Packs in the future

Big_Boss
2326 posts Member
edited March 2017
Ok well I have been contemplating a few things about these new packs that many complain about being over priced.....
1) These packs share one Big diffrence between Aurodium and them selves and it is the chance to have a omega matt. Considering that we still get charged 200 crystals to refresh a omega matt attempt in the weekend omega events I highly believe that price is added to the pack price
2) Even aurodium had credits and purple matts etc. that is also summed up to the price of a pack.
Ok so what am I getting at? Anyone who buys packs for new toons most likely has the resources to level upgrade and gear the toon they are paying for. Also when someone buys I pack no one does it for the credits they do it for the toon so please for the next packs lets avoid "These packs are overpriced" thread every time a new pack is released and just eliminate the price of those materials and charge us only the toons shards.

One last thing I would like to suggest is that back in aurodium days this 5-30 shards per pack did not exist instead it was almost always a 4 star toon that would give a minimum of I believe 10 shards (can't recall its been so long) with the chance of a full unlock. Can we please go back to that system??? I really enjoy that we get to try the toon out first with these events but I also miss investing a fair amount to get a head start on a toon so it would be good if you guys made all new releases 4 stars (80 shard unlock) and began to use the old aurodium system but this time only charge us the shards not any materials so you can remove those. Minimum 10 shards per pack with a chance of a full unlock which is first unlock 80 shards second and beyond 32 shards at I don't know 750-1000crystals per pack (aurodium was only 750 and gave credits and what not) And how does the company benefit from this?
1) No more this pack is overpriced threads
2) We get what we want which is the shards and not the other stuff for a fair price
3) Smaller spenders will want to buy a few more packs because of GOOD value
4) Whales that are really boycotting will most likely start spending again
5) this will still alow you guys to keep your current cadence
6) it will create a more friendly feeling towards the company
And 7) it's basically a win win for both the company and the fan base alike.

So recap
A) Remove the materials and sell us only the shards
B. ) Raise minimum shards per pack to 10.
C) Instead of a max of 30 make it with a chance at a full unlock which at 4* is 80 shards then second unlock 32.
@CG_TopHat @EA_Jesse you 2 are great so I tag you just in case you like the idea and show it to the Bosses over at EA and CG :lol:

Replies

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    DELETED.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    For clarification I still want the events that let you unlock the toon and try him out first. That way I know if this is the toon I really want to purchase and well I can invest a "fair" amount of money to complete my new toon
  • UoJCAM
    213 posts Member
    This would be a great idea. They can make the same amount of $ because more people will spend.
  • +9999999999
  • I never have and never will touch any of those gambler packs with "Chance to get x-y shards" packs because i think they are a total ripoff.

When i think about spending money i want to know exactly what i will get so i can decide for myself if it is of good value for me or not. That's why i bought the Maul pack because at my level he is hard to farm and it was a guaranteed "You unlock the Toon you want for 20 bucks + goodies" so i decided it's a good value for me and bought it. But even if some packs includes stuff i need or want .. if it has x-y shard chance i won't touch that ****.

Imho swgoh is pretty pricey already.. because EA does not come up with packs for lower price ranges of 5-15 bucks to tickle all the f2p more (besides crystal subscription) and just caters to whales and hopes for impulse buys which result in big money coz their packs are costly. If they would see that 150 pennys are more worth than 1 Buck i think i would buy more and more regularely.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    UoJCAM wrote: »
    This would be a great idea. They can make the same amount of $ because more people will spend.

Yeah this is exactly what I think. I can't say im a F2P but im not even a Goldfish when it comes to how much I have spent (like 160$ total playing since December 2015) but its the exact same reason that @Namacyst said above. There is way to much gamble, if it was always a good set amount then I would feel more the desire to spend like for example I remember last year they sold a Ewok Elder pack with him completely unlocked and a good amount of shards for scout for 5$ i didn't have them 7* ewoks were the trend in that moment so I said heck I want it and bought the packs there was no gamble involved. When we pay for a pack technically we pay the price for max rewards but since its a gamble the slot machine always makes you lose and gives minimum rewards
  • The new toons are viable at 4* in arena, those in the old packs are not.

