you know what passive ability would be awesome?

reizse
1447 posts Member
% chance to damage split.

pro: rng chance to reduce one-shots to spread evenly among the entire team.

con: unless you run a tanky team, your glass cannons will take dirt naps when you're not ready for them to do so. also, this pushes people to build characters that can drop 15k+ per shot. currently, it's impressive to do so, but it's overkill and only serves to show off (in hindsight, this isn't really a con).

note: could potentially kill the one-shotter IF the mechanic triggers counters, as an all counter team would pretty much gang up on the attacker and drop him.

anyway, i'm tired and delirious. not sure if this post makes sense.

i haven't fully explored this idea yet. please flesh out this idea just for shiggles
mighty chlorians

Replies

• Another con would be if you have a team with a "taunter" - that ability would work in direct opposition to it. But I do like the idea. Kind of a "shield" to prevent focussed kills with high DPS guys.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • 'Reflect dmg' would be nice as well :open_mouth:
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    That's called splash damage I guess? Sort of AoE effect.
    Not that I dislike the idea or anything but I'm not sure if it fits. Will certainly shake up the meta.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    in fft, there was the calculator that had dmg split as a skill, which basically halved the damage you received on attack and reflected it back to the enemy. my idea would be to take a single hit and redistribute it evenly among your team with higher levels of the skill even reducing damage before the split or have a small chance to reflect % back to the attacker. imagine old ben + dmg split character...you'd take those one shot hits like they were meant to tickle you and counter (if the mechanic is designed that way).

if it's too strong as a passive, it can always be a buff that lasts x turns with a % chance to split
    mighty chlorians