I have 1 person in my guild using airplane mode during RancorRaid. PLZ Help

Prev1
I have one member of our guild using AirplaneMode in our guild when we do RANCOR. Multiple times hes posted scores after the Raid is over pushing me out of the Top3. He wont address the issue & as an officer, I need to know if he has an unfair advantage. If u can, please explain to me in detail the benefit of one person using it while noone else does. Thnx

Replies

• Obviously it irritates me, but i truly dont want to alienate him. Please dont respond w/ "Well why dont u use it?". Im not simple. I just dont want an unfair advantage for myself or some other d-bag.
  • Lol, the only reason to use airplane mode is so you don't log damage early by accident (if you have a 0 damage time). Airplane mode allows him to safely preload damage without messing up the raid for everyone.
  • There is no "advantage," unless he is preloading damage (and only if preloading is against the rules). If he is pushing you out of the top 3, it means he is capable of doing more damage than you.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    does the damage only count once he backs out of airplane mode?
  • EasyRight
    145 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    So say I make a run w/ my 1st team in Round#1. I score a million points. Using Airplane Mode do I then get to go into my next attempt as if I was the only player tackling the Raid? Meaning: does he get another attempt at Round#1 if the rest of the guild has been ushered into the 2nd or even 3rd tier?
  • Dhoey321 wrote: »
    Yeah, when he turns airplane mode off the damage logs.
  • EasyRight wrote: »
    So say I make a run w/ my 1st team in Round#1. I score a million points. Using Airplane Mode do I then get to go into my next attempt as if I was the only player tackling the Raid? Meaning: does he get another attempt at Round#1 if the rest of the guild has been ushered into the 2nd or even 3rd tier?
    No.
  • How it was explained to me - airplane mode does not allow you to connect to the game and therefore not post any damage. If your guild has a 0 damage for 24 hour policy, he can start the raid before the 24 hours are up and not violate that rule. In airplane mode, he can complete phases and go as far as he can, and the game will not post his score. This means that he could theoretically solo the raid before the 24 hours are up, not post because he is in airplane mode, and everybody else starts in phase 1. His number one advantage is that he can have multiple tries at soloing the raid without violating the 0/24 rule. Another advantage that he might have if he can solo the raid is if he does and then posts his score right after the 24 hour, then the raid is over and the results timer starts. This doesn't allow anyone else to get in the raid and those that are in it only have one chance and an hour to post their best score. However, you state that he is posting his damage after the raid is over, so he doesn't seem to be trying to use that second advantage.
  • At the very least it gives him an unfair advantage because he is free of the time crunch of the opening round as 25-30people are all going at once to get their opening round points before it starts the 2nd tier. My guild beats heroic Rancor (like most everyone else) in about 25min, so its a free-for-all.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    Yeah, when he turns airplane mode off the damage logs.

interesting. How many guilds or people do you think use it and would you recommend it?
    At the very least it gives him an unfair advantage because he is free of the time crunch of the opening round as 25-30people are all going at once to get their opening round points before it starts the 2nd tier. My guild beats heroic Rancor (like most everyone else) in about 25min, so its a free-for-all.

Well that's not entirely true either, unless he starts his attack before FFA starts.
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Virtually every heroic guild with people who can solo/do large dmg use airplane mode. I fail to see how it gives anyone an unfair advantage since it is available to everyone and it doesn't break any dmg posting time/phase rules. If anything else, this guy is being nice to everyone by waiting until the raid is done to post his dmg. He could have posted 1sec after ur wait period is over and finish a phase or the whole raid as soon as ur dmg period started.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Vorgen wrote: »
    Virtually every heroic guild with people who can solo/do large dmg use airplane mode. I fail to see how it gives anyone an unfair advantage since it is available to everyone and it doesn't break any dmg posting time/phase rules. If anything else, this guy is being nice to everyone by waiting until the raid is done to post his dmg. He could have posted 1sec after ur wait period is over and finish a phase or the whole raid as soon as ur dmg period started.

So the raid can end and be in victory status and once you back out of Airplane mode it will log your damage?
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Yes but u still need to back out and log ur dmg during the 1hr finalizing period.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Yes but u still need to back out and log ur dmg during the 1hr finalizing period.

right that's what i meant. Thanks
  • Our guild switched a long time ago from a raid "start" time, to a raid "record" time. You have to have rules about when people can post scores. We used to use 15 minutes after opening, but that was when we had people that could solo P1 only. Now we have multiple people that can solo the entire raid. We make those that can solo the entire Rancor raid wait to post their score after the raid is finished or 2 hours from the start/post time.

