Character releases request

Sektor
27 posts Member
edited March 2017
Hey guys,
I really appreciate the efforts and the very good ideas you put into this game. It is great you come along with new stuff that really spices the gaming experience. Also I very barely witnessed devs to be that active on customers discussions.
And as you might guess here comes a "but". We are facing a lot of new toons since December. Good toons- fun toons. But toons that the great majority can't really use by their full spectrum because they are simply not farmable - they can't be used in raids or on high arena rank (arena there might be 1 or 2 exceptions - but that is not the point)
The point is: PLEASE - and I really beg you there, SLOW down releasing new toons. It is way too much to handle for us.
I don't want to make this a discussion about money making policy's - I just wanna say- for **** (or whoevers sake) give us some slack- give us time to experience the full scale of your recently released characters and their synergy.
A small comment from a dev would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Post edited by Mageduckey on

Replies

• I'm just glad they have a schedule now, but it is true that the meta is changing very quickly.
  • Rogue One is old news now and the characters are still being held for ransom.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I like how many toons are being released. I think the idea is that not everyone will be working on the same teams and there'll be some variety. It forces you to focus.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    I think the release is ok. Just gotta be picky on who you choose to use. Resources are precious and therefore do some research on who you pick to take all the way. I'm hoping for a lot of ships to come or way. I want to see a ship raid soon too! Even if it is like the rancor raid and he tiers 1-7 and we have to start on a low tier and work our way up to tier 7, it would be fun.
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    three months ago: we want more content!
    *content nearly gets doubled*
    now: too much content!

ah, the elusive Goldilocks zone
  • Toons are not content

I really would appreciate new raid, tournaments, additional gw nodes etc.

But now they Even Start to restrict new events to new toons...
  • I couldn't agree more and be LESS excited of Phoenix squad release...
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    If toons/ships are spread out a bit more where they are released would be cool. Chopper is a nice step being character of the month, as long as he doesn't end up chromium only in april.
  • The problem with slowing down the character releases is also probably the same reason you want it slowed down: You and everyone else has time to farm them. Then we get over saturation of specific toons and squads in the arena.

When we speed it up to an abundance of toons you're kinda rewinding the clock to the beginning where everyone was running toons they thought were the best, but not everyone was running the same squad. Personally I like the diversity created by personal choice with an abundance.
  • MegatronG1
    41 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    So you're complaining that you can't get character to 7-stars or that you can't gear up the new toons without sacrificing gear intended for other toons
  • Tuscan21
    514 posts Member
    We didn't have this backlash to the clone wars characters. Ahsoka, fives, nightsisters, savage, etc weren't criticised.

If we had R2 and C3PO then we'd have the vast majority of the major movie characters.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    More content means more variety in the squads. As it is since the beginning, we cannot gear and level up every toons, it's a matter of choice between the ones who like Rebels, Sith, Empire now Phoenix.

Some weeks ago, people were complaining about diversity, now people is complaining because there is too much toons.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Some weeks ago, people were complaining about diversity, now people is complaining because there is too much toons.

The diversity was short lived with the Zaul meta on my arena shard.

I like the speed they are releasing toons, just not where they release em. First all went in Tournament, now all go in this event-pack combo.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Nightlores wrote: »

I like the speed they are releasing toons, just not where they release em. First all went in Tournament, now all go in this event-pack combo.

It's because zMaul is now more or less easily accessible and can be 7-starred. When every new released toon, including the R1 toons will be farmable, diversity will come.

I also prefere the new way to release toons, since at least we can experiment for free those toons, whereas we didn't know before spending if toons were good or not with thournaments (OK, in that case, every released toons were good).
  • Maybe they release those characters so hasty because the Star Wars Rebels serie is going to finish? I'm not saying this is the actual reason, I'm wondering if this might not be a clue about the fate of the Star Wars Rebels?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Maybe they release those characters so hasty because the Star Wars Rebels serie is going to finish? I'm not saying this is the actual reason, I'm wondering if this might not be a clue about the fate of the Star Wars Rebels?

At the rate this current season is going, they aren't finishing anytime soon
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I liked the announcement of the SW:R characters. But mainly because I couldn't care less about them which gives me a lot of time to build others and I can just forget about this update (I don't care about ships anyway since I 3*'d the Zeta challenge).

EDIT: I mean... Sorry, but child toons from TV are coming before Jedi Luke (and Padme, etc.)? Seriously?
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Nightlores wrote: »

It's because zMaul is now more or less easily accessible and can be 7-starred. When every new released toon, including the R1 toons will be farmable, diversity will come.

I also prefere the new way to release toons, since at least we can experiment for free those toons, whereas we didn't know before spending if toons were good or not with thournaments (OK, in that case, every released toons were good).

No, this is totally wrong: Zaul is the best arena lead since the introduction of Zeta. The only lead that gives a percent speed gain on start.

ZGJ was much more accessible than Zaul but much less popular than Zaul. I have 7 out of 8 Zaul lead in my top arena, so stop with the diversity argument.