Stormtrooper Han's "Draw Fire" Bug ...?

I was in arena the other day, running ZQGJ lead, with Aayla, Anakin, Yoda, and Fives. Tried to stun Han with Aayla, unsuccessfully but her assist pulled Anakin in and he landed the Buff and heal immunity. Now I've done this several times, and maybe I just never noticed it earlier, but with the buff immunity on Han his TM gain for taking damage was still working. If he doesn't gain taunt because of the immunity, shouldn't that mean that the rest of the effects from "Draw Fire" shouldn't work as well...? The ability says that "he gains taunt for three turns." And that " allies gain 20% turn meter whenever Han is damaged." Both of those are buffs, aren't they...?

Replies

• Is anyone else experiencing this effect, where STHan doesn't have taunt but his allies are still gaining TM?
  • I posted this yesterday as well.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Yes this has been reported as a bug long ago and still no further info other than investigating.
  • Deedlit
    118 posts Member
    The taunt and tm gain should be separate? Its like phasma, allies still get it even w/ buff immunity. The buff itself doesn't give the tm, therefore the tm gain when draw fire is activated should not be affected by buff immunity.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Deedlit wrote: »
    The taunt and tm gain should be separate? Its like phasma, allies still get it even w/ buff immunity. The buff itself doesn't give the tm, therefore the tm gain when draw fire is activated should not be affected by buff immunity.

OP is not talking about the 30% TM push when STH uses Draw fire. It is the 20% TM push when he is damaged.

That 20% TM push when damaged expires at 4x turn end or removal of the "taunt_buff". It does not currently require the taunt buff to be successful to activate.
    ntdlTKH.png

That means if the taunt is blocked you can't dispell the taunt so you can't stop the TM give when STH is damaged.
  • So they are separate effects, that helps. Thank scuba! I don't like that the effects work independently of each other, but that's not my call. I'll just have to make sure I only stun him from now on.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    SolariJedi wrote: »
    So they are separate effects, that helps. Thank scuba! I don't like that the effects work independently of each other, but that's not my call. I'll just have to make sure I only stun him from now on.

They are separate but I don't think they should be. IMO the TM push while damaged should only activate if the taunt is successful.

They have actually inserted the same bug with Chopper even before he is released. Currently he can be buff blocked to prevent taunt but still gain the evasion which will not go away till the end of the match.
  • scuba wrote: »
    SolariJedi wrote: »
    So they are separate effects, that helps. Thank scuba! I don't like that the effects work independently of each other, but that's not my call. I'll just have to make sure I only stun him from now on.

They are separate but I don't think they should be. IMO the TM push while damaged should only activate if the taunt is successful.

They have actually inserted the same bug with Chopper even before he is released. Currently he can be buff blocked to prevent taunt but still gain the evasion which will not go away till the end of the match.

yeah I agree. Any effects that apply with the taunt, should be blocked if the taunt is blocked. Going back to basics a GM would never allow the effects of a taunt to trigger if the taunt failed on the person or was caught flat footed, in a real life table top game. But as I said, not my call, so just have to deal with it for now.