Phoenix Squadron (Rebels) upcoming events!

Replies

• Options
    With the characters from the Rebels cartoon coming out, hopefully we will see Thrawn as a playable toon.
  • Options
    Ledinis wrote: »
    To those not understanding why the hate for Rebels, this is reason enough to dismiss the show as an abomination ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sOvNYYH6Cs

Then that was followed by a light saber fight that was better than any light saber fight in all of the clone wars..... guess I'll take the trade.

Wel said captseawalker. Maybe the helicopter lightsabers were stupid. But it doesn't take away from the show at all. I'm 30 years old and I don't feel like I'm watching a show for kids when I watch rebels. It's seriously getting really really good now. Some episodes are better than others but clone wars was no different there.

I think clone wars was the single greatest animated by show I've watched. And it was even better because every episode felt a little like a new movie exploring new Star Wars content. But if peopl just dropped their hesitation with rebels they would find it's really good.

Ridiculous the current characters from canon Star Wars tv show gets this much Negativity when they are introduced to the game. And for people saying how upsetting the dark side only got to be meta for a month or two. How do we even know the new characters will be that good. We really don't know anything about them yet.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    And remember that Ahsoka has a really nice butt in Rebels. Def an improvement.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Bt_7274 wrote: »
    vessaharja wrote: »
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Agni wrote: »
    But you also have maul and adult ahsoka and a bad **** Vader fight in that whole episode the good kinda outways the lightsaber ****

That scene is an abomination. Vader could kill Erza and Kanan in less than 2 seconds yet somehow they escape and put up a good fight... Not to mention some girl takes a lazer straight to the fore head and lives. F off Disney....

Dude this just displays that Vodar is slow and sucks. Not the awesome lord everyone thinks he is. And remember that Anakin was almost defeated by Hondo so there you have it: Vader is a poor slow moving piece of scrap metal.

This person is not a true star wars fan,also its vader not vodar,just fyi

Uhm.. Have you seen some of the things that happened in the new comics?

And he wrote Vader later so it was clearly a mistake. Go away
    Theres no point arguing with you so im finishing the argument now,to each his own
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    With the characters from the Rebels cartoon coming out, hopefully we will see Thrawn as a playable toon.

Not sure since they only plan to release Phoenix toons now.
  • Options
    I've watched all episodes so far

Aside form a quite boring season 1 and helicopter lightsaber, the show really isn't that bad. The plot line in season 2 and 3 is really interesting. Highlights are season 2 finale and thrawn. Thrawn is amazing and is portrayed very accurately to the books.
    The latest episode of Rebels was reeeaally well done too.

Clone wars still rocks but rebels is good in its own right
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    Is anyone else not even remotely excited?
    I'm not but there are quite a few that are so i don't mind since its going to last a month except the part about the whole THEY ARE IMPORTANT FOR APRIL SHIP EVENT

but meh ships

means i'll be busy gearing up the toons i'm currently focusing on unless they release some of the premium toons for F2P in March
  • Options
    Finally some new non generic (sorry sith assasin) female characters! I for one am a big fan of rebels. Season 1 was garbage tbh but I stuck with it because...Star Wars, and the show has gotten better ever since.

The recent Sabine episodes were some of the best storytelling I've seen in star wars. I hope they include darksaber Sabine.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    So, after all the hype for Dark Side rising, we got the whole of three new character, with only one named. Now, they just casually announce six (judging from the picture) more rebels, all named, and two ships.
    I feel that the devs' response to all the people clamoring for KOTOR characters is basically "Here's Nihilus, so shut up for another year"
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    So, after all the hype for Dark Side rising, we got the whole of three new character, with only one named. Now, they just casually announce six (judging from the picture) more rebels, all named, and two ships.
    I feel that the devs' response to all the people clamoring for KOTOR characters is basically "Here's Nihilus, so shut up for another year"

They didnt just add three new sith. They added three new arena viable characters and reworked just about the entire sith faction and made them the top meta. Most of those sith (savage, dooku, sidious) hadnt been even remotely meta in a long time. Now they're more popular than any other faction among top teams.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options

Errr, 5 new characters. Krooper was also part of the dark side rising month. 5 new characters in one month, and a rework for all FO and most Sith seems pretty legit to me.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

They didnt just add three new sith. They added three new arena viable characters and reworked just about the entire sith faction and made them the top meta. Most of those sith (savage, dooku, sidious) hadnt been even remotely meta in a long time. Now they're more popular than any other faction among top teams.

Oh, thanks for reminding me, I didn't notice! </sarcasm>
    Do you honestly think they will not try to make the rebels new meta? And given their habit of making new characters a counter for the previous meta, we all can see where this is heading...
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

Do you honestly think they will not try to make the rebels new meta? And given their habit of making new characters a counter for the previous meta, we all can see where this is heading...

I thought people hated having a single "OP" meta
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options

Which previous meta do you think the new rebels will be countering. The Chaze rebel meta? The Maul meta? The Zader meta? The FO meta?

Because right now, there are very many viable teams, with many not even really tested yet (Krooper, Nihilus).

While I think adding so many new characters is bad because it doesn't allow time to develop any of them, the current crop of teams seems far more interesting than those months when the only thing that could beat a Wiggs team was a faster Wiggs team.
  • Options
    Atleast now (possibly) with Kanan and Ezra, we could implement a Jedi/Rebel squad, atleast one of them must have a Jedi/Rebel leader ability right?....
  • Options
    Im very excited!
    benacrow wrote: »
    Is anyone else not even remotely excited?

VERY excited! :)
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options
    It is fine the bad thing is that we are getting that whiny dumb ezra,and yes i watched season 3 it gets a lot better than season 3 but i still dont like ezra(kanan got a little better)
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Options
    Ledinis wrote: »
    To those not understanding why the hate for Rebels, this is reason enough to dismiss the show as an abomination ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sOvNYYH6Cs

Do people hate all of the prequels because of jar-jar?

Yes because star wars fans are the worst.
  • Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    Options
    Couldn't care less about the toons. Might be fun to play so I'll give them a round, but won't bother buying the packs for em.

I'll be hyped when they drop Revan... That's all I want o.O ... For now ... Lol
  • Cappadocius
    145 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I enjoy Rebels but just very blah on the chars getting released to SWGOH. I can't really explain it. Though the show I still can't believe everyone loves is Clone Wars. I bought the first 3 seasons and I can't get past the 7th episode. It is just all the same thing each episode. People keep telling me it gets better in the later seasons but it just so bad in the beginning.
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    They won't get a PENNY from me for this trash. No matter how META they become.
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    We are missing so many legit characters in the game and they decide to add these disgraceful trash bags???
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Sorry. I'll sit this one out. Of all the great characters and factions they could have done a weekly release with. They chose...this? uggghhh.

J6OeA.gif

That resume perfectly my opinion. I won't even bother to gear them

I hope april will be separatist month
  • Options
    On a side note does anyone know how many new chars were released all of last year? This will bring us to 11 so far this year right?
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    I like new content. This is new content.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I enjoy Rebels but just very blah on the chars getting released to SWGOH. I can't really explain it. Though the show I still can't believe everyone loves is Clone Wars. I bought the first 3 seasons and I can't get past the 7th episode. It is just all the same thing each episode. People keep telling me it gets better in the later seasons but it just so bad in the beginning.
    People seem to forget that like Rebels, the Clone Wars also took several seasons (arguably more than Rebels) to find its footing. Whats nice about TCW is that since its an anthology format, you can skip lame storylines.
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Lol people trashing Rebels haven't even watched the show, let alone season 2 or 3. Rebels is the current animated series and it only makes sense to have them in the game. Sure Ezra is whiny and Kanan is meh, but I enjoy the show because it's Star Wars.

I watched up to season 3 episode 8. Only watched it that far Because it's SW. That show is hot trash.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    I'll play the events since they'll be there, I'll collect the toons if I'm required too (daily login, etc), but no matter how meta they may become, they'll more than likely sit at level 1 at the bottom of my roster list.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Lol people trashing Rebels haven't even watched the show, let alone season 2 or 3. Rebels is the current animated series and it only makes sense to have them in the game. Sure Ezra is whiny and Kanan is meh, but I enjoy the show because it's Star Wars.

I watched up to season 3 episode 8. Only watched it that far Because it's SW. That show is hot trash.

Elaborate your trash talk please
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    sneeyatch wrote: »
    I'll play the events since they'll be there, I'll collect the toons if I'm required too (daily login, etc), but no matter how meta they may become, they'll more than likely sit at level 1 at the bottom of my roster list.

Hopefully there will be some credits or gear in the events, so there's that.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    People seem to forget that like Rebels, the Clone Wars also took several seasons (arguably more than Rebels) to find its footing. Whats nice about TCW is that since its an anthology format, you can skip lame storylines.

When they released that droid story ark.... It was a pain to watch week after week :(
    I remember all I wanted was Maul and Savage episodes lol
  • XiliX
    59 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    vessaharja wrote: »
    And remember that Ahsoka has a really nice butt in Rebels. Def an improvement.

It's even better in the pron parodies!!

( or so I have been told ;) )
    The Gene Pool NEEDS Chlorine
    Life is the leading cause of Death
    I have walked through the Valley of Evil and emerged the Shadow of Death