Do we need Jango Fett?

Prev1
DeboerBrunos
86 posts Member
edited March 2017
I've seen a lot of people say that Jango should be the next toon, but how would people suggest making him different to his son?
I always imagined that Boba's res sybolised him starting out as Jango. Please put me right??

Replies

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    I think Boba Fett should have the clone tag first off.

His dad should be too, even though he isn't one (having clones and being a clone probably lead to the same synergy, if not better for the one who was cloned). I'd like to see him get a leader ability that powers up based on the clones in his group.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »

His dad should be too, even though he isn't one (having clones and being a clone probably lead to the same synergy, if not better for the one who was cloned). I'd like to see him get a leader ability that powers up based on the clones in his group.

That's actually a really good point about the clone tag !!
  • Yes he is the clone daddy after all
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Clone Daddy needs to be a tag. Make it so.

To the OP: Yes, Jango would be a good addition. There are many ways you can make him different. Different abilities, different animations, etc. Ironically, Boba has many abilities that should be more correctly linked to Jango - Boba could have an ability that ties (no pun intended) to his wrist cable that he used on Luke, for example - although, Jango could use it too (he did the same to Obi Wan on the platform). Jango should be more "evade" focused and was also decent in hand-to-hand combat as well.

Jango also used pistols, not a EE3 Carbine (which is more of a rifle).

Also, Boba should have had some sort of rolling pin synergy:

donuts5.jpg
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • DeboerBrunos
    86 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Lol
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    I interpret the revive as him coming back from the Sarlaac.

The similarity, though, is why I think other missing toons (Padme, Piett, Bossk, JEDI LUKE, Rebel Chewie, Wicket, Jabba, Willrow Hood, etc.) should be added first.

About the clone tag thing: Yes, he is also a clone of Jango, but not in the same way by a longshot. He would not be considered a brother-in-arms of the other clones. I think the clone tag is meant to represent the Republic army. Hence some Jedi having clone synergy. I would not expect Aayla, for example, to have synergy with Oola.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I would not expect Aayla, for example, to have synergy with Oola.

I would not expect it - but I would...ummm...be right behind it. 100%.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • I'm all for Boba having the Clone Tag. And Ventress having the Bounty Hunter Tag (she was a Nightsister for like 2 seconds).

And yes we need Jango. And Bossk. And 4LOM. And Embo. And Aura Sing. Hall throw Hondo & Pirates in there too.
  • He should def be a clone, because he is a clone of Jango. It would be tough to make him different, since he is by definition the same. Right?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    SlabRankle wrote: »
    I'm all for Boba having the Clone Tag. And Ventress having the Bounty Hunter Tag (she was a Nightsister for like 2 seconds).

And yes we need Jango. And Bossk. And 4LOM. And Embo. And Aura Sing. Hall throw Hondo & Pirates in there too.

perso_sing_aurra.jpg

YES PLEASE!!!

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Boba was raised by Jango and not prematurely aged. If anything he should have more synergy than other clones with clones. He too is a clone, and was raised by the original, plus has a longer life span. That's lots of time to power up.
  • Obviously we need Jango. He singlehandedly escaped from and almost killed (with a little bit of help from Boba of course) Obi-Wan Kenobi THE master of defensive light saber combat Soresu. Not even General Grevious with his four lightsabers could defeat or escape from Master Obi-Wan. If he's going to have synergy with anyone it should be with Zam Wessel.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    but how would people suggest making him different to his son?
    http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/03/Black-Series-Jango-Fett-14.jpg
    For me Jango is someone between Rex and Boba.
    He uses one pistol for basic atack (increasing accuracy and getting dmg boost) (judging from his fight on Geonosis before gets killed by Mace Windu)
    He has more protection than boba(additional shileds, probably shield regeneration on defeating an enemy) but same low amount hp as Rex and Boba
    he uses both pistols for huge damage and to decrease defence, mb dealing percent dmg to enemy's shields(protection)
    Uses alternative to death from above but with two pistols, to stun un enemy and with zeta this attack grants him and Boba(if present) evasion, tenacity up and speed boost.
    Plus each time boba gets attacked - Jango gets turn meter, or mb chance to attack enemy who's attacking Boba.
    that's all judging on his fight with Kenoby. So, I guess he's a lot different))
  • The tag isn't "clone," the tag is "clone trooper." Jango and Boba Fett were never clone troopers, in spite of having the same DNA.
  • An Old Ben style death buff for Boba and other bounty hunters would be appropriate I think.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    SlabRankle wrote: »
    An Old Ben style death buff for Boba and other bounty hunters would be appropriate I think.

Boba/Jango synergy:

Jango "Losing My Head" - whenever Jango is defeated, Boba is dazed for one turn...then get's offense up, crit up and advantage.

• Maybe not the tag but he could sync well with them i.e. Slowed extra benefits from tenacity up, targeted stealth something like that
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Carbonari wrote: »
    The tag isn't "clone," the tag is "clone trooper." Jango and Boba Fett were never clone troopers, in spite of having the same DNA.

