The way new toons are rolled out and pricing are a win win for everyone

There were a lot of complaints about the Sith packs' cost but if you think about it, it's a great system that benefits everyone. People overlooked that fact everyone got a free toon and it's relatively cheap to make the arena viable. I like it and I hope they keep with it.

F2P - You got the new toons, all of them at launch. Tournaments you probably didn't get them unless you were a very early shard person. Are they arena viable? Probably not, but they're free and you can use them in PvE

Moderate spenders - For 2,600 crystals you can 4* them and they are arena viable just like ST and Chaze are. For a newly launched toon, I think that's reasonable for a moderate spender.

Whales - Yes, they are expensive to 7* but you are either whale or you aren't. Maybe the difference is only 5% from 4* to 7* but you pay big for any little advantage. If you care about price, you aren't a whale.

CG - They need to keep the F2P players happy but get revenue from the whales while providing value to the moderate spenders for max revenue.