Who is the Most Versatile Toon?

I am writing this as census of sorts as to who everyone thinks is the most versatile toon. I am thinking in terms of usefulness for raids, arena, GW, L/S & D/S & cantina battles, and ships (if applicable). Provide a brief explanation if you’d like or just name the toon.

For me it’s Boba Fett. He fits into my D/S and L/S arena teams perfectly. He doesn’t rely on synergy from any other toons to be useful and has AOE ability block which is a huge game changer. His revive has won me so many battles and his execute can also be used to just dispel if it isn’t a killing blow. He has a ship which is just an added bonus and is decent at raids. He's also needed for credit and droid heists and helps with crit chance mod challenges. He is very gear heavy but he’s worth every piece in my opinion.

Replies

• StarSon
    7409 posts Member
    Wile E. Coyote
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    GK
  • AbyssalH
    303 posts Member
    Well. Ig88 i love him.. Gmhes like the carry in lol fits everywhere hits like a truck and also ability block.. Decent droid synergy but also nice leader for aat
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    Boba is up there for me, but I'd also say Luminara. When well geared, she hits like a truck, takes massive damage well, and her heal + HOT has pulled me out of the fire more times than I can count.
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    AbyssalH wrote: »
    ...hits like a truck...

Great minds... :)

• Zader.

He's still okay in the arena, awesome in the pit, not bad at haat and reliable in the gw.

And the most versatile toon just in the Arena - I would say General Kenobi.
  • To me QGJ
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Fives is up there too. Strong fast ship. He slows, counter attacks. assists and has ridiculous armor. He's useful everywhere.
  • lukeroks
    304 posts Member
    Palpatine imo, his stun, shock, self heal, hard hitting basic he's a superb toon
  • Boba.
    This is a signature.
  • For me palpatine and Rex, both were, are, and will be part of the meta for a long time, and are useful for raids and GW
  • 5's and Boba are a welcome addition to any team with or without synergy. I'm sure there are more. I use RG as well for a lot of teams.
  • MoBlaq
    580 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Zylo can fit on any team
  • Here's my list, and I've even used them as a team together with decent results(11th rank in arena). JKA, Boba, Aayla, Sun Fac, and Rex. I've seen all of these used on various teams before individually as well.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jka, b2, boba

They can hold their own in most arena teams. Almost no team they can't help you counter.
  • Boba definitely. Fives is up there. Baze in most cases because he can keep the pressure off. Lumi is pretty awesome too. A healer that can "hit like a truck" like the other guy said.

Nihilus is moving up my list though. If he's fast enough, that guy is a beast. He dispells, he reduces cooldowns, and he can wipe out a pesky toon in one move.

Boba hits his AoE, then Nihilus hits Force Drain...deadly.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Jka, b2, boba

They can hold their own in most arena teams. Almost no team they can't help you counter.

Add GK instead of B2 and that's the top 3. They fit in any team.
  • Boba and palp
  • Qui Gon Jinn, useful in both raids, was very useful in arena for a while and if you zeta him he still is amazing, great for gw and is just an all around great character
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Boba-Zader-Fives-Tfp....useful in arena, ships, cantina, both raids.

• Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Chaze lol. This duo has every function, damage, heal, equalize, cleanse, taunt, dispels, tenacity up, buff inversion, slow, counter attack, health steal and speed.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Chaze. You can pair them with cup, ugnaught and nightsister acolyte and still take top 20 in arena.
  • JRies
    20 posts Member
    What is GK?
  • Do you think it is a good idea to focus on these versatile toons as a FTP beginner instead of farming rebels or the actual meta (empire/sith) to gear 11? I am level 67 and working on a team of Rex (L), Kylo, Aayla, Sun Fac and Barriss/5s to invest my first raid gear. Boba would also be great, but I can either get a whole squad to gear 10 or equip him.
  • Boba & Ventress. Ventress is fast, can stun with basics, has group buff dispel that can lower TM which is really handy against stealthers, an AoE that finishes cool down on kill (all of these thing heal her btw). And Rampage which turns her into an absolute beast.
  • Josh_K wrote: »
    Chaze lol. This duo has every function, damage, heal, equalize, cleanse, taunt, dispels, tenacity up, buff inversion, slow, counter attack, health steal and speed.

Indeed, and they don't just have any ole taunt it's an insta-taunt.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Lucky7th wrote: »
    Qui Gon Jinn, useful in both raids, was very useful in arena for a while and if you zeta him he still is amazing, great for gw and is just an all around great character

Also, very easy to gear. i got him to T11, without realizing it practically...
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    JRies wrote: »
    What is GK?

Donkey Kong's older brother.
  • General Kenobi and Rex can go into any team.
  • GK, Boba, B2, Rex.