Dark Side?

I have been working on my dark side team for ages now, my swgoh is below. I know my TFP is only 5* but I have plenty of speed to put on him for his opening AOE. I am thinking of EP (L), Vader, Maul, TFP, and for my fifth I go back and forth between Boba and Sith Trooper. I’d love a taunter but Boba provides more ability block and can revive which has saved me multiple times in arena. You guys on the forums rock and without your advice I wouldn’t have as good of a team as I do now. Let me know what you think of this team and if they are arena worthy.

https://swgoh.gg/u/phatphil3/

Replies

• Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    I'd say it depends on your shard, if you're facing a lot of wiggs teams a pretaunt is best or a lot of the time you're looking at 4v5 right out of the gate. And as much as I love him, unless maul is zeta and lead I think kylo or boba would be a better option for that spot, unless of course you face a lot of jedi. I run palp, vader, boba, tfp and shore (mostly against wiggs teams) and it's a coin flip on if I can win or not as my gear is a little low and my mods aren't very good.
  • Options
    I was thinking TFP ability block Biggs, and then Maul can drop his daze to keep them from every getting that trip assist. Add in everyone else, EP stun, Vader force crush. I do see your point though, I had the same concern with maul
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    I just don't think you get maul fast enough to get a daze off without a taunter, I tried him in place of boba on my squad and even at g10 he was normally dead before he even moved, again though I don't have good speed mods and my best are on tfp and I still only have him at 197 so mods will play a huge role.
  • Options
    I could get my TFP to around 217 but then my maul would be 14 slower, the other 27 would come from Biggs' secondaries
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not saying it couldn't work, I had your same idea about daze, it just didn't work for me. As far as your tfp at 5* idk I didn't throw mine in until he was 6* but of course gear is more important than * level.
  • Options
    A shoretrooper can be a gamechanger for you since it will buy you cover for your TFP if you choose to run him. I heart TFP, esp when his foresight is up frequently while speedily taking people wiggs teams down lol. Also a DN with your EP, Vader and Maul would be most annoying to a lot of people lol
  • Options
    I don't have Sith Trooper viable at the moment, so no comment on him. I would use Boba personally. The dude is just plain nasty at high gear levels and since he revives himself, he's basically a 6th man on your team. If you zeta his resolve, he comes back with 100% protection.
  • Options
    Boba is a good fit there
  • Options
    So currently, EP, Vader, Boba, TFP, and Maul? Or keep sith trooper for the taunt?
  • Options
    I'd say boba or ST depends on who you fight .. but honestly you need a tank to help tfp
    so either

EP, Vader, TFP, ST, Maul .. or EP, Vader, Maul, Boba, ST
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice guys, I am gonna try it out for sure!