So for 2,600 crystals you can get a fully viable arena toon capable of being a member of a top 10 team. The whales spend big to get there extra 5% advantage and F2P get the new toon absolutely free to start gearing and playing around in PvE.

I think the system is great personally.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    The new toons are viable at 4* in arena, those in the old packs are not.

So for 2,600 crystals you can get a fully viable arena toon capable of being a member of a top 10 team. The whales spend big to get there extra 5% advantage and F2P get the new toon absolutely free to start gearing and playing around in PvE.

Not true bro some old toons were viable at lower star levels but your wouldn't know since well not everyone got to try them.
    BTW don't confuse what Im saying I love the new system but Im specifically talking about how the packs are priced. No one said that the current system and cadence wasn't good I really really love getting access to new toons and trying out which ones I want to level and gear but this is specifically about pack value
  • Big_Boss wrote: »

Not true bro some old toons were viable at lower star levels but your wouldn't know since well not everyone got to try them.
    BTW don't confuse what Im saying I love the new system but Im specifically talking about how the packs are priced. No one said that the current system and cadence wasn't good I really really love getting access to new toons and trying out which ones I want to level and gear but this is specifically about pack value

Which toons before the R1 toons?

I'm am talking about pricing, I have bought the new packs (DN & SA) I think the pricing satisfies all parties.

Are you saying 2,600 is too much for a brand new top tier area toon? Truth is I could pay to 7* but why spend 50,000 crystals for an extra 5% when I got 95% for 2,600.

If the variance bothers you, just assume you get the lowest because I'm sure you know that is what you're going to get 95% of the time.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Big_Boss wrote: »

Which toons before the R1 toons?

I'm am talking about pricing, I have bought the new packs (DN & SA) I think the pricing satisfies all parties.

Are you saying 2,600 is too much for a brand new top tier area toon? Truth is I could pay to 7* but why spend 50,000 crystals for an extra 5% when I got 95% for 2,600.

If the variance bothers you, just assume you get the lowest because I'm sure you know that is what you're going to get 95% of the time.

B2, sun fac

And again your presuming

Assume I will get the least amount doesn't change the price tag
  • Namacyst
    18 posts Member
    edited March 2017

I already look at every gamble pack this way when i determine it's worth for me and they never are.. they tbh never are anywhere near something being worth as much as they ask for.

Vague averaging mathematics incoming:

Lets say Nihilus gamble for example. You get 5-30 shards .. which means u get 5.
    5 shards for crystals in the shop cost you around 50-75 crystals per shard depending on hero which nets the shards worth at ~300 (took 60 crystals per as average).

You get 125k credits which equals roughly another 100 crystals (taken from the 45k-135k credits gamble pack for 120 crystals). You get cheap Material mats plus the chance of an omega .. which means you get cheap ability mats and no Omega. It's hard to put a crystal tag on them since they are available for Cantina currency but i guess you could get them within a Cantina refresh for 100 Crystals so i set another 100 here.

And that's it.

They sell a Pack that has an average worth of ~500 crystals 95% of the time for 1.299. (To be fair if you get 30 crystals in a pack and an omega the pack is well worth over 2000 crystals but measuring the chances for that after all the posts from people buying those packs this nearly never happens because the chances for that are slim to none... meaning even less than 5% because drops of 10 shards were reported very very rarely, too).

So in the end looking at it this way... i will never ever buy those Packs because it is always a BAD deal and i believe it's made this way to milk the whales because they don't care, trick dolphins into buying maybe 2-3 packs because they think they will get 30 shards after buying the first pack... and leave them disappointed in the end and last but not least... rarely.. very rarely grab some cash from F2P that don't read up on dropchances for packs and don't know the bad value.

Sadly there are alot of those packs and nearly none "You get what you see without gamble" crystal packs that would cater to people that spend less than 20 bucks a month and the value of the items matches the crystal value or are even below that to give more incentive to grab it. Imho those people are left out because they WOULD spend money on the game if CG/EA would offer them something of value and not always stuff to milk the whales that don't care anyways if they buy 20 overpriced packs.

Of course if they would bring packs like this they should make them onetime purchases .. maybe a new pack each month so the whales don't feed up on them and the F2P get to be Goldfish.

That's opinion on the matter.