Getting Palpatine at 7*

Prev1
The team that I'm using is

Ackbar (L) - G8
Biggs - G8
Wedge - G9
Sthan - G9
Lando - G9

All of them are 7*, level 79 and modded. Idk if this is good enough to get palpatine at 7*. The more I think about it, the more it seems that I won't be able to get him at 7*.

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    You'll probably be fine. Maybe level them up a bit
  • Gcdevil
    153 posts Member
    Wouldn't Wedge be a better lead?
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    It's all about the mods. Get as much speed on them as possible. Of course get crit chance and crit damage mods on wedge, Biggs, and Lando. You should be able to do it. Probably use Lando as lead though.
  • EenerGwnok
    145 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    @DatBoi that's the max I can go! Maybe I'll reach 80 a day before the event ends.
  • @Gcdevil yeah I'm wondering which is better. Wedge with the heal and ackbar with the tenacity boost. I'll try both for sure.
  • @Cm3Po I'm only able to get health mods. Have a couple of tenacity on ackbar though. Yeah I'm going to try the 3 diff leaders until I get it right haha
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    I'd strongly suggest openin up the other mods. Health mods don't compliment most characters. Of course they're good enough to start with and then there's some characters (especially tanks) that need them. Always always always buy speed arrows in the mod shop!
  • @Cm3Po in that case I have to start working on my toons lol. Regarding the speed arrow mods, even if it's 1/2 dots?
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    so put speed mods and wedge and biggs, switch wedge to lead and you should be able to finish it, maybe get each hero a couple levels...
  • @Osik yeah working on the speed mods now. Trying to boost up their speed a little bit more. But I can't get them up a couple of levels cos I'm only at level 79 myself haha
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    At least do the jawas and scoundrels for the crit mods. The scoundrels are an absolute must and should be any new players first team as those credits are extremely precious. Jawa of course are great for the aat raid. You can get away with murder just having these mods available. Of course having the other mods is useful, but very situational. I use tenacity mods on some characters (Jedi in heroic phase 1 aat), I use speed mods on anyone that is already lightning fast as it'll benefit them the most. Offense I haven't touched yet, but they'll see their use in the near future with teams like nihilus lead sith that can't crit.
  • Cm3Po wrote: »
    At least do the jawas and scoundrels for the crit mods. The scoundrels are an absolute must and should be any new players first team as those credits are extremely precious. Jawa of course are great for the aat raid. You can get away with murder just having these mods available. Of course having the other mods is useful, but very situational. I use tenacity mods on some characters (Jedi in heroic phase 1 aat), I use speed mods on anyone that is already lightning fast as it'll benefit them the most. Offense I haven't touched yet, but they'll see their use in the near future with teams like nihilus lead sith that can't crit.

Yup for scoundrels I'm just left with IG-88. Once I have him at a decent level I'm attempting the crit chance mofs challenge. Jawa team is still far off as I'm working on my empire/sith team right now. Speed mods will still be light years for me, as I haven't touched on my resistance team at all.
  • Is my comp enough to get palpatine at 7*?
  • I got mine back in August when he first came out. Can't remember exactly what I used, but your team looks ok. Give it a go. Good luck

Thanks man!
  • Switch out Ackbar for Wedge lead and you'll smash it with very little resistance
  • Iron_Zilla wrote: »
    Switch out Ackbar for Wedge lead and you'll smash it with very little resistance

Roger that haha thanks man!
  • Up
  • Less than 24 hours till we get palpy!!!! Lol
  • I had the same team you have in OP, had to get a bit lucky with RNG in the final round but I think it was on the 5th go I did it.
    Good luck, EP is awesome!
  • Kind of hate the rebels, I dislike Akbar even more (for no good reason, btw) -- I did it with Lando (lead) - st han - leia - biggs - and farmboy - barely geared to 9, lando was 10, 7*, and bare minimum mods.

Heck, farmboy Luke stunned the emperor! Which I found hilarious.

Gear 8 might make it a little rough, if Akbar clears some debuffs at the right moment you should be fine nonetheless.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • JimmyBob wrote: »
    I had the same team you have in OP, had to get a bit lucky with RNG in the final round but I think it was on the 5th go I did it.
    Good luck, EP is awesome!

@JimmyBob hey thanks for the response! Will give it a go! Thanks man!
  • Kind of hate the rebels, I dislike Akbar even more (for no good reason, btw) -- I did it with Lando (lead) - st han - leia - biggs - and farmboy - barely geared to 9, lando was 10, 7*, and bare minimum mods.

Heck, farmboy Luke stunned the emperor! Which I found hilarious.

Gear 8 might make it a little rough, if Akbar clears some debuffs at the right moment you should be fine nonetheless.

@PremierVenoth haha the only reason I went with him cos of the cleanse and tactical genius.

I'm hoping to get lando and wedge to g10 and maybe ackbar and Biggs to g9 depending on the drop rates of gears I'm getting after raids for the next week. We shall see! Thanks man!
  • Thanks for the advice everyone! I got him at 7* with this team.

Wedge (L) - G9
    Lando - G9
    STHan - G9
    Ackbar - G8
    Biggs - G8

All at level 79, modded with health mods. I didn't lose any toons so if others out there are still thinking if they need to improve their rebel team to get him at 7*, the team that I use is more than enough! Good luck!!
  • ptr
    173 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Really easy. Wiggs, Lando, Ackbar, StH

All G8, (Biggs lvl84, rest 81) mediocre mods 1-2 dots, slow speed and Ackbar wasnt even fully moded.
  • Fizzik
    114 posts Member
    If you're worried, I just hammered the event with what is probably one of the worst rebel teams available. https://swgoh.gg/u/fizzik/collection/?f=rebel
  • SikrouDeco
    338 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Got mine to 7*!

Leia g9, K2so g8, Wedge g8, Biggs g8, GA g8

Killed RG's, Then EP, then Vader lol
  • AbyssalH
    303 posts Member
    https://swgoh.gg/u/abyssalh/ .. I managed it to 7* palps with these crappy toons haha
  • Got my very own EP at 7* using AA (L) Lando HRSc STHan and Biggs all g8, with second tier mods. I found the event very easy. Either I was very lucky, the devs nerfed the difficulty or the hardness level was way overhyped.
  • Basu
    3 posts Member
    Just finished the 7* star challenge

(L)Wedge G8, Biggs G8, STHan G7, Ackbar G8, Lando G8 all of them at level 75 with no mods, took a lot of tries.
    Focus the RGs then Palpatine and finally Vader.