As your players get better rosters, you will need to adjust your rules over time.

There is nothing unfair about using airplane mode or preloading if you don't have rules about it. Everyone uses those methods now.
  • Its an unfair advantage if noone else uses it. Guess Ill have to post something & explain it to the guild
  • Thanks everybody
  • >Its an unfair advantage if noone else uses it. Guess Ill have to post something & explain it to the guild

No it isn't, in now way shape or form is he getting any extra damage out of it. If anything in your example it's being used as a courtesy to not end the raid early for everyone else.
  • He might not even be using airplane mode. He's just finishing later than you do. After the Rancor is dead, there is a 1 hour period you can still post damage if you are still in the raid. He isn't doing anything wrong.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    the only advantage of using airplane mode is to let you retry it..
    e.g: on 1st try you reach to 20% of p3, you don't like it? close the game, turn off airplane mode start the game again
    on 2nd try you reach to 50% of p4, good, turn off airplane mode and log the damage

isn't "unfair advantage" at all...
    in fact, its a perfect option to let you know how good is your team atm or to get a good rng :smile:

and if you think it is unfair beacuse he took the 3rd place, then... what about of all of the other guys that are still fighting even when the reward timer starts, those guys taking places from others too...
    they got unfair advantage because they still can do some more damage?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    EasyRight wrote: »
    Its an unfair advantage if noone else uses it. Guess Ill have to post something & explain it to the guild

Let's just call it for what it is. You think it's unfair only because you were pushed out of the top 3 rewards. He did more dmg than you not because he used airplane mode and you didn't. Guess what, if you used it too, he'd still beat you because we all know it doesn't give anyone any xtra dmg. You are just sour that you didn't get top 3. Now there is no rules against u or ur other officers/gm to make sure none of your guild members can rank higher than you in raids so u all can funnel gears to ur selves. But don't come on here and pretend u r somehow a victim of someone who cheated and seek validation of your own selfishness.
  • Vorgen wrote: »
    Its an unfair advantage if noone else uses it. Guess Ill have to post something & explain it to the guild

Let's just call it for what it is. You think it's unfair only because you were pushed out of the top 3 rewards. He did more dmg than you not because he used airplane mode and you didn't. Guess what, if you used it too, he'd still beat you because we all know it doesn't give anyone any xtra dmg. You are just sour that you didn't get top 3. Now there is no rules against u or ur other officers/gm to make sure none of your guild members can rank higher than you in raids so u all can funnel gears to ur selves. But don't come on here and pretend u r somehow a victim of someone who cheated and seek validation of your own selfishness.

Haha, said what I was thinking. No harm in what he is doing.
    T Pain
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited March 2017

I agree with this. There is no extra damage using that tactic and frankly a good deal of people are aware of it.

I also think the issue is you're but hurt because you didn't get the rewards you thought you got. You shouldn't punish someone in your guild over something that's really about your own agenda.
  • PRIMEN
    38 posts Member
    Airplane mode? Hahahaha you mad bro? LOL you made my day
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    He only gets to run one team while everyone else can rattle through different parts of the raid. Doesn't sound much like an unfair advantage
    No it isn't. It's a perfectly valid thing to do in order to stop himself from messing up the raid for others.
  • To the OP: the guy can do more damage than you - that is the crux of the issue. In short, you need to get better. Sorry, but that's the fact.

Airplane mode does nothing other than to prevent you from dropping damage should all of your 5 toons die. It doesn't allow you to continue the raid in isolation as if nobody else is participating.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2017

Please explain exactly HOW it's an unfair advantage.

Did you ever notice the 1 hour time period to finalize the results of the raid? It's not the calculations of the rewards that take 1 hour. It's to allow everybody to finish their attacks and register their scores before calculating the rewards. If their score is higher than yours then of course they surpass you in the rankings.

Again:
    Please explain what unfair advantage you refer to.

PS. I'm actually quite amazed how you still think airplane mode gives anybody an unfair advantage after everybody has explained to you that it gives no advantage at all. I'd love to be able to do a memory dump of your brain.
  • Siskin
    135 posts Member
    There's no unfair advantage here, and there's absolutely no way to police it. If you're concern is getting pushed out of top 3, your only recourse is to get better.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/siskin/
    Line I.D. Siskin59953
This discussion has been closed.