Maybe, but it shouldn't be. With the tag being that; flavor-wise it shouldn't apply to Boba or Jango, but realistically the majority of the synergy comes from the clone part of the tag rather than the trooper part. So flavor-wise they should be synergistic. The tag should be clone, not clone trooper.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited March 2017

There have been threads asking for this before, a good point against it is that there is no clone tag, only clone trooper and boba fett is not a clone trooper
  • Jango was the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, could kill jedi, and was the clone template. He should DEFINITELY be added. Plus he has the coolest sounding blasters in star wars
  • If you give the tag to Fett, he will then have 3 professions. The "clone trooper" tag is a profession, as is "scoundrel," and "bounty hunter." It is a tag that crosses over species, affiliation, alignment, and role.

The synergy doesn't just come from them all having the same DNA. The clones were all sent through the same training regimen. Fett was not. He has a whole different skill set.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Obviously we need Jango. He singlehandedly escaped from and almost killed (with a little bit of help from Boba of course) Obi-Wan Kenobi THE master of defensive light saber combat Soresu. Not even General Grevious with his four lightsabers could defeat or escape from Master Obi-Wan. If he's going to have synergy with anyone it should be with Zam Wessel.

Why should Jango have synergy with Zam? He killed Zam because she was captured, they didn't have any specific synergies in the film, she was just another part of the job and when she failed he killed her with a poisoned dart from kamino.
  • Ok, Jango wasn't a 'clone trooper' (i.e. a part of the Grand Army), so how about instead of clone synergy - he has defenses against clones? (like Emperor against Rebels/Jedi)

As the DNA source, maybe he (and Boba) would have some innate ability against clones? (IRL be able to anticipate actions and strategies, etc)

In-game maybe counters, evasions, etc. against clone attacks.
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Obviously we need Jango. He singlehandedly escaped from and almost killed (with a little bit of help from Boba of course) Obi-Wan Kenobi THE master of defensive light saber combat Soresu. Not even General Grevious with his four lightsabers could defeat or escape from Master Obi-Wan. If he's going to have synergy with anyone it should be with Zam Wessel.

Why should Jango have synergy with Zam? He killed Zam because she was captured, they didn't have any specific synergies in the film, she was just another part of the job and when she failed he killed her with a poisoned dart from kamino.

there is going to be a little synergy no matter what, even chewbacca has synergy with zam
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    If you give the tag to Fett, he will then have 3 professions. The "clone trooper" tag is a profession, as is "scoundrel," and "bounty hunter." It is a tag that crosses over species, affiliation, alignment, and role.

The synergy doesn't just come from them all having the same DNA. The clones were all sent through the same training regimen. Fett was not. He has a whole different skill set.

Oh yes, the training regimen that produced crappy clones that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. THAT'S where the synergy comes from...

I vehemently disagree. The Training was a joke. They are effective anyway because Jango was a bad dude. All their effectiveness comes from him. All their synergy comes from him.

They are known as profession and racial tags. Like Jawa, Ewok, Nighsister. This one should be racial, not professional.

• Vertigo wrote: »

I was mainly referring to people saying he should have synergy with clones. that was a bad example on my part. My meaning was instead of having synergy with clone troopers he should have synergy with other bounty hunters he has worked with, e.g. Zam Wessel.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    We need Jango! duh
  • Woodroward wrote: »

They are known as profession and racial tags. Like Jawa, Ewok, Nighsister. This one should be racial, not professional.
    Jawa is a race
    Ewok is a race
    Nightsister is an affiliation

There is no reason Boba Fett should have synergy with clone troopers whatsoever.
    An argument could be made for Jango Fett to have that synergy, but definitely not Boba Fett.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017

Jawa is a race
    Ewok is a race
    Nightsister is an affiliation

There is no reason Boba Fett should have synergy with clone troopers whatsoever.
    An argument could be made for Jango Fett to have that synergy, but definitely not Boba Fett.

Sure if you feel like ignoring the fact that they all have the exact same DNA, which is the only reason the Clones are effective at all.

Realistically there is no reason for the clone trooper profession tag to exist in the game. It conveys no special benefits, it simply signifies that you are a clone of Jango Fett in the service of the Republic. However, being a clone does convey special properties, properties, Jango, Boba, and all other clones share. The Clone tag should exist, the clone trooper tag should not.

Now you can keep on about how they aren't clone troopers, but all you will be doing is intentionally ignoring my point that the trooper part of that is completely irrelevant when it comes to their ability. I never suggested that they get given a clone trooper tag. I suggested that they be given a clone tag. When you pointed out it was a clone trooper tag, I pointed out that was foolish.

We all know the clone troopers/storm troopers have the worst aim in the galaxy. Their training is a joke. It conveys no special skill benefits, just armor.
  • We'd be "a head of" the game if he joined.. Hur hur hur