Why no MOD QoL update?

Everything is great, much needed update, bravo!

But its left me wondering why there was no mod qol update in regards to sorting/configuring/mass removal?

Few suggestions/hopes:

Remove all button
Char switch arrow within details (like gear)
Any kind of advanced search/sort field for specified substat

Dont take this as any kind of complaint, just wishful thinking for maybe next time ...at least a remove all button, lol, thx.

Replies

• X0160768
    223 posts Member
    Hoping this is on the cards for a later update.
  • A 'remove all' button would be great
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Totally agree... I'm still managing my mods with a website (swgoh) AND a spreadsheet. With them, changing the line-up of my Arena team is already a daunting task (e.g. replace Biggs, modded for crit damage and chance by Tie Pilot, to be modded for offense and potency... Where are my offense mods again?). Without them, it would be just impossible. Managing hundreds of mods one at a time (or even 6 at a time) just doesn't scale up.

I really admire the guys who shuffle their mods around for each Raid!
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • should remove the credits required to remove them
  • Just add a rename mod function...
  • May be their next project :)
  • Unimatrix010
    483 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Just add a rename mod function...

Soo much this. I don't dare remove my mods because I'm scared I might never find them again.

That was an exaggeration, but you catch my drift.
  • TheLegendOfKimy
    108 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    i'd love to be able to move whole mod sets around, instead of having to move every single mod one by one, it's tedious and i occasionally end up with an entirely different mod set up on some toons because it's so hard to remember where each mod was.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    I've seen this feature requested MANY times and I've never heard a dev even mention that it's something that's on their radar.

Moving a mod set is a huge PITA and very time consuming. Can we please get this at some point instead of a repetitive 'back' button now occupying both sides of the screen?
  • They want you to farm mods for cash, not reuse mods
  • Obs0lete
    382 posts Member
    They are aware of the demand for mod set management. Jesse was asked about it on a recent Galactic War Report podcast, but he indicated that it was not going to be implemented anytime soon.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    I don't understand that thinking at all... Literally everyone switches mods for raids or changing arena teams.

To acknowledge the issue and player demand for it and to ignore it seems... hostile.
  • Recycling mods doesn't help put cash in EA's bank account.
  • Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    How about appreciating what we got instead of wanting more. Some people are ever satisfied. Must make life pretty hard
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    I don't understand that thinking at all... Literally everyone switches mods for raids or changing arena teams.

To acknowledge the issue and player demand for it and to ignore it seems... hostile.

Hostile? That's a little strong especially with your limited information. It's more that this change would require a X amount of hours and CG has a development window of Y. If we implemented X, we wouldn't also have time for A, B, C, D, & E. As a result, X gets pushed back and perhaps planned as time allows for a future release.
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    If I am DEV I will say: "You people are not very reasonable. There is no need for switching mods. You suppose to have a mod set for every toon!"
  • DrewR wrote: »
    If I am DEV I will say: "You people are not very reasonable. There is no need for switching mods. You suppose to have a mod set for every toon!"

This +100
    Sounds like you guys need buy more mods instead of switching them
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

Hostile? That's a little strong especially with your limited information. It's more that this change would require a X amount of hours and CG has a development window of Y. If we implemented X, we wouldn't also have time for A, B, C, D, & E. As a result, X gets pushed back and perhaps planned as time allows for a future release.

I have bumped up against the 1000 mod limit several times and had to go back and purge my inventory. I realize I have more than most but mod management is very difficult in general and a lot of requests have been made to simplify it or make it less time consuming and easier to organize.

I'm not pounding the table demanding anything. Just wondering why I've never seen it brought up as something they're working on since it would be a welcome addition to QOL improvements, and many players have requested it.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited March 2017

Is that what you're hypothesizing or grapevine info? I'm sure you're right, whichever.

P.s. Agree on the hostile part. That's a bit drama queening, ain't that right @ThePhantomPen 'is
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • ThePhantomPen
    131 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, "hostile" isn't the word I would use to describe EA not investing in a technical solution that would end up costing them money.

Let's be real. We all keep investing in mods for two reasons-
    1. You might get better stats on a new mod than the one you are currently using
    2. Switching is a pain in the rear, although inexpensive

I don't blame EA for not using Dev hours to implement this
  • MODs always bring up hostile feelings going back to Pre-Craft 2.0
  • QoL mod updates:
    1. Speed has been leveled for all mods with every mod having one speed stat that maxes at 15. So gear and zetas are now more important to competition.
    2. On tablets the view has been changed to see as many mods as one can see on a phone. For some reason the UI designers originally wanted users to hurt their eyes on their phones and force massive amounts of scrolling on tablets.
    3. Upgrading from 1-15 can be done in one button press now
    4. 3 dot mods will never drop from the third tier again and purples and golds will drop more frequently
    5. Drop rates increased permantently and mod energy is now separate from cantina energy
    6. The mod shop has been reduced in prices to reflect the new drop rates and speed changes
    7. Pipe dreams are real
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »

I have bumped up against the 1000 mod limit several times and had to go back and purge my inventory. I realize I have more than most but mod management is very difficult in general and a lot of requests have been made to simplify it or make it less time consuming and easier to organize.

I'm not pounding the table demanding anything. Just wondering why I've never seen it brought up as something they're working on since it would be a welcome addition to QOL improvements, and many players have requested it.

I definitely agree it needs work. I just thought "hostile" is too harsh of term. I think they are fully aware that this is a change that's wanted, resource availability and other priorities just need to align. IMO devs don't communicate as much as they could due to negative feedback they get if plans change (see AAT August jokes).

Is that what you're hypothesizing or grapevine info? I'm sure you're right, whichever.

P.s. Agree on the hostile part. That's a bit drama queening, ain't that right @ThePhantomPen 'is

Just hypothesizing based on my previous software management experience and planning releases.