How does Zylo work on defense?

Running a Zaul team with EP, Sidious, Nihilus (unique zeta) and shoretrooper. Wondering If kylo would be worth slotting in for EP. When I attack people that have Kylo's outrage zetad he never uses outrage, he always uses the aoe attack instead. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experience with him actually using the zeta ability on defense and if he's worth the spot on my team

Replies

• Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Personally I'd leave ep in and swap shore out for kylo, idk maybe shore works for you but his crit immunity hurts a zmaul team.
  • I know. I'm just worried about one of them getting dropped by wiggs because some still run them even at the top of the arena on my shard. But I'm also thinking of putting b2 back into my team as well. Would it be better to drop b2 and shore to add kylo and shore or just drop shore for kylo?
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    It depends on who you're facing, chaze team I'd say drop shore and put in b2, most anything else I'd use kylo as when the sith are stealthed they have to beat on him making him stronger.

Depending on your gear levels a wiggs triple shot will only net 1 crit as the first one to hit pops stealth and crit immunity. I'd try experimenting with it, imo you'd be better without shore.
  • Kylo is better than Shore for that team but I don't think he is all that good on D.

GK or Baze or someone like that would be better (though most don't have them including me). You really need someone with ability block otherwise Shore is just pointless against most teams.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Just FYI - I also run Zaul +Nihilus - and save a little 8 turn cooldown present just for opposing Kylo. ;)

I don't have Kylo maxed yet but several posters run him in Zaul lineups. He's legit.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • One of the guys in my chat on my shard runs a FO team and his team never gives me any grief. We're pretty lucky and there's no mega whales in the top 10 so we all kind of just try things out. The shard has been very slow to catch on to the current meta. Still people running Lando teams with ST Han in the top 20-50. Just curious on staying ahead of the curve
  • I run a similar team. I pulled ST, he's good for zader and fast TFP but terrible vs Jedi.

I run either B2 or non zeta Kylo and will soon put in GK once I get his 20,000 carbanti gear. Kylo zeta is useless on defense but I think he works because nobody is going to pick him to take out first vs a zaul team w EP, DN or even SA.

Regardless of who I put in for my 4th-5th, it's always the same. I can beat everyone and at least a few people can beat me regardless of my team which I think is good and makes it fun.

Mods are always the determining factor. I could throw in RG, SF, 5s, Baze, GK etc in the 5the slot and I doubt it would change my arena situation any.
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    I run a Maul lead with Palp, TFP, Zylo, and Baze as my tank. Doesn't drop below 15 or so. Maul isn't Zetad either. Zylo can finish off many teams 1v3 or 1v4 even. Depends on the team and thei speeds.
  • You must have someone with healing immunity to stop Zylo, Chaze, Zarris, Zoba, or Zaul. Period.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    If Kylo is under 100% (or maybe its 75% health or 50% health?) he uses Outrage on defense, but pretty much every other time he will use his AOE. I've seen him use it when I was facing a Zeta'd Kylo he used Outrage on Maul (and missed hehehehe) but he did use it, he didn't just AOE spam once he was at low health. He basically will only use it when he's over 100% of whatever % health if he AOEs and doesn't get hit and that 1 DoT he gives himself doesn't trigger the cooldown reset, which means he will rarely use it to stun. But he does use it at some points in the match.

But as Nikom said, I don't bother with Kylo at the beginning of the match and then just annihilate him with Nihilus